SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#242488 - 09/12/08 12:35 PM Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL Synthzoners,
I want to tell you about a new member of one of my E Mail Lists, named Manny Catania, who lives in our San Francisco bay area and is also an Elvis Impersonator. I got to know him through his Cousin Alfred Borg in Australia, who is a major contributor of his recorded Keyboard songs to our Email Lists. Manny is originally from Malta and has been here since he was 6 years old.
Manny plays a Blues Guitar that will just drive you up the wall. His vocals IMHO are as good as Elvis and sometimes even better. He uses a keyboard for backing tracks, I forget which one now. He has played some shows around the country with 3 or 400 people in attendance. He is well liked by all that have seen and heard his work.
Click on the URL below and you will be on a website where Manny has 74 pages of songs, probably everyone you know, and a few videos. It will take you days to listen to them all. He even makes his own costumes for the shows he does.
You can go to singsnap.com by clicking on the URL below that will take you directly to Manny’s pages all 74 of them.
Be sure to click on the song title to play it. If you click in the box then they want to charge you for creating a song list, so don’t click in the box.
Let me know if you have any questions.
I am not including Manny’s E Mail address but you can write him through his SINGSNAP Web Page or through me. He likes to get email from all my list members and all of you too.
Please welcome Manny to our group of special people that are synthzoners.
I believe he will become one of our members very soon. http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlis...xpiry=a886f2390
Best to all,
Bebop Bill

#242489 - 09/13/08 09:32 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
BEBOP Offline

Hello, where is everybody?
No responses??
why is that??
thanks,
Bebop

#242490 - 09/14/08 01:35 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
BEBOP Offline

bounce
Bb

#242491 - 09/15/08 09:01 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Bill, you obviously like the guy. Maby the reason you have not gotten a response is, others think like me. Frankly, the guy has a pitch problem. and, in my mind, Elvis impersonators are the bottom of the entertainment barrel. He may be great live, but, considering his recordings, he's pretty bad, at least in my opinion.

Normally, if I don't have something good to say about something, I say nothing. You're our friend, and maby others felt the same way.

Hope you know I'm not trying to hurt your feelings.

Be well,

Russ

#242492 - 09/15/08 09:15 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Actually, I just took the time to listen to some of the songs. Only on one two did I hear a pitch problem. Most were good.
However, it sounds like he's singing to karaoke tracks. He may be playing along with them. But definitely American Trilogy is a recorded background.
That's o.k. but I don't hear any arrangers.
DonM

#242493 - 09/15/08 04:16 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Russ, you are a little harsh..

I don't think he is bad at all..
What you interpret as pitch problems, may be his inflections in his voice..

Any way..not a great way to welcome a possible newbie to SZ...

#242494 - 09/15/08 06:01 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Fran... Not to pile on (I'm trying not to kick little puppies around too much, these days!), but this guy is fronting his vocals, so it's tough to ignore...

He's probably a nice guy, may very well come here and get into the fray with us about arranger play, but essentially, this is an ARRANGER forum, not a singer's one. When he's got stuff that features his arranger playing, and not his vocals, that'll be the time to comment.

In the meantime, let's just acknowledge the pitch issue (but it's no worse than many here), but not dwell on it. Leave that for the SZ singer's forum (what? we haven't got one?!).

We look forward to Manny coming here and speaking up for himself, and talking about arranger use, etc.. In fact, it might have been better this way. I'm just not sure about the 'fanfare and introduction' method, it sets the bar a little high on a first outing. Bebop's a fan (or friend, at least), but this might have gone better if he had simply introduced himself. I'm sure that, at least HE wouldn't have used the words 'as good as Elvis and sometimes even better'

Sometimes our friends can be our worst enemy!

#242495 - 09/15/08 08:48 PM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
Dnj Offline

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/bac3948b

Although I only listened to this song & few others.....I dont know what to think...but I would say an arranger is definitly not being used in anyway. Maybe if Manny can come aboard the SZ & tell us a bit about himself & his act we could learn more.

#242496 - 09/16/08 11:07 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Anyway (one word, Fran-two words, Donny), this is why I usually don't comment on most posts of music unless they are really good. Probably should have kept my mouth shut.

R.

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 09-16-2008).]

#242497 - 09/16/08 11:41 AM Re: Bebop Introduces Manny the Elvis Impersonator
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Nah, your comments actually got this thread moving; it sat stagnant for days. Though they might say it was harsh, nobody else has come out with anything particularly glowing to say about the guy, so...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online