SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#242389 - 08/17/09 09:46 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
when developed/edited the song under qranger, then is missing only to add the all markers patterns and you can play the songs like one styles. http://www.lionstracs.com/flash/audiodemo.html

I will try to edit the Sbaglio GIGA with the all markers and then I shown you how can be played as a style. ( 300Mb of Real Guitars GIGA)

#242390 - 08/17/09 02:15 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
miden Offline

Loc: The World
This demo is of a midi file, it is NOT the arranger section of the MS played AS an arranger. The arranger section of the MS will not sound that good.

For a start Q-Tractor (what Q-Ranger uses) does NOT recognise VST's. I would suspect the OP actually used Ardour or similar.

You need to first create a faux patch list and re-assign patch mappings and then some other trickery to fool Q-Tractor into loading a VST. IE you have to trick it into thinking it is a Giga patch.

Using the PA series (1 or 2) and using an external module (Motif XS) I could within about 15 minutes have styles playing all the sounds of the rack. I can mix and match between the rack and the Korg for live sounds, etc etc etc.

On the PA I could write a style within about an hour. It would be very basic, but at least I would not have to go re-mapping patches and writing new patch maps JUST so I could add one VST sound to the style.

This demo is exactly what I can do on my PC, using VST's and loops within Sonar. It's nothing new. If that was what I bought the MS for I would still have it.

And being a PA2x owner (and a PA1x owner) from an arranger viewpoint the MS is way WAY behind. It does not even use proper MIDI protocols, rather it uses TCP. (Transfer Control Protocols).

But then you have to wait for the manufacturer to re-map all those TCP data so you can even use a basic midi pedal!!!

I repeat other comments that as an arranger you NEED it to be able to play on-bass, slash chord types (for those who still do not know EG Bb/F E/G# F/C) where the bass DIFFERS from the actual chord. The MS cannot do them, you cannot even program them in the so called style editor.

You cannot use the arranger over the full keyboard. It only works in split mode.

The MS is NOT an arranger and please do not try to talk about something you nothing about, but feel you have to champion the MS cause like some mis-understanding Don Quixote.

If it were not so heavy and cumbersome and expensive (talking our money here NOT Euros), I MIGHT have kept it JUST to play VST's and as a sort of controller keyboard.

But with other MAJOR operational facets either not working, not working as advertised or causing the OS to crash, it was not worth any further grief.

Some of you people make me laugh. You have not so much as touched a MS, but here you all are saying how wonderful it is, how great it is, it is such a good and great arranger.

All I say is go an buy one, try to figure out even how to START using it (there is no serious manual apart from what the buttons are, and even then some of those do not work anymore because the OS has changed so much) and then try to program.

THEN come back here and extol the virtues of the MS as an arranger. I think the cobwebs will well and truly have grown large by that time.

Luckily I have a pretty logical mind, so with what scant information there was, trial and error, and the on/off switch I figured it out. And help from Magica.

Dennis

#242391 - 08/17/09 02:52 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi Dennis
Just to quote some your points:
Quote:
This demo is of a midi file, it is NOT the arranger section of the MS played AS an arranger. The arranger section of the MS will not sound that good.

Wrong! I can load the same midifile on qranger and play it to the same sounds engine and MUCH more, + save it as Style song, ready to play under the patch.

Quote:
For a start Q-Tractor (what Q-Ranger uses) does NOT recognise VST's. I would suspect the OP actually used Ardour or similar.

wrong again. Qtractor is able to load embedded VST too, is only on Qranger that we have removed this feature because on Live stage we will NOT open the all VST GUI, all must be running on background. Ardour on MS is not compiled with Midi, all the sequece are made by Qranger. The main problem is that you still not have understand how to use the Qranger, simple.

Quote:
Using the PA series (1 or 2) and using an external module (Motif XS) I could within about 15 minutes have styles playing all the sounds of the rack. I can mix and match between the rack and the Korg for live sounds, etc etc etc.

On the PA I could write a style within about an hour. It would be very basic, but at least I would not have to go re-mapping patches and writing new patch maps JUST so I could add one VST sound to the style.

On Qranger can be made in less 1 minute: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/QrangerEMCmulti.wmv

Quote:
This demo is exactly what I can do on my PC, using VST's and loops within Sonar. It's nothing new. If that was what I bought the MS for I would still have it.

same as before, the problem was that you are not able to editing on qranger..of course we know about the small display 800x600... soon now give the multiple VGA.

Quote:
And being a PA2x owner (and a PA1x owner) from an arranger viewpoint the MS is way WAY behind. It does not even use proper MIDI protocols, rather it uses TCP. (Transfer Control Protocols).

But then you have to wait for the manufacturer to re-map all those TCP data so you can even use a basic midi pedal!!!

For this feature we have to hardcode the Qranger for integrate your Bheringer midi pedal, for only 1 user I wil not make. Let me see if your midi pedal is working for the all other keyboards too and then I map too.

Quote:
I repeat other comments that as an arranger you NEED it to be able to play on-bass, slash chord types (for those who still do not know EG Bb/F E/G# F/C) where the bass DIFFERS from the actual chord. The MS cannot do them, you cannot even program them in the so called style editor.

And this can be never working because the qranger is a Timeline SEQ and NOT a RAM based system

Quote:
You cannot use the arranger over the full keyboard. It only works in split mode.

Wrong! On Main style GUI, press F4 "LEFT" and then move the splitpoint to Hig notes like C8. You still not have found this OLD feature.

Quote:
The MS is NOT an arranger and please do not try to talk about something you nothing about, but feel you have to champion the MS cause like some mis-understanding Don Quixote.

On MS you can use the Qranger LIKE as one arranger OR you still have the possibility to use the Livestyler module integrated...or is NOT one arranger?

Quote:
If it were not so heavy and cumbersome and expensive (talking our money here NOT Euros), I MIGHT have kept it JUST to play VST's and as a sort of controller keyboard.

For that now I have developed the GROOVE X6 and GROOVE DJ..

Quote:
ABut with other MAJOR operational facets either not working, not working as advertised or causing the OS to crash, it was not worth any further grief.

With the last OS 3.2 with the fixed kernel, the OS is nice and you know that. This bug OS is not caused from the MS OS but from the 64studio.com developers. Do you have forget what you have asked to Daniel at 64studio.com?
"> I am aware and will accept any
> risks involved in loading new software.

Good :-) It shouldn't be too dangerous, but you can always do a clean reinstall of the distro if things go pear-shaped. Cheers Daniel!"

better that I not continue now....is enough..

#242392 - 08/17/09 03:08 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
miden Offline

You see Dom YOU don't understand. You have no idea what I am talking about when using the arranger in full keyboard mode DO YOU!!!

It means you can still play melody notes over the arranger section.

I KNOW the split can be reset...uh DUH!!

You refuse to see all the shortcomings..and if you keep posting excerpts from conversations I have had with others, I will start to post a few of yours..

You know, the ones where you guaranteed all the systems on the MS worked!!! Under our laws I could instigate legal proceedings for false advertising.

Or the ones where YOU berated other MS users...including some members here.

Or perhaps Yamaha would be interested to know you are using pirated Yamaha software?

Or Native Instruments perhaps, or others.

Instead of trying to belittle people (and even then with information that is untrue) you would be far better served in diverting that time into actually fixing your keyboard.

You know, the sections YOU guaranteed to work, the sections YOU advertised were fully operational.

So be careful what road you choose!

#242393 - 08/17/09 03:37 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:

It's STILL a midi file. You are agreeing with me. And no it is no where as simple as you keep trying to make out. If it were why not write a proper manual

Well then if you want serious users to use it...make sure it DOES work.

That video takes more than a minute

I COULD edit on Qranger and Qtractor, there you go again making assumptions that are incorrect. Have a go at PRo-Tools.THEN you will see what a difficult DAW is.
Qranger and Qtractor are easy to use. That they do not work correctlyis the issue

For this feature we have to hardcode the Qranger for integrate your Bheringer midi pedal, for only 1 user I wil not make. Let me see if your midi pedal is working for the all other keyboards too and then I map too.

I can get the Behringer pedal to work withe ANY other keyboard, and have done so even to the programming of SYSEX protocols.

If the MS saw sysex it would fall over and have a fit.

I already answered this, but again YOU have no idea what I am talking about.

And NO response to the slash chords??? I suspect you don't have a clue about them either

Its not meant to be a full arranger. You yourself said it so many times, not in the same words, but the same meaning.

Quote:
ABut with other MAJOR operational facets either not working, not working as advertised or causing the OS to crash, it was not worth any further grief.

Again you do note get it. These you said BEFORE I bought the MS were working. Your website advertised this too. I think you are deliberately being obtuse on this point.

Good :-) It shouldn't be too dangerous, but you can always do a clean reinstall of the distro if things go pear-shaped. Cheers Daniel!"
better that I not continue now....is enough..

Yes you should stop, as the conversation with Daniel was private, and in any case I did not proceed as it was then I decided the MS was crap and to move on.

#242394 - 08/17/09 03:52 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
miden Offline

The overall reason for me giving up the MS was not about the keyboard, well it was, but not all.

It was the betrayal of trust from you Dom.

I TRUSTED what you said about the MS, I trusted you were going to fix things. I believed that these issues you were taking seriously.

But you did not.

You kept adding more and more toys. And for each new toy meant the fixes to the REAL problems on the MS were just that much further away.

And I am really tired of the constant BS that it is always someone else's problem. It is NEVER to do with you.

Well it IS your problem and it IS 100% to do with you.

You design it, you market it, you SHOULD support it.

Whether that costs you money or not.

You had all these functions working, but you arbitrarily chose to fully change the motherboards and operating systems so therefore it was YOUR responsibility to make these work on the news systems. IMMEDIATELY, not wait for some Linux developers to do it for you.

Dual screen operation is NOT an issue with any other Linux system apart from Kubuntu. Performance mode worked on earlier systems?
Surely you researched all of these things BEFORE changing the hardware?

No, YOU wanted new toys and gadgets on it, so at the expense of users you charged ahead without any thought for users.

I am NOT the only one with this thought. There are others, who I will not name, and they may not even tell you, but they think it.

All anyone gets from you is either a) it is all perfect and anything that is not is the users fault or b) you cannot afford to fix
just keep waiting.

Well not all of us are richboys who can just muck around with a keyboard whenever it suits them. We need them for our work as well as pleasure. We do not have the luxury of having "gun" Linux programmers at our beck and call.

If you produced just produced one full and complete manual that would be a major step forward.

In the end Dom you again do not get me. I have NEVER said overall the MS is crap.

JUST the arranger part. The rest is okay.

#242395 - 08/17/09 04:00 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland

#242396 - 08/17/09 05:19 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
miden Offline

Sorry James, I don't get that one, what does it mean?

#242397 - 08/17/09 05:37 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
It means I'm shocked and I can't believe my eyes after reading the content of the thread, but really I guess I'm not shocked at all truth be told. I've voiced my opinion on the mediastaton for long enough so I guess the Emotion I should have used was one to show that I'm disappointed.

Disappointed to know that you had to go through all that crap.

Regards
James.

#242398 - 08/17/09 05:58 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
miden Offline

Cool, I get it now Thanks James, for both the explanation and the empathy.

Dennis

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online