SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#240649 - 08/23/08 08:38 PM Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
AS Jim Nabors said..In Gomer Pyle USMC..

Here it is 16 months after buying my G70..I finally spent time listening and editing (yes editing) synth tones on the G70..

The G70 has a load of great synth tones..that will compete with the Big 3 workstations..20 some pages of tones..

Now the surprise....although the edit tools are slightly different to what I am use too..with workstations....The G70 is really deep with sound design..

I knew there were no LFO controls, but soon found out..I could get the same results as I can on workstations...The way the simple page of edit parameters work together is ..well...surprising..

The vibrato debt , rate and delay along with the cut off and Reso controls ..allow you to come up with rhythmic, pulsing type of effects...and what is really nice on the G70...you have immediate access to the sliders to experiment quickly..
And don't forget the tuning of each part for those 5ths, 7ths and 19ths..

You guys/gals that own a G70 and E-80...Check out the large supply of synth tones on the preset pages...find the unusual tones..then go into tone edit...and experiment to see how the sound designer came up with the interesting movement of the synth tones....

And I didn't even mention the insert effects ..at our finger tips..

When it comes to sound editing ..I and many other folks (although I always gave the edits more credit then most G70 owners)..have sold the G70 short...way short...

#240650 - 08/23/08 09:23 PM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
Dnj Offline

Its amazing when you read that people dont like the G70 sounds/Styles OS, & all that it can do, etc, .....it's a super powerful Arranger KB...the ONLY reason I sold mine was the weight & size factor just wasn't practical for my gig needs in that respect alone.... I'm still not over it and miss many of its attributes to this day.

WTG Fran

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-23-2008).]

#240651 - 08/24/08 02:48 AM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You guys/gals that own a G70 and E-80...Check out the large supply of synth tones on the preset pages...find the unusual tones..then go into tone edit...and experiment

There are even more on the SRX-07 "Ultimate Keys" expansion board which I recently installed on my E-80 (of all the SRX cards, it's the must have one, IMO.)

#240652 - 08/24/08 03:08 AM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
.I and many other folks have sold the G70 short...way short...

Could be one of the reasons retail sales of the G70 have been short...way short...

Ian

#240653 - 08/24/08 03:39 AM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
Rolman Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Could be one of the reasons retail sales of the G70 have been short...way short...

Yes,because the arranger majority favorites very simple functions.
Greetings
Peter

#240654 - 08/24/08 04:24 AM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolman:
Quote:
[b] Could be one of the reasons retail sales of the G70 have been short...way short...

Yes,because the arranger majority favorites very simple functions.
Greetings
Peter

[/B]

Correctomundo...perhaps Roland will address this situation with the next G?

Ian

#240655 - 08/24/08 05:23 AM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
Rolman Offline

Quote:
Correctomundo...perhaps Roland will address this situation with the next G?

I don't think so, Roland knows: Oil products like plastics will become very expensive in the near future.
Regards
Peter

#240656 - 08/24/08 05:49 AM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolman:
Quote:
[b] Correctomundo...perhaps Roland will address this situation with the next G?

I don't think so, Roland knows: Oil products like plastics will become very expensive in the near future.
Regards
Peter

[/B]

Perhaps the next G will be made of balsa wood...would certainly correct the weight issue.

Somebody told me that Wersi was making their cabinets from melted down and recycled prophylactics...I guess it's a safety issue.

#240657 - 08/24/08 06:04 AM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
Rolman Offline

Quote:
Perhaps the next G will be made of balsa wood...would certainly correct the weight issue.
[

Good idea, plenty of us must learn how to swim not only in the bathroom. Keyboards too.
Regards
Peter

#240658 - 08/24/08 07:17 AM Re: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise....
Dnj Offline

Quote:

Somebody told me that Wersi was making their cabinets from melted down and recycled prophylactics...I guess it's a safety issue.

I believe the original intention of Roland's G70 was to keep it at home & in studio, not on the road.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-24-2008).]

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online