SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#242379 - 09/14/08 11:31 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
The misty demo:
what is a Qstyle? Is this supposed to be using a style then? Because if it is, I'd sure like to know how it does voice leading in the bass and such. Also, it is a very loose style if it is a style.

Sound: Why with a keyboard of this magnitude would we still be hearing mono sampled pianos, mono sampled strings, and mono sampled drums? These are all supposed to be giga sounds?

#242380 - 09/14/08 01:29 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Sound: Why with a keyboard of this magnitude would we still be hearing mono sampled pianos, mono sampled strings, and mono sampled drums? These are all supposed to be giga sounds?

Good point Rory. What exactly are you recording this music into Dom? In other words, did you record it through a computer sound card into software like Sound Forge, etc? Or did you record this just using a single mono output on the MS into possibly a portable recording device?

Or are all these sampled instruments sampled in Mono only?

Thanks Dom..

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-14-2008).]

#242381 - 09/14/08 02:51 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What's more important is to listen PAST the playing, and try to concentrate on that style. Does ANYONE here think that it swings? Would anyone here use that style if it was in their arranger? I certainly wouldn't.

And Genesys, you definitely have a point. Who, in their right minds, that would buy an arranger would buy an MS..? It isn't an arranger. It is a WS with arranger features, but little in the way of content or sounds even compared to a Big 3 WS, either. And, (once again bringing up the point) although you COULD make unbelievably good music on it, where are these recordings? Who actually HAS?

You can listen to the radio every day and hear MotifXS patches, FantomG patches, Oasys patches, M3 patches. And you know that these patches ARE Big 3 patches, because a) you heard some of them on the factory demos, and b) you heard them from being able to play the darn things in the local store.

It's all well and good to say you COULD make great music on an MS, but without proof and example, it's all theoretical. I could tell you all that if I go outside the house, and stick my arms up in the air, I will take off like Superman! And as long as no-one asks to actually SEE me do it, why shouldn't it be true?

Because you are all not fools, that's why!

Dom has come to a forum of hardcore arranger users. And claimed the MS can fly like Superman (in effect). But so far, little in the way of any proof. Maybe if Superman picked it up and flew, that's about the only way it can...

It sure seems to need a Superman of a keyboard player/programmer to do so, and they sure don't seem to have been the guys actually buying the MS...

And lastly, one has to worry about the health of a company that is SO strapped for cash-flow that they can't even spare ONE unit to be loaned out to a first-call demo maker (like those on the Yamaha demos). If you are running that close to margin, it doesn't take much to go under. I understand his clients may be clamoring for orders to be filled (although why he is almost giving some of those X76's away doesn't seem to bear out the 'I can't spare one for a good demo-er' bull), but he'd have a LOT more orders to fill if he spared one from the line to make the demos that might actually prove the product's worth.

I hope that things ARE going well for Dom. The more competition, the better. But a lot of things leave you scratching your head and going 'WTF is he thinking?'

#242382 - 09/14/08 03:32 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Good point Rory. What exactly are you recording this music into Dom? In other words, did you record it through a computer sound card into software like Sound Forge, etc? Or did you record this just using a single mono output on the MS into possibly a portable recording device?

Or are all these sampled instruments sampled in Mono only?

Thanks Dom..

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-14-2008).]

sorry
I have exported the wav file un mono mp3...
I have used VHWave edit for record in realtime the master out but then I had forget to give the all export parameter setups: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/qrangerpic/waveedit1.jpg

I will remake and upload again
sorry

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 09-14-2008).]

#242383 - 09/14/08 04:37 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
to the genesys Offline

Yes I agree that in some respect you must get pass the playing to evaluate the sounds and styles.
But the player has a great part in helping the listener appreciate the sounds and styles.
If you had someone play a T2 SA voice but did not know how to play and use techniques that would exploit the SA technology, the sound would sound like an average voice.

If the player does not have good coordination between left hand and right hand and chooses the correct playing technique for a particular style, it will give the listener a negative experience with the style.

Take Diki’s demo of the G70 for example. Although the choice of style was random and no preparation was made before playing, as a skill and talented musician, he knew what was appropriate to do on that style.

He knew when to play busy and when to play sparsely so that the style would be appreciated.
I am quite confident, someone else could have done the same thing as Diki did on the G70, and not do a good job of it.

And yes the mediastation is an arranger in the same way the T2 and G70 is. It is just that the mediastation is geared to a different arranger market.

#242384 - 08/17/09 03:19 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I had to bring this up, sorry but this is what i call PLAIN BS!!! I agree with DIKI 101%.
This has nothing to do with MS, it is all Loops and in sequenecer, this has nothing
to do with an arranger either, stop being ladies and worry about each other feelings
but lets be real. We are talking about an arranger in here...want me to kill all of your
synths in 15 seconds demo??? Yes, i will use my 30 000$ ProTools system, hire
few guitarsts and a drummer and thats it...can everyone do that? NO!!! He took loops
and arranger them in Kontakt and then in Sequenecer and thats what you call an MS
demo? How the FLOCK in the world would you call this an arranger demo when the
Develloper itself confirms this is NOT MS!!! Listen to the demo again, no arranger can
do that, it has 20 variations and fills, it is clear sequenecer work...stop with this MS
shit already, either OPEN it up or hide it underground.

#242385 - 08/17/09 03:55 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
Impuls Online   content

Loc: Netherlands
I seen a lot of discussion's about this MS station,But it will never beat a T3 or PA2 on this moment.First, never heard and seen a decent demo on You-tube or anywhere else.
second ,a horrible website with too much technical specs and screenshots but nowhere a good sound recording.
Al we like too hear is a live recording using the MS as a arranger keyboard,if you or the MS can't do this it is a lost case on this forum.
It is a VST player and Not a Arranger keyboard.
And give a good demo with a Good keyboardplayer ,that wil help ,i think.

Impuls
Netherland's(Country of the best arranger players in the world! ) :-)

#242386 - 08/17/09 05:40 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
I had to bring this up, sorry but this is what i call PLAIN BS!!! I agree with DIKI 101%.
This has nothing to do with MS, it is all Loops and in sequenecer, this has nothing
to do with an arranger either, stop being ladies and worry about each other feelings
but lets be real. We are talking about an arranger in here...want me to kill all of your
synths in 15 seconds demo??? Yes, i will use my 30 000$ ProTools system, hire
few guitarsts and a drummer and thats it...can everyone do that? NO!!! He took loops
and arranger them in Kontakt and then in Sequenecer and thats what you call an MS
demo? How the FLOCK in the world would you call this an arranger demo when the
Develloper itself confirms this is NOT MS!!! Listen to the demo again, no arranger can
do that, it has 20 variations and fills, it is clear sequenecer work...stop with this MS
shit already, either OPEN it up or hide it underground.

Excuse me?
You ask for a Demo and you got one.
It is not an arranger mode demo but it is a demo that shows what you can do on the MS.

The MS is not just an arranger. Remember that the MS can load DAW software programs, samples and loops on it.

And, Yamaha, Roland and Korg all have sequenced demos to showcase their arrangers.

This demo of the MS really shows who understands the concept of the MS and who does not. The MS is not about onboard sounds or styles but what the user does with it.
This user chose to use loops, external sounds and other production tools on the MS. Because it sounds good, the only thing the detractors can say is that it was not done in arranger mode.

#242387 - 08/17/09 08:53 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
AFG Music Offline

quote:
Posted by Nedim :"Listen to the demo again, no arranger can
shit already, either OPEN it up or hide it underground."

Nedim on MS you have 8intros-8varaition-8Fill in-8endings and on every pattern you can program 36 chords.

this is not posible with big 3.remember i am a roland fan like diki to i used roland Va-76 before but i like korg arrangers to, i like MS becouse it is unlimited for style creators.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 08-17-2009).]

#242388 - 08/17/09 09:32 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
[B]The MS is not just an arranger. Remember that the MS can load DAW software programs, samples and loops on it.

Completely right and i completely agree with you but there is a BUT:
Stop deffending it as an Arranger, which it can do a job as the big 3, deffended as a
Workstation or what it is, get my point now?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online