Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#241604 - 09/02/08 03:17 AM Interesting news about Tyros-3
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Post from Tyros2.net forum

....Yamaha TYROS 3
Preliminary Information
(Email received from a UK dealer, http://www.bonner...3_Keyboard)

Yamaha have not yet officially launched Tyros 3 to the general retail industry. I was privileged to be among the very few chosen to have sneak preview of the prototype Tyros 3 at Frankfurt, which was tucked away in a private room for VIP guests only.

You might be thinking Tyros 3 will be just a re-boxed Tyros 2. You couldn't be more wrong; yet again this is a huge jump forward, more so than when Tyros 1 went to Tyros 2. A Tyros 3 is twice as good as Tyros 2 because they have doubled the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2. Wave memory is what creates the sound and if this is doubled then every sound will sound twice as good. It will have much more depth and realism in sound and now has a more powerful sound engine than a Motif XS Synth. The piano sound now has the same sound as the top of the range Clavinova CLP280.

Martin Harris is Yamaha's chief programmer/ project developer and is responsible for the way Tyros 3 sounds. Martin introduced Tyros 3 to us like a proud father for the first time. With a brief introduction Tyros 3 emerged out of the wall like a new BMW being launched in a cloud of smoke. Never before have I seen a preview with such grandeur! Martin went straight into a medley of tunes showing off Tyros 3 at it best. Working from classical to present day Martin showed how Tyros 3 has grown up and has become suitable for both home market and professionals a like.

Tyros 3 is due to be launched in October 2008.

We will keep you posted with the latest developments between now and the release date

Tyros 3 has been completely re-designed both internally & externally. This is not just a re-boxed Tyros 2!!

Due to be launched in October 2008.

Looks different - buttons laid out in a more logical manner

SOUNDS
Double the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2. This gives it much more depth and realism in sound. It now has a more powerful sound engine than a Motif XS Synth.
New "Live Concert" piano sound (from CLP280) New Super Articulation 2 sounds which are even better than the Super Articulation sounds found in Tyros 2.
Many other sounds have been upgraded and sound more realistic

NEW RHYTMS
100 Completely new styles - covering all genres.
Higher standard of style programming of - they sound more authentic.
More effects can be used in the styles, which adds to the realism.
Original rhythms from Tyros 1 & 2 have been re-voiced to take advantage of the new sounds & effects. They sound completely different.

NEW EFFECTS
New high quality master reverb effect
Better use of DSP, which is easier to assign to the different parts.

New high definition TFT Screen (as found in laptops), can been seen at any angle and less light reflection. Ideal for on stage or outdoors.

Super Articulation has been improved, and is now useable by all players - professional or not!
Super Articulation can be controlled by footswitch or by the two new controller buttons located next to the modulation wheel.
This now gives extra musical ability never seen before on keyboards.
It will give the player; Portamento / Slide, Grace notes, Clicks, Rotary, Vibrato, Growl, Distortion, Clicks, Knocks etc

#241605 - 09/02/08 03:28 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
"A Tyros 3 is twice as good as Tyros 2 because they have doubled the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2. Wave memory is what creates the sound and if this is doubled then every sound will sound twice as good."

I only had to read this to understand that the writer does not know what they are talking about. Double wave memory does not equate to twice as good a sound.

But i will wait and try one myself

#241606 - 09/02/08 03:47 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4:
"A Tyros 3 is twice as good as Tyros 2 because they have doubled the amount of wave memory found in Tyros 2. Wave memory is what creates the sound and if this is doubled then every sound will sound twice as good."

I only had to read this to understand that the writer does not know what they are talking about. Double wave memory does not equate to twice as good a sound.

But i will wait and try one myself

I agree, Spalding, and like you, I will reserve my judgement until I actually have one under my fingers.

Ian

#241607 - 09/02/08 05:17 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Double wav memory don't mean crap.. You can't go by that. Brand A could have 200+mb's of awesome raw samples, but Brand B could have the same 200+MB's but the samples could be poorly done, noticable loops points, unatural vibrato from one note to the next, velocity levels just all over the freakin place....

Anytime I see a maker say XXXX MB's in sound..., I just say "eh.., we'll see".
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241608 - 09/02/08 05:42 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Double wav memory don't mean crap.. You can't go by that. Brand A could have 200+mb's of awesome raw samples, but Brand B could have the same 200+MB's but the samples could be poorly done, noticable loops points, unatural vibrato from one note to the next, velocity levels just all over the freakin place....

Anytime I see a maker say XXXX MB's in sound..., I just say "eh.., we'll see".

I agree with you squeak_D.

"We'll see"

#241609 - 09/02/08 06:43 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

No mention of a NEW Quality VOCAL HARMONY processor either yet ?

#241610 - 09/02/08 06:48 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
No mention of a NEW Quality VOCAL HARMONY processor either yet ?

If there were something new Yamaha would have touted the hell out of it. That tells you the Vocal Processor is going to be some derivative of the same pathetic one used in the Tyros 2. So much for a major upgrade.

#241611 - 09/02/08 06:53 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

Thats very sad if its true & they dont really improve the VH....btw what does Wersi use for Vocal Harmony on their units?....Boy Im glad I waited this time around...& sitting back to see what turns up in the next year or so.....no rushing into anything this time around is the smart move. This hype crap is really silly. I know what MY NEEDS are & when someone comes close I'll buy another unit.

#241612 - 09/02/08 06:58 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I don't get it... Why hasn't Yamaha updated the VH? Clearly there have been many who aren't pleased with it and have been asking or suggesting that the units VH system be upgraded.

Maybe it's me, but I see the step up from the Tyros2 to the Tyros3..., as the same step up from the PSR-2000 to the PSR-2100. Just not enough upgrades to make the jump with it IMO.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241613 - 09/02/08 07:06 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

Squeak dont blow a vein......your not alone in your thinking this time around. Technology is changing very fast....this will blow over & MORE will surface for sure.
Hang in there

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online