SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#240566 - 08/26/08 02:55 PM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Hellboy
quite honestly, I'd probably regret selling if I did.
Regrettably Ketron's over here don't have a good resale value, possibly because they're not well known. Only reason I probably wouldn't consider an Audya.

I'm just going thru one of my style creation phases at the moment, & the Korg's got great onboard editing tools etc, wheras the Ketron doesn't. Hence , currently it's sitting idle.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
Ha!

Well Rikki my wife would KILL me if I bought another Board so soon after buying the PA1-X.

Yeah I've looked up the Gospel Pianos site before re Ketron - it's in Sydney and I'm in Brisvegas, so....

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#240567 - 08/26/08 09:32 PM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's?
IL Parrothead Offline

Loc: Orland Park, IL, USA
I guess it's the size of the market here, but I have had next to an impossible task demoing the totl arrangers. A couple of years ago, I found a dealer in the Chicago area that had a G70 on the floor and sat with it for an hour or so. He wanted outrageous money for it, though. I've never been able to find a Korg PA1 or 2X -- only the PA800or 500. Never a Tyros, only the S900 and below. And never any Ketrons of any sort.

It's frustrating -- especially living in an area with several GC's, Sam Ashes and other stores. It almost makes me want to buy a lower line keyboard and experiment it with it in my free time to see if an arranger is for me.

------------------
Mike

#348385 - 08/04/12 10:19 PM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's? [Re: IL Parrothead]
sglynn Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I can't use my Ketron Solton MS40 for live gigs because sometimes it freezes up on start up. When that happens I have to open the case, push on the chips then it will start. So it is just to un-reliable for live gigs. Too bad bacause the quality of sounds and styles are excellent even for today. I don't know what else to buy for midi accordian. Any ideas are welcome and appreciated.

#348386 - 08/04/12 10:24 PM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's? [Re: Lucky2Bhere]
Tony Hughes Offline

Will this do you, you are on the wrong site for Ketron, go and look under forum list, there are a few Ketron nuts on there.

#348397 - 08/05/12 06:49 AM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's? [Re: Lucky2Bhere]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
My question is, "WHAT STYLE OF LIVE BAND IN YOUR FACE MUSIC DOES A KETRON DO?" Is it a live CW band, a live Rock band, a live Heavy Metal band etc. Or can I sound like a live Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Frank Sinatra, Steve Tyrell, Tony Bennet, Ray Charles live band? If the answer is the latter list, I want a dozen of them.

So 98% of you will never agree with me about which is the best arranger. The best arranger is what you like.

If you don't believe me, ask Fran. He's the only living soul using the G70 to play live. And what about me, I'm the only living half human that's ever played the i30 live for more than a month. I think Donny said he had one for about two months back in 1878 or some where about.

#348399 - 08/05/12 07:06 AM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's? [Re: Tony Hughes]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Ooops

Edited by brickboo (08/05/12 07:07 AM)

#348402 - 08/05/12 09:14 AM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's? [Re: Lucky2Bhere]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
All of the above Boo. The Audya sounds fantastic for every type of music.
The G70 sounds a little different, but it too sounds extremely live. It is one of the best arrangers ever produced. I think Diki still uses his too. I would have one except it is BIG and HEAVY. I tried E80 and it was smaller and HEAVY.
No need to lug around a 50 plus pound arranger these days. PA3X is fantastic and is easy to carry and handle.
DonM

#348405 - 08/05/12 10:13 AM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's? [Re: Lucky2Bhere]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I can tell you why I don't play Ketron keyboards in very simple terms -
virtually poor to no support at all from the USA dealer. I still have a Ketron SD2 unit that went south after doing a Ketron suggested firmware upgrade and after nearly a year now I have not gotten the issue resolved with Ketron. Why would I spend thousands of dollars on that kind of response from any company?

Deane

#348406 - 08/05/12 10:52 AM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's? [Re: Lucky2Bhere]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I love the Audya styles. I don't there is anything as good as those styles and I think they would be perfect for what I do. So why don't have one?

1. mucho dinero $$$
2. the RH voices are just OK.
3. It's a big bulky KB and not very pretty.
4. Reports such as Hammers scare me

If I'm going to spend 4,000 on a KB, I want it to be perfect or close to perfect as possible. So far I don't think there is anything out there that would make me compleletly happy. I have faith that eventually a company will make a TOTL KB that will meet my demands. Until then I just need to be at peace with what I got and contintue to improve as a player. That's the bottom line anyways. In the right hands an audience would not know the diffenrnce between a $500 Korg Micro Arranger and a $4000 Tyros 4. Read my signature.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#348409 - 08/05/12 11:15 AM Re: Why aren't most of you playing Ketron's? [Re: Lucky2Bhere]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
From AJ

"With regards to service and product support, Ketron has one of the best now with a quick turn-around time in cases where the unit has to be sent to a service center. Being a smaller firm, Ketron can easily and quickly get parts to their repair centers enabling quick service and very short wait time (where applicable). "

AJ, where was this wonderful support when I needed it????? I left DOZENS of messages on CMC's phone and sent as many emails. If they can't get it right over a $400.00 piece of gear I don't want anything to do with them.

Deane

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online