SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#241879 - 09/04/08 09:44 PM T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
Dnj Offline

This is a concern for T2 owners who might upgrade......is it worth it? would it be a seamless transition? or a Nightmare?

#241880 - 09/04/08 09:59 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
This is a concern for T2 owners who might upgrade......is it worth it? would it be a seamless transition? or a Nightmare?

They haven't changed a thing on the T3, so I would assume it would be as seamless as can be.

#241881 - 09/05/08 12:39 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
I think most T-2 owners who upgrade to the T-3 , will be ok for the most part.

I mean everything is there on the T-3 that was on the T-2 , it`s just that there seems to be more.

And if they have a HD full of "stuff" , most will just replace there HD they had in there T-2 , same interface IED/ATA.

#241882 - 09/05/08 12:48 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
Dnj Offline

Jedi...Im not too sure about that. There are differences in styles, sounds, efx, etc etc .....which could complicate an easy transformation between the two.

#241883 - 09/05/08 12:54 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Yes , but wouldn`t they be compatible ?

True you might have to tweak them a little to fit.

I don`t really know that much about styles , but the voices should be a-ok.

Like if you "made" a voice on your T-2 , I`m sure you could play that custom voice on the T-3 , not not the other way around.

#241884 - 09/05/08 02:21 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
Yes , but wouldn`t they be compatible ?

My sources say there WILL be "HOMEWORK" to do for sure

#241885 - 09/05/08 02:42 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
jwyvern Offline

The manual says the older styles will play on the Ty3 but that if you save them in, or copy/paste them within Ty3 they are converted to the Ty3 format.
When Ty2 came out the custom voices were a different format from those produced on Ty1 and conversion software was supplied (no hassle to use).
It's not clear whether Ty3 uses yet another format, but if it does we can IMO expect the CV's to be compatible via conversion if necessary.
John

#241886 - 09/05/08 06:35 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
All of the prior styles will play just fine on the T3. There will be some T3 styles, and obviously, voices that will not play on the older keyboards.

Registrations should not be a problem, and I suspect that Michael Bedesem's latest version of Regfix will likely be addressing the T3 when it becomes available in the states.

Same holds true with midi files, which Michael's MIDI Player program does an outstanding job of batch converting.

There may be a minor tweek that would be applicable to some styles, but overall, the work will be minimal at best. It's not as if you are changing brands or making major changes in operating systems. Kinda' like upgrading your computer from Windows XP Home to XP Pro--not a big deal. For techie types such as myself, I enjoy the challenge and consider this type of task as fun--not work.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#241887 - 09/05/08 06:36 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
George Gevo Offline

Loc: N.Hollywood CA
I will.. Becouse i know Yamaha will also provide converter.. Plus for me worth the trouble some new sound's spacialy new turkish drum kit, new controler usb2 and i belive that sound card will be much better.. becouse i work with lot's of samples... Good luck to all..

George

#241888 - 09/07/08 03:49 PM Re: T2 owners, R U willing to give up all the SETUP work & start again on T3?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello,

I'm looking forward to making my favorite midis and styles sound even better on Tyros3. When I got my Tyros2 it didn't take that much to do that with older files I had. Most of it was done onboard live, changing some of the older voices to the newer ones. I had fun and don't consider it a chore at all. I'll also still have my Tyros2 a while nearby. I'll use Tyros2 for all the small holiday partys after Thanksgiving. Tyros3 won't leave the house until necessary!

I do expect a few songs I have to NOT sound better on Tyros3. At least in my mind, some songs just sounded better on your past keyboards no matter what you do to them. My ears have just gotten used to a specific model's playback, and anything else sounds to different. Some of my gig disks I put together for PSR3000 come to mind. When I play them at my parent's house, they inherited it, they just sound better than when I played them on Tyros2. -charley

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online