SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#348349 - 08/03/12 11:33 PM Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have a spare one. Used very little. $3,100.
It has 61 keys.
DonM

#348353 - 08/04/12 12:59 AM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: DonM]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
Don why are you selling??? Wish it was 76 though! I'm just about to buy one..

#348354 - 08/04/12 02:45 AM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

So what's next?

#348356 - 08/04/12 06:09 AM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Looks like Nigel is going to have to change the name of this forum to KORG Arranger Forum II.

I told everyone about KORG arrangers back in 2001 after two days of research, and to think that two months before I thought that an "arranger" was a "person" who did arrangements. Ha ha!

I guess everyone assumed that Yamaha's name was all over the place and made motor cycles so that they had to make the best arrangers. Heck, Technics are better than Yamahas. It took me all of 1 hour on my first trip to Hart's Music in Grand Junction to discover arrangers to figure that out.

They aren't Roland dealers, but they did have one Roland in the store and it sounded like a toy to put under a Christmas tree for the kids. I know that that's not a fair comparison. I still hadn't touched a Roland to this day, but it seems that no one else has either other than Fran that I know of. But if it only does 4 bar loops too, then it's not even in the ball game with Korg.

Folks there's a huge difference in building motor cycles and arrangers. For motor cycles you need to know how to hold a wrench, but with arrangers you need to know how to hold a chord using more than three fingers, Ha ha! Oh and you need to be able to count past four to manufacture a real musical arranger. Of course I guess you can make "Mickey Mouse" arrangers for the home player and the person who's only interested in "SOUNDS".

If things continue like this, you can bet that in 10 or 20 years you won't have to make these big big decisions of which arranger to buy. All that will be left is the Korg brand.

However, you guys are catching on (finally). So maybe the Yamaha people might catch on too, and hire some "Korg" techs that know how to make a rhythmic loop longer than 4 bars. Ha ha. Or at the least hire someone with more musical knowledge than a high school band diploma. Ha ha again!

Boy this is fun!! It may get to the point where it will be impossible for me to ever lurk again. But don't bet the house on it. I don't have much left to say. I think I bragged and expounded on everything I know about music in general.

Oh, maybe I can find a nine ball or a bricklaying forum. I might know more about those two areas than I know about music.

Oh ya know what? I just had a thought, (yes sometimes I do think before I speak, although it might be hard for someone to think that I think before I speak) in a couple of days after I open my Hot Dog Cart I could be an expert on hot dogs too.

I wonder if there's a Hot Dog Cart forum?

Edited by brickboo (08/04/12 06:17 AM)

#348358 - 08/04/12 06:39 AM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Oh, I forgot. If this trend continues, Korg arrangers could go the way that the Selmer Tenor Sax Mark VI went. A 1958 Mark VI for $695.00 goes on eBay now from anywhere between $5,000.00 and $18,000.00 depending on the condition.

That's the sax I had stolen out of a club one night when an ex-playboy bunny distracted me to go to breakfast and I ran out and left it in the club.

Oh the Mark VI does not seem to be all that rare either.

Edited by brickboo (08/04/12 06:41 AM)

#348359 - 08/04/12 06:47 AM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: brickboo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: brickboo

when an ex-playboy bunny distracted me

Oh wouldn't well all, I've heard of some excuses Brickboo but that takes the cake.. Heee Haw where's that donkey... duel all DonM asked if someone wanted to buy his spare KB and all hells let loose, lets see some photos of your bricks, that will scupper Don chances of selling the Pa3x bounce

#348368 - 08/04/12 10:40 AM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, all the new arrangers have longer style loops now.

#348372 - 08/04/12 12:03 PM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Oooops!! Thanks Don. You're a true friend. Gonna go fix myself a hot dog andI'll be quite.

#348379 - 08/04/12 07:28 PM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Boo, I'm gonna sit right down and fix myself a hot dog, and make believe it came from you. :-)

#348380 - 08/04/12 07:29 PM Re: Anyb ody want a Korg PA3X? [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

And yeah, and my old i30's better'n yours. It doesn't have sauerkraut and ketchup slobbered all over it. :-)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online