SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#242349 - 09/11/08 04:23 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I wasn't sure what Lionstracs Italy was so I took a peek at there website. For me it looks like a very complicated keyboard, but it sounds very good. I listened to some of the demos and I actually found some of the Ketron Intros, and the couple of the saxs are named the same as the Ketron. Did these guys copy Ketron Italy. IMO, I would still take a Ketron over this keyboard, looks very confusing.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 09-11-2008).]

#242350 - 09/11/08 04:27 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
pardon me for asking the question, but which part of this demo is the MS. The drums are not any kind of arranger pattern that i can recognise, the bass is not an arranger loop pattern.

Just before everyone starts getting silly over the MS let me explain that nothing that i hear in his demo was from any arranger . Its clearly a very good sequenced track and very likely a real drummer has been used . Certainly the drumming was not programmed by hand like you would ceate a pattern on an arranger. What this demo proves is that you can use the MS like a straight synth workstation.

Those drums don't sound like a live drummer that was recorded but it is possible. To me it sounds like just some great programming from a very good keyboard player. It's very possible that the person who made the demo did a custom style as well (something others here can't seem to grasp). Why is it when someone does post a decent demo on the Mediastation everyone comes forward saying it requires thousands of dollars in additional VST's or that the parts were real players and not actually played from the Mediastation? Let me reiterate this again folks... the Mediastation has some great factory sounds and just because other demo's you've heard weren't consistent with this new demo, don't be fooled into thinking the Mediastation isn't a TOTL instrument. The Mediastations capabilities are far more vast than people here give it credit for.

#242351 - 09/11/08 10:52 PM Re: Lionstracs demo
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
No ensnare you, please dont misunderstand me. I liked the demo, but i program music on my keyboard all the time. Those drums were not programmed on the keyboard. I have been programming drums for a long time as i use nothing else than my keyboard , no external tools at all. That base pattern does not loop. listen to the demo again. If those drums come shipped with the MS then dom needs to do all his demo's again using those drms and not the ones he currently has used.

I am not knocking the MS as a workstation and if you check my posts you will see that has never been my issue. My isue has always been that the MS has been marketed as the mother of all arangers. It simply isnt. this demo does not convince me that this was any arranger style either on the MS or actually programmed on the MS or is in fact any arranger style at all. If i am the only one that thinks this then i am astonished...

#242352 - 09/12/08 12:20 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I have contacted this guy from Israel and I get this reply:

Ciao
I install the kontakt vsti on MS and I open it in the vst host.
all my own loops and the sound that you herd in the demos are from the kontakt..
thanks
versano

For me seem also programmed under one Seq and then added the Voice tracks.

I don't know if have used http://ardour.org/ or the Qranger under SEQ mode.

the problem under the MS is that are installed a lot of music tools and I really don't know what my clients prefert to use.
The MS can be used for Live gig's and also for home DAW recording studio.

I will indagate more about this posted demo too.

#242353 - 09/12/08 12:59 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
so it wasnt arranger play ......They were not MS sounds

[This message has been edited by Spalding 4 (edited 09-12-2008).]

#242354 - 09/12/08 01:24 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4:

[This message has been edited by Spalding 4 (edited 09-12-2008).]

yes and??
Is the MS fault if someone choose to use the kontakt sounds instead of the 34Gb FREE giga library installed?
If they also choose to play the sequence/styles with the Qranger, or Ardur or Rosengaden or Muse...

Important for me that this all sounds come OUT from the Ms audio outputs and not from some external device.
Free included MS sounds or commercial sounds I don't care at all, the MS will play it and the sounds are processed from the MS!

I can say the same: the Big pipe wave sound loaded in the T2/PA ( not available from factory)they were NOT from the T2/PA!

So..where is the diference?? You can maybe download all of this embedded sounds somewhere for Free?? For sure not from one commercial web site...
Or maybe...if you will load on your embeded keyboards this all new sounds it mean that the onboard ROM sounds are so bad??
IF not, then i suggest to remove the all sampler engine from this keyboard because the sounds inclueded are enough and Top class forever.
Ask to the all others brands to remove the sampler..you don't need at all..

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 09-12-2008).]

#242355 - 09/12/08 01:27 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
No ensnare you, please dont misunderstand me. I liked the demo, but i program music on my keyboard all the time. Those drums were not programmed on the keyboard. I have been programming drums for a long time as i use nothing else than my keyboard , no external tools at all. That base pattern does not loop. listen to the demo again. If those drums come shipped with the MS then dom needs to do all his demo's again using those drms and not the ones he currently has used.

I am not knocking the MS as a workstation and if you check my posts you will see that has never been my issue. My isue has always been that the MS has been marketed as the mother of all arangers. It simply isnt. this demo does not convince me that this was any arranger style either on the MS or actually programmed on the MS or is in fact any arranger style at all. If i am the only one that thinks this then i am astonished...

Spalding, for that matter, I don't use a single style that came with my Tyros 2 or Pa2x. Every style I use is preprogrammed using live electric drums, and it does not sound looped.

#242356 - 09/12/08 01:29 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4:

They were sounds played on the Mediastation, its not like the sounds produced and played themselves. We don't know yet if the backing was a custom style the user created or if they were sequences done on the MS. Either way the sounds, drums, and files were played on the Mediastation.

Would you question the Tyros 3 if I sequenced music on it and used some custom samples or custom voices I created myself on the Tyros 3? I'll bet you wouldn't. The advantage the Mediastation has is the ability to utilize so many different sound sources that most arrangers lack. Why knock that technology rather than embrace it?

#242357 - 09/12/08 02:26 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'd question it if the T3 COULDN'T sound good UNTIL you had loaded up those fancy VSTi's....

That's the difference, IMO.

None of the OOTB demos make me sit up (so much for 34GB!). If the T3 sucked until YOU did all the hard work, just how many do you think they would sell?

That's right... about as many as the MS.

#242358 - 09/12/08 03:09 AM Re: Lionstracs demo
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'd question it if the T3 COULDN'T sound good UNTIL you had loaded up those fancy VSTi's....

That's the difference, IMO.

None of the OOTB demos make me sit up (so much for 34GB!). If the T3 sucked until YOU did all the hard work, just how many do you think they would sell?

That's right... about as many as the MS.

for sure they will sell a LOT!
and when you there are then bored to use always the same new 9 SA2 sounds, they come out with the new T4..10 new sounds again and you have to spend another 4000 $ for replace the new hardware,simple.
For sure this is the best way for make milions $ and offer you there the same candy in another new case.

I prefer then to buy and hold one G-70, just ROM sounds and midi based system. Do not have to fight to request new features because the hardware is limited to this specific use only.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online