SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#242425 - 09/11/08 12:25 PM Gigged with the Roland E-60...again!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Definitely a mixed bag....

I loved all the E-60 has to offer...99 percent of the time..

The place I am working this month..needs a lighter easy to haul thru crowds to set up..keyboard...That is why I bought the M-Audio Sono88..

It filled the bill for half of my needs..a controller that could regulate my laptop, and internal Sono sounds..with a great Audio/midi interface....and USB powered...

What was missing...no style/arranger and sequence playback...true the laptop could and did help with software arranger[a nightmare on the fly}..and sequence playback with VanBasco...

Enter the E-60..

Now I have the real time play I need..styles when needed..quickly

Same extended key range I need.....but I lose the Sono88's ability to hook up to the laptop (Audio interface)....The Edirol audio interface works great..but another hook up...no big deal..What the Sono really helped ...adjusting MP3/seq levels (laptop)...right from the Sono keyboard...

With the E-60 , I constantly have to reach down to the mixer...I will get use to this ..again..but the Sono spoiled me..

Now...here is the biggy........... ....of course.. .....The G70 is still the absolute best board to use...period...on any and all my jobs...

What I miss when the G70 stays in the studio...everything..

I miss the superior sounds collectively.(the E-60 ain't bad)...I miss the organ (VK)..and the draw bars...

I miss the quicker edits the G70 gives me..

I miss the "correct" user programs (originated on G70)..that the E-60..says "no style"...

I miss the easier to use transpose buttons..with out going to the touch screen to transpose..

I MISS THE MIC/HARMONIZER!!!!!!!!!!

I miss the input jacks and volume control on the G70

and audio effects too..

I miss the better key feel on the G70 (E-60 ain't bad)..

The E-60 has some trade offs when compared to the G70..(so does every other board.. )...but the weight is ideal for crowded places...and as I said ..what it does..it does right...

The E-60 is 17 pounds lighter than the G70...but I figured out..the problem..I carry the E-60 in a good padded bag..and the G70 in a heavy case with wheels..that adds another 25 pounds...that is now 42 pounds more...without stuffing the case pockets with mics etc..

Decisions..decisions..decisions...

Most likely after this month..the E-60 will go into the studio...and then again maybe not..

I will spend more time adjusting to the E-60..since it's similarities to the G70 are close...

Thanks for listening..I feel better.. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]

#242426 - 09/11/08 12:56 PM Re: Gigged with the Roland E-60...again!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Fran..., I'll get this out now incase you feel that itch coming again DO NOT SELL YOUR E-60! KEEP IT REGARDLESS OF HOW ITCHY IT GETS Cleary she's a baby G-70..., so how wrong could that be
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242427 - 09/11/08 05:46 PM Re: Gigged with the Roland E-60...again!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Fran..., I'll get this out now incase you feel that itch coming again DO NOT SELL YOUR E-60! KEEP IT REGARDLESS OF HOW ITCHY IT GETS Cleary she's a baby G-70..., so how wrong could that be

Squeak, I think it is a safe bet..I won't sell this E-60..at least for a long period of time.. ...unless.... someone offers me $1,300 again..

#242428 - 09/11/08 05:55 PM Re: Gigged with the Roland E-60...again!!!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Fran,
I could have told you all of that. The E60 is definitely a great board for those who don't have a G70.

And BTW, if SOMEONE would have offered me $1300 for mine, he would have had an E60 long ago. But now I'm keeping mine, at least until a G70 falls off the truck as it passes my house OR if the E60 miraculously transmogrifies into an RA800 and a Juno Stage 76.

KEEP THE e60, FRAN !!!

#242429 - 09/11/08 07:01 PM Re: Gigged with the Roland E-60...again!!!
cassp Offline

BTW, anyone have an RA-800 they want to sell?

cassp50@gmail.com

#242430 - 09/11/08 08:04 PM Re: Gigged with the Roland E-60...again!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Cass I didn't know you still wanted a RA800..I just sold one last week for $350..

#242431 - 09/11/08 08:05 PM Re: Gigged with the Roland E-60...again!!!
Fran Carango Offline

just kidding..

#242432 - 09/12/08 12:48 PM Re: Gigged with the Roland E-60...again!!!
cassp Offline

Ouch! You really know how to hurt a guy...

Heck, for $350 I'd come pick it up.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online