SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#242440 - 09/12/08 06:59 AM Question about Lionstracs Mediastation
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
The Mediastation has already been discussed in some other threads but I have a few questions about it.
Maybe someone here is uing it and can answerthem.
The features looks great, but does the Mediastation feature a vocal processor?
If so, how is that quality?
Also, how much will I need to use the touch screen to operate this thing?
I am visually impaired and I've read that there is a touch screen on this thing.
I am used to Linux, so no problems there.
This might be a question for the developer, but is this thing built under Gnome? Many thanks for any info!
Christian

#242441 - 09/13/08 10:11 PM Re: Question about Lionstracs Mediastation
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi Christian
The Vocal processor is under developement and will be released after the new OS 3.0 Kubuntu.

My main MS OS developer Christain ( same name like you ) will value to add a new plugin engine inside the GIGA LinuxSampler.
This new plugin allow to streaming the Voices in Realtime from some Jack audio Inputs ( from the Microphone MS inputs)
Instead to read the wav sounds file from the Hard disk, the sounds data will be take from the MIC Audio Jack inputs.
With the all ready features of the LinuxSampler we are then able to manage in Realtime how many Voice we like, uncluding also the all midi implementation features available o from the sampler.
I think then that 6 additional voice are enough for the Vocalist section, here one not complete demo MS interface that we use for testing this new plugin: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/vocalistdemoUI.jpg

About the touchscreen: normally you have to use it of the all others NOT mediastation application, where the all features are not linked by API to the MS keys pannel.
For example Firefox web browser, some complex VST/ASIO that need to editing some function only by the original interface.

Right now we use Linux Debian with KDE 3.5 interface, you can also download for free the OS distribution from here: http://www.64studio.com/
We use the same distribution too, but with added the all MS package and utility.
Really soon, when they are ready, we will porting all the MS OS packages under Kubuntu version for a totally new multimedia 64bit native OS distribution.
cheers

#242442 - 09/14/08 06:05 AM Re: Question about Lionstracs Mediastation
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
Many thanks for your reply.
This sounds very interesting.
Do you eventually plan to make the Mediastation more accessible to the blind and visually impaired musicians?
I have been trying out different boards including Korg, Roland and Yamaha. The first two are not that accessible due to their use of the touch screen. Me and other visually impaired musicians would like to take advantage of the features that todays workstations have to offer. We can use Windows sequencers and create music, but when you don't have a computer you want to do it on the instrument itself.
There is no accessibility for KDE from what I know of. There's only Orca, the screen reader for the Gnome desktop.
Any thoughts?
Many thanks,
Christian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online