Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Captain Rus

You have E-Mail

#242499 - 09/16/08 02:43 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I liked that http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchAndListen/play/b5a58235

I chose to see 50 songs per page and there are 15 pages in his site... counting some repeats, there are more than 500 songs in there. That IS something.

#242500 - 09/16/08 05:41 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Like the others said, that's not an arranger behind his vocals...I didn't hear a lot of intonation problems and all in all I'd say he's doing pretty well given how short a time he's been singing and his age...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#242501 - 09/18/08 09:05 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
memanny Offline

Loc: san bruno, california
Hello Russ and others out there, this is manny the one who's off pitch and not really an arranger per say. I play guitar and keyboard by ear and use them in some of my guitar playing songs and even singing background music. I sometimes play five or six different instrument sounds that i use my guitar, and guitar synthiziser, and with guitar synthizer to get all those sounds in s couple of my songs on singsnap, mostly guitar playing songs I'do use karaoke background music for all of my singsnap singing.

Didn't get back to you all earlier, cause bill's email got lost in the spam batch, and then just found it and am getting back to you all.

I'm not claiming to be anyone special, lets get that straight ok!. I'm me Manny a guy who loves to sing and play guitar, mostly music by ear. At my later part of life at 64, I'm trying to enjoy myself and like i said , make people happy. I love making people happy and have succeeded in doing so for the last five years of my being an entertainer. If you've really heard the King (Elvis) himself, you'd hear off pitches here and there! He's the king too?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's ok with me!

Just get one thing straight guy, and that is , I love what i do , and no one is going to take that away from me.

Manny

#242502 - 09/18/08 09:12 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Dnj Offline

Manny Ive heard Elvis, but you shouldn't compare yourself to "THE KING" Elvis thats some pretty big shoes that NO ONE CAN WEAR! ..........but, I will welcome you to the SZ. No reason to get flustered there are all kinds of opinions & ideas on this forum a thick skin and open mind will make you have an enjoyable experience here for sure.

Have Fun

#242503 - 09/18/08 09:25 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
memanny Offline

who can compare himself/herself to the king? no one and nor am i trying to do so.
manny

#242504 - 09/18/08 09:36 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Dnj Offline

Manny I was refering to your own statement in the above post.

"If you've really heard the King (Elvis) himself, you'd hear off pitches here and there!" "He's the king too?"

#242505 - 09/18/08 09:37 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Welcome Manny. Didn't mean to be hard. I'm a hard line jazzer and can't stand anything Elvis ever did. Always thought he was awful and a bad reflection of American music and culture.

But, most of my music heroes are or were relatively unknown and many starved or died broke from drugs and other bad things (pretty depressing, huh?).

That's my preference and certainly doesn't mean I'm not glad you're here. Like to see you stop by if you're ever in Kentucky. Just don't expect to hear any Elvis from me.

Russ

#242506 - 09/18/08 10:38 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
memanny Offline

i do respect your choice of artists, and elvis is not loved by all, i was brought up with his music and later in life i found out i had a voice and used it, i was in his voice range and wanted to make use of it, and mostly as an entertainmentand joy, and like i said, to make people happy. money has never been a priority with me ,though a necessity unfortunately.

i love music and love to play keyboard by ear and love to improvise and use it in my music, infact i'm looking into the korg m-361 now and seriously contemplating in getting one.

thanks for the invite. if i ever did come, elvis wouldn't be mentioned for damn sure.
manny

i

#242507 - 09/18/08 12:14 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
How can anyone hate Elvis...His ballad stuff is top notch, and many of his upbeat stuff too...I an starting to worry about you Russ..

Top male singers (proven) to me are:

Dean Martin

Elvis Presley

Frank Sinatra

Eddy Arnold

In that order..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online