Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#241604 - 09/02/08 03:17 AM Interesting news about Tyros-3
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Post from Tyros2.net forum

....Yamaha TYROS 3
Preliminary Information
(Email received from a UK dealer, http://www.bonner...3_Keyboard)

Yamaha have not yet officially launched Tyros 3 to the general retail industry. I was privileged to be among the very few chosen to have sneak preview of the prototype Tyros 3 at Frankfurt, which was tucked away in a private room for VIP guests only.

You might be thinking Tyros 3 will be just a re-boxed Tyros 2. You couldn't be more wrong; yet again this is a huge jump forward, more so than when Tyros 1 went to Tyros 2. A Tyros 3 is twice as good as Tyros 2 because they have doubled the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2. Wave memory is what creates the sound and if this is doubled then every sound will sound twice as good. It will have much more depth and realism in sound and now has a more powerful sound engine than a Motif XS Synth. The piano sound now has the same sound as the top of the range Clavinova CLP280.

Martin Harris is Yamaha's chief programmer/ project developer and is responsible for the way Tyros 3 sounds. Martin introduced Tyros 3 to us like a proud father for the first time. With a brief introduction Tyros 3 emerged out of the wall like a new BMW being launched in a cloud of smoke. Never before have I seen a preview with such grandeur! Martin went straight into a medley of tunes showing off Tyros 3 at it best. Working from classical to present day Martin showed how Tyros 3 has grown up and has become suitable for both home market and professionals a like.

Tyros 3 is due to be launched in October 2008.

We will keep you posted with the latest developments between now and the release date

Tyros 3 has been completely re-designed both internally & externally. This is not just a re-boxed Tyros 2!!

Due to be launched in October 2008.

Looks different - buttons laid out in a more logical manner

SOUNDS
Double the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2. This gives it much more depth and realism in sound. It now has a more powerful sound engine than a Motif XS Synth.
New "Live Concert" piano sound (from CLP280) New Super Articulation 2 sounds which are even better than the Super Articulation sounds found in Tyros 2.
Many other sounds have been upgraded and sound more realistic

NEW RHYTMS
100 Completely new styles - covering all genres.
Higher standard of style programming of - they sound more authentic.
More effects can be used in the styles, which adds to the realism.
Original rhythms from Tyros 1 & 2 have been re-voiced to take advantage of the new sounds & effects. They sound completely different.

NEW EFFECTS
New high quality master reverb effect
Better use of DSP, which is easier to assign to the different parts.

New high definition TFT Screen (as found in laptops), can been seen at any angle and less light reflection. Ideal for on stage or outdoors.

Super Articulation has been improved, and is now useable by all players - professional or not!
Super Articulation can be controlled by footswitch or by the two new controller buttons located next to the modulation wheel.
This now gives extra musical ability never seen before on keyboards.
It will give the player; Portamento / Slide, Grace notes, Clicks, Rotary, Vibrato, Growl, Distortion, Clicks, Knocks etc

#241605 - 09/02/08 03:28 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
"A Tyros 3 is twice as good as Tyros 2 because they have doubled the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2. Wave memory is what creates the sound and if this is doubled then every sound will sound twice as good."

I only had to read this to understand that the writer does not know what they are talking about. Double wave memory does not equate to twice as good a sound.

But i will wait and try one myself

#241606 - 09/02/08 03:47 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4:
"A Tyros 3 is twice as good as Tyros 2 because they have doubled the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2. Wave memory is what creates the sound and if this is doubled then every sound will sound twice as good."

I only had to read this to understand that the writer does not know what they are talking about. Double wave memory does not equate to twice as good a sound.

But i will wait and try one myself

I agree, Spalding, and like you, I will reserve my judgement until I actually have one under my fingers.

Ian

#241607 - 09/02/08 05:17 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Double wav memory don't mean crap.. You can't go by that. Brand A could have 200+mb's of awesome raw samples, but Brand B could have the same 200+MB's but the samples could be poorly done, noticable loops points, unatural vibrato from one note to the next, velocity levels just all over the freakin place....

Anytime I see a maker say XXXX MB's in sound..., I just say "eh.., we'll see".
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241608 - 09/02/08 05:42 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Double wav memory don't mean crap.. You can't go by that. Brand A could have 200+mb's of awesome raw samples, but Brand B could have the same 200+MB's but the samples could be poorly done, noticable loops points, unatural vibrato from one note to the next, velocity levels just all over the freakin place....

Anytime I see a maker say XXXX MB's in sound..., I just say "eh.., we'll see".

I agree with you squeak_D.

"We'll see"

#241609 - 09/02/08 06:43 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

No mention of a NEW Quality VOCAL HARMONY processor either yet ?

#241610 - 09/02/08 06:48 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
No mention of a NEW Quality VOCAL HARMONY processor either yet ?

If there were something new Yamaha would have touted the hell out of it. That tells you the Vocal Processor is going to be some derivative of the same pathetic one used in the Tyros 2. So much for a major upgrade.

#241611 - 09/02/08 06:53 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

Thats very sad if its true & they dont really improve the VH....btw what does Wersi use for Vocal Harmony on their units?....Boy Im glad I waited this time around...& sitting back to see what turns up in the next year or so.....no rushing into anything this time around is the smart move. This hype crap is really silly. I know what MY NEEDS are & when someone comes close I'll buy another unit.

#241612 - 09/02/08 06:58 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

I don't get it... Why hasn't Yamaha updated the VH? Clearly there have been many who aren't pleased with it and have been asking or suggesting that the units VH system be upgraded.

Maybe it's me, but I see the step up from the Tyros2 to the Tyros3..., as the same step up from the PSR-2000 to the PSR-2100. Just not enough upgrades to make the jump with it IMO.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241613 - 09/02/08 07:06 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

Squeak dont blow a vein......your not alone in your thinking this time around. Technology is changing very fast....this will blow over & MORE will surface for sure.
Hang in there

#241614 - 09/02/08 07:21 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

I know Donny It's just that Yamaha really confuses me. The Tyros is their Pro Arranger.., yet they design and market it for the home user. Korg and Roland's Pro Arrangers aren't home keyboards. They're designed for the pro market, and built for that sole purpose.

#241615 - 09/02/08 07:28 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

Squeak....yamaha is not going to alienate their Core buyers & dedicated Tyros base.....they have to satisfy Both Home players which is a Biggie for them & Pro users at the same time to a point & also make money as that's the bottom line....the 76 key versions are not money makes for them to warrant a whole manufacturing line of T3's......so they just include a few suedo pro features to entice all who venture. But little by little the others are creeping up & its getting harder & harder for Yamaha to stay on top...unless they have something very special that will titillate the senses for their customers. This big game will get very interesting in teh near future for sure....hold on to your wallets & Buyer BE WISE!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-02-2008).]

#241616 - 09/02/08 10:09 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Let me say this if I may. Mother may I?

Anyway,.. I hope Yamaha i.e. (Steve Deming) is listening.

There is rebellion amongst the loyal troops with people starting to wake up to Yamaha's, in my opinion, "nefarious shenanigans" of giving consumers an expensive software upgrade by way of a $4,000 'hardware' keyboard, namely the T3. It is the same type of thing they did with the original Tyros and also the Tyros2.

Yamaha has a propensity, in my opinion, to shun giving loyal customers who own their arranger keyboard products any type of OS upgrade enhancements (beyond your typical bug fixes) and people are finally seeing Yamaha's true motives, which I believe is to rake in all the dough they can and then either completely forget their customer's continuing product satisfaction of those who have purchased their arranger keyboard products (except fixing bugs - which if they didn't would give them a severe black eye in the public persona) or then turn around and try to get away with the same ol' "trick" again by offering a ridiculously expensive sofware upgrade by way of a successive 'hardware' keyboard model.

To Yamaha's credit the original Tyros had some Drum mapping issues and Yamaha did indeed correct them, but it makes you wonder why they didn't get the mapping right in the first place and indeed could still be considered simply a "bug" fix only.

When people start to sense someone or some business entity like Yamaha is trying to take advantage of them people tend to rise up "against the machine" or person (whichever the case may be) who they feel is taking advantage of them. What makes it even more disconcerting is that a business is suppose to be a public institution i.e. created specifically for the "benefit" and the "needs" of consumers, not the other way around. Sure, a business is in business to make money and that's fine and dandy. What is NOT fine and dandy is when a company uses underhanded tactics to increase their own bottom line at the expensive of those very consumers who are, in good faith, buying their products.

On the other hand, another 'positive' aspect I can attribute to Yamaha is their good customer service, where if something actually goes wrong with one of their keyboards under warranty (and in some cases beyond the warranty), they are quick to help you find a solution in resolving the issue(s) or by getting it to a service center for repair if necessary.

I've said many times that I like Yamaha. One important aspect of me liking them is the personnel on staff at Yamaha U.S., which is located about 90 miles up the coast from where I live.

But what really gets my goat is the perception that Yamaha Japan is only in it for the money when it comes to the selling of their keyboard products and perhaps all the other products they sell as well if the truth be known - instead of trying to build strong ties and the consumer's trust and confidence along with the products they sell by giving consumers the "real deal" in "complete" product satisfaction. In other words, it takes more than offering the public these constant $4,000 software upgrades. And people are wising up and seeing it for what it is.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-02-2008).]

#241617 - 09/02/08 10:32 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

AMEN! Like I said, I can't wait until the new Korg OS update is released. It's going to be great for the Korg PA owners to show what they got FOR FREE without having to upgrade at the cost of four grand!

#241618 - 09/02/08 11:00 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Look, the loudest voice you can carry to Yamaha is the one where you do NOT purchase their products if you don't like them.

I've already voiced my opinion/rebellion on the direction of the Tyros and purchased a Korg Pa2xpro; ENOUGH SAID!

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 09-02-2008).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#241619 - 09/02/08 11:07 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

AGAIN...., AMEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN!! I can't count the number of times I've said on this forum that if you really want to show Yamaha you've had enough, and help them realize they need to get it together DON'T BUY THE NEW MODEL. Time will tell I guess. Maybe all these really happy Korg and Roland owners with good OS updates will get the spark lit for them....

#241620 - 09/02/08 01:05 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
miden Offline

Loc: The World
It is interesting to note that, in Australia at least, sales of the PA2Xpro and the PA800 are actually increasing.

I was talking with the Korg rep just yesterday and he was saying that the 2 Korg flagships are finally starting to make an impact with home users, and with sales to pro-users now tending towards "healthy", they are very happy with the trends.

To me, this just confirms Yamaha's poor timing in introducing an incremental update at best, in a new shell, and I have no doubt that the same sense of being "skimmed" will also manifest itself in Tyros users in Australia.

Dennis

#241621 - 09/02/08 01:29 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I've already voiced my opinion/rebellion on the direction of the Tyros and purchased a Korg Pa2xpro; ENOUGH SAID!

Me too.

#241622 - 09/02/08 02:09 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Look, the loudest voice you can carry to Yamaha is the one where you do NOT purchase their products if you don't like them.

I voiced my opinion years ago after product support for my 9000 Pro was atrocious to say the least. I dumped the Yamaha and bought a Wersi. I've never looked back since and even though Yamaha has come out with many offerings since the 9000 Pro, I've auditioned and passed on every one of them. I'm certain the Tyros 3 won't make the grade for me either but I'll at least try it out like I have every other offering I can get my hands on. I still give Yamaha a chance for my business but if their products don't meet my needs, they won't get another dime from me.

#241623 - 09/02/08 02:11 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
mc Offline

If the vocal harmonizer on the tyros 3 is the same as the s900. I have no issues with it, I got mine to sound pretty good after some tweaking.

#241624 - 09/02/08 02:29 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

Mc its no better then a cheap Kazoo no matter what you do...I for one am definitly not satisfied with it & refuse to use it on stage. Please post any demo songs using it so I can listen to your tweaks maybe I'm nuts but listening is believing ....is that fair to ask?

#241625 - 09/02/08 04:54 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
VH is exactly the point with the Yamaha's. After all the negativity in 3 generations of keyboards, they never upgraded or enhanced it?

Meanwhile, companies like Korg go out and do the right thing like License the TC Helicon the cream of the VH crop.

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#241626 - 09/02/08 06:10 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

Quote:
VH is exactly the point with the Yamaha's. After all the negativity in 3 generations of keyboards, they never upgraded or enhanced it?

Meanwhile, companies like Korg go out and do the right thing like License the TC Helicon the cream of the VH crop.

Al ....your excactly right...I was so close to Nirvana with the Pa800 for so many reasons.....but alas the few things I really needed were not there for my needs...but I will say this if the new Korg OS is "Magical" I will take a second look after this upgrade at them again....
like Zuki mmmmmmm? who Knows second time is teh charm?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-02-2008).]

#241627 - 09/02/08 06:12 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
"There is rebellion amongst the loyal troops with people starting to wake up to Yamaha's, in my opinion..............."

It is my belief that the majority of this rebellion resides here! Of the many other forums and clubs I visit, this place clearly has the most negative posts about anything Yamaha. I thought a rebellion is usually more than 6 people? May the force be with you................... -charley

#241628 - 09/02/08 06:35 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
mr9000 Offline

This T3 SHOULD of been released at the time of the release of the corner cutting T2!!

#241629 - 09/02/08 07:06 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:

It is my belief that the majority of this rebellion resides here! Of the many other forums and clubs I visit, this place clearly has the most negative posts about anything Yamaha. I thought a rebellion is usually more than 6 people? May the force be with you................... -charley

Good one, Charley...an accurate observation, to be sure.

Ian

#241630 - 09/02/08 11:00 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Good one, Charley...an accurate observation, to be sure.

Ian

It would be worth noting that when the T2 came out, SZ was the Yamaha worship Mecca. You've lost a whole forum here...

In addition, I would say that at least 3-5 people bought T2s as a direct result of my recommending it. I would assume that this is the case with many others too. If you don't take notice of a 6 man rebellion, you'll soon be dealing with a riot.

#241631 - 09/02/08 11:04 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
sunny152 Offline

---------------------------------------
[QUOTE]
[B]"A Tyros 3 is twice as good as Tyros 2 because they have doubled the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2".
"It now has a more powerful sound engine than a Motif XS Synth"
----------------------------------------

Is it true?

Sunny

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 09-02-2008).]

#241632 - 09/02/08 11:26 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny152:
"A Tyros 3 is twice as good as Tyros 2 because they have doubled the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2".

Anyone who says that knows nothing about sound or wave memory.

#241633 - 09/03/08 01:05 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands

#241634 - 09/03/08 02:53 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
If you don't take notice of a 6 man rebellion, you'll soon be dealing with a riot.

Very true, Chony...best to quell the uprising whilst it is small.

Perhaps when the instrument has been actually played, there will be a change of heart in even the most die hard rebel.

The tougher the audience...the sweeter the applause.

Time will tell.

I know I'm looking forward to trying it.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-03-2008).]

#241635 - 09/03/08 04:57 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

Well.., at least the UK Yamaha page always has things up to look at (unlike YamahaUS).., remember how long it took them to even get the info on their site about the S-900..... Anywho.., here's the Yamaha UK link that shows the new releases (the Tyros and the new S550 are there-full specs, ect)
http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_euro...ries/index.html

#241636 - 09/03/08 06:05 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
sunny152 Offline

Info from Yamaha UK website:

FSX keyboard

THE TYROS3 FEATURES THE HIGHEST QUALITY SYNTHESIZER KEYBOARD WE'VE EVER MADE : The FSX keyboard. Physically, the keys are of high-precision manufacture and offer greater durability than conventional models. Most importantly, however, the keyboard has enhanced touch response, making it the most expressive and musical keyboard in its class.

TFT LCD Display

Tyros3 is the first Yamaha digital keyboard to feature a high-resolution, 640x480, color TFT (Thin Film Transistor) LCD screen. Big and bright, the 7.5 inch display shows all important settings and parameters with crystal clear clarity, even under extreme lighting conditions. The TFT display has a hugely wide viewing angle which means the content is clearly visible whatever your playing position. The entire display panel is 5-point adjustable; flat for storage or tilted up to enhance visibility during performance.

Super Articulation 2

Mainly for wind instrument Voices, a special Yamaha technology called AEM has been used, which features detailed samples of special expressive techniques used on those specific instruments - to bend or slide into notes, to "join" different notes together, or to add expressive nuances at the end of a note, etc.

Articulation Element Modeling (AEM)

Articulation Element Modeling (AEM) is the technology for simulating this characteristic of instruments. During performance, the most appropriate sound samples are selected in sequence in real time, from huge quantities of sampled data. They are smoothly joined and sounded - as would naturally occur on an actual acoustic instrument.

Intuitive, Quick-Access Sliders

Eight sliders have been provided just below the LCD display let you conveniently and quickly adjust all parameters shown in the display. The additional ASSIGN slider allows you to assign a desired function (volume, reverb, etc.) and control it in real-time during your performance. These nine sliders function as footage levers when the Organ Flutes display is shown.

Two-track Hard Disk Recorder

The Hard Disk Recorder lets you record your performances to two audio tracks - Main and Sub. A Bounce recording feature lets you record even more tracks, allowing you to easily record multiple parts in layers.

Massive 80GB HDD

Staggering amount of MIDI data, style data, wav files and the like can be stored on the keyboard's internal hard disk.

Convenient Multi Pad Sync function / Registrations and OTS Information

You can embellish your performance as you play with several preset phrases by using the Multi Pads. These can even be synchronized with Style/Song playback. The information displays for Registration Memory and One Touch Setting allow you to confirm the registered panel setups easily.

Voice Expandability

Download additional Voices from the website and load them to the Tyros3 - and increase your selection of available voices.

High-Speed Communication

The built-in LAN terminal lets you easily connect your instrument directly to the Internet. The USB terminals compatible with USB 2.0 High-Speed enable high-speed communication with USB storage devices and computers.

Specifications for HDD:
80GB 2.5 inch IDE (Included, Internal)

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 09-03-2008).]

#241637 - 09/03/08 10:12 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Ok, I'm done now. I'll join the SZ-specific grumbling and nagging. Yamaha's marketing crap is too much to ignore.

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny152:
THE TYROS3 FEATURES THE HIGHEST QUALITY SYNTHESIZER KEYBOARD WE'VE EVER MADE

Yeah! Motif users, you're pathetic losers! You fell for our trick! Harharhar!

Quote:
making it the most expressive and musical keyboard in its class.

Well, let the end-users decide about that, shall we? Maybe it's the best Yamaha in its class.

Quote:
Tyros3 is the first Yamaha digital keyboard to feature a high-resolution, 640x480, color TFT (Thin Film Transistor) LCD screen. Big and bright, the 7.5 in...blah blah

Yeah. Don't touch the thing though, we haven't figured out how Korg and Roland make it touch-responsive yet. But hey, it's only a $4000 piece, whaddaya expect?

Quote:
Massive 80GB HDD

Massive. U-huh. Went to the store a few weeks ago to get a new HD. Couldn't find anything smaller than 500 GB. Bought it for 119,- euros

But I guess 80GB is "massive" in Japan. Must have cost Yamaha at least a staggering $ 9.95 a piece.

Which reminds me. I have to call Yamaha to ask where they found those tiny RAM-banks. My 11-year old PC needs an upgrade.

#241638 - 09/03/08 10:33 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-03-2008).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online