SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#242336 - 09/11/08 01:23 PM Re: Too many great toys....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Squeak, the E series is designed to use a MFX with each instrument sound..thus the enhancer is an easy fix without destroying the tone..

#242337 - 09/11/08 01:33 PM Re: Too many great toys....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Really..., maybe I'm just old school I guess. I always learned to edit your sounds dry and not to start off with MFX as sometimes your sound can get lost in it...

I'm under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong), but an acoustic sample that requires the MFX to make it sound better often translates to a weak raw sample. I'm not saying this is the case with the E series as the soundset I'm sure is of good quality..., that's why I said that I felt relying on the MFX to fix it.., could be going in the wrong direction and being more of a band-aid fix to the problem.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242338 - 09/12/08 01:46 AM Re: Too many great toys....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For me, I'm sorry, but I don't believe the solution to the problem is to try to edit the Roland piano to be as bright and as brittle as you would like it to be. I really believe the answer is to adjust your ears away from the hype they've been subjected to, and learn to accept the piano sound as a more realistic impression of the real thing, than an EQ'd and compressed up facsimile...

The more you listen BACK to recordings you've made (rather than worrying about whether it'll 'cut' like you are used to while you are actually playing), the more you'll come to realize that the unhyped sound of the Roland piano is what sits in a mix perfectly, without jumping out.

For us, playing live, it's harder to appreciate when we are used to cutting through the densest mixes, but personally, I'd rather miss out on the 'EZ hearing' part live, than have a too brittle sound on playback (which is, after all, what the audience is REALLY hearing).

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-12-2008).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online