Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#242180 - 09/10/08 11:51 AM Re: First sound samples of T#
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I can't believe you have the gall to come onto this forum, and continue to act as if you had anything to offer that remotely matched any of the Big 3's sonic offerings. Let's spell it out for you one more time. If YOU can't make your own arranger sound remotely as impressive as the competition, what's the point?

Oh yeah, that's right. WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU, aren't we? In OUR hands, it will cease to sound like a Casio (nice to see you acknowledging your REAL competition ) and will finally sound better than the T3, as per your promise.

You know what else we are better at, too?

Detecting bullshit.

Diki,

It's only bullshit if what Dom were saying wasn't true. Of course you've never played a Mediastation so you're presuming it sounds like a Casio and doesn't have the features other arranger/workstations do and you'd be dead wrong.

You bash Domenic for voicing his opinions and yet you're talking out of your derriere by stating things about keyboards you've never even played in person. Sure Domenic needs to get some decent demos of the Mediastation but just because he doesn't have them up doesn't mean the Mediastation sounds like a Casio. You also say the Wersi is crap and yet you've never played one of those in person either. I think you should just refrain from commenting if you don't have first hand knowledge about the product. Conjecture doesn't suit you well.

#242181 - 09/10/08 12:02 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
When someone want to compare T3 performances
with an unfinished product, that cannot have a decent webpage with decent demos, that person toughs that all of us are idiots.
I think that this forum is not the adequate place to intend sell products.
Each new topic about some news the same bla bla bla........
It's boring.

#242182 - 09/10/08 12:13 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
Ensnareyou Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:
For what purpose do keyboard PLAYERS need an MP3 player?

Why should one want to load huge samples?

You also persist in telling MS is far superiour and is able to do the same and 'better'. In fact MS is an average PC that ages even faster than keyboards hardware/software.

MP3 players in a keyboard serve many functions. You can use MP3's as backing tracks, use them for a sound set when you take a break during a live performance, and even use them to save rough mixes of songs you are working on then take them with you on your iPod.

Why would anyone want to load huge samples? Realism that's why! If you think the Tyros 3 sounds are realistic then listen to any demo from Kontakt, Giga, Halion, or Miroslav and see just how unrealistic those Tyros 3 sounds are in comparison. Also, on systems like the Mediastation and Wersi you don't actually load the samples each time you play them, the sounds stream from disk so its not unlike selecting a sound on your Tyros.

The Mediastation is far from just an average PC nor does it age quicker than embedded systems like the Tyros 3. When new technology comes out you simply upgrade the hardware on the Mediastation and you are current with whatever is the pinnacle at that time. The Wersi is very similar. The cost of the upgrade is usually but a fraction of what you spend on a new keyboard. If you bought a Wersi back in 1999 you could still upgrade it today to the current OAS software. Name one Yamaha arranger from 1999 or any other Yamaha arranger that can be updated to the Tyros 3 specifications. I'll bet you can't name a single one.

In the case of the Tyros 2 and upcoming Tyros 3 for example, when new technology comes out you have to dump your existing arranger if you want to keep up with the Jones's because most embedded systems are not upgradeable.

There are great advantages to owning an open ended system and eventually all keyboards manufactured will use open architecture. It won't surprise me if Roland's next TOTL arranger uses and open ended system because Roland is more forward thinking than Yamaha.

[This message has been edited by Ensnareyou (edited 09-10-2008).]

#242183 - 09/10/08 12:24 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'm tellin ya Dom..., throw a MS my way (even as a loaner), and I'd be happy to do some sound demos for ya. All people really want to hear are the sounds and styles... From what I can tell..., many just want to hear the styles (without soloing).

Just play some sounds and record them..., play some styles and record those too. All the work can be done on the MS itself (it is indeed IMO a recording powerhouse compared to the top 3).

Ensnareyou..., why not post some sound demos with your MS. Sound of just the MS alone. I agree with you that the MS is a very underestimated board on this forum, but with many members here...., well talk is just that .., simply talk! People want to hear it. I have no doubt in the MS's abilities, but if you have one perhaps you can put some of this to rest for other members.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242184 - 09/10/08 01:28 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Again : Show a decent demo!

EVERY PC can run virtual (Native)Instruments,
EVERY PC is able to run MP3-players,
EVERY PC can playback (huge) samples,
so there is nothing revolutionary/'special' to an MS at all..... oh yes there is : awful user interface.

Especially the attitude of this guy makes me to never purchase something of his company. (sure, now Dom will start telling about 'his' products in the past)

Dom your posts/replies will be ignored by me, so please don't bother.

#242185 - 09/10/08 02:02 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Ian said "PS...the CS80 (had one...also had a Jupiter 8) is not an arranger...and neither is the poky old Fairlight.

Gee...you gotta update your gear...must be hard times?

PSS...I haven't heard anything from Wersi or Lointracs that impressed me...at least from the lackluster demos....hardly ear-inspiring...may as well be listening to a Casio (my apologies to Casio)."

Ian ..

As an employee of Yamaha, you should really be more professional about your biased comments.

Show some class....

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 09-10-2008).]

#242186 - 09/10/08 02:11 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
Ensnareyou Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:
EVERY PC can run virtual (Native)Instruments,
EVERY PC is able to run MP3-players,
EVERY PC can playback (huge) samples,
so there is nothing revolutionary/'special' to an MS at all..... oh yes there is : awful user interface.

Since you're making such bold statements perhaps you'd like to enlighten me as to how the Mediastations Interface is "awful". Obviously you must have played and used the Mediastation in person to conclude that. Or are you one of those people who don't actually have to play or see the instrument in person to conclude its crap?

Also, I'm curious to know which PC can run all the applications that say Wersi or Lionstracs can and offer a similar type of interface and portability that's also stable?

Who wants to lug around a PC, 76 or 88 note controller keyboard, mixer, monitor, and GUI module when companies like Wersi and Lionstracs already make workstations that have all those same features and are stable?

#242187 - 09/10/08 02:15 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Ian said "PSS...I haven't heard anything from Wersi or Lointracs that impressed me...at least from the lackluster demos....hardly ear-inspiring...may as well be listening to a Casio (my apologies to Casio)."

Ian ..

As an employee of Yamaha, you should really be more professional about your biased comments.

Show some class....

Sorry my "class" doesn't meet your standards, Dan, but, then again, yours doesn't meet mine...guess we'll have to live with that fact.

I tell it like it is, as you do...if you think the demos by Wersi and Lointracs are wonderful, then you have more than a "class" issue.

If you are busy looking after your own methods of evaluation of Lointracs/Wersi, then you shouldn't have time to critize mine.

Ian

#242188 - 09/10/08 02:23 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
It's only bullshit if what Dom were saying wasn't true. Of course you've never played a Mediastation so you're presuming it sounds like a Casio and doesn't have the features other arranger/workstations do and you'd be dead wrong.

When I HEAR crap, that's what I call it... (you know, those flappy things on the side of your head you have decided to ignore, most of us still USE them!). I don't need to presume. I HAVE heard the MS. So have all of us here. It sounds terrible (unless you load it up with a fortune in VSTi's, and do your own style development, which, from what we can tell, no-one has yet done).

Prove otherwise, or get off the thread. I am tired to my bones of all you fanboys utterly incapable of providing one lick of truth to your rhetoric. I know that once you have been suckered into paying these vastly inflated prices, you go into a state of denial about how badly you have been conned. But the rest of us still live in the real world.

You know, the one where, if something IS good, it SOUNDS good on a demo.

Either make some good music on it, or shut up. Nobody with a T2 or G70 or PA2Xpro is ashamed to post their work. Why are ALL the MS owners so shy?

Because, in their heart of hearts, they know they've been conned, too...

#242189 - 09/10/08 02:36 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I am not judging the keyboards. I am judging how you carry your responsiblity as a Yamaha employee.

It shows no class to critize a competitors product.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online