SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#240178 - 08/17/08 07:52 AM Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Dnj Offline

Just wondering if the selling prices were cheaper is putting people off from purchasing a Wersi product regardless of how it's sounds & features?.....

#240179 - 08/17/08 08:02 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Donny,
Just listened to the style demo's of Abacus' post.... and to be honest : "Oh boy they sound extremely outdated/poor !"

In the early 80's I owned an Alpha350DX and it seems nothing has changed since that time.

Even if the prices would drop to 25% I still would NOT buy a Wersi because of :
a. Poor sounds
b. Poor styles
c. Poor service
d. Design/materials

Keep in mind this is my personal opinion

#240180 - 08/17/08 08:30 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, because:

(a) They "rely" on Windows, which I'd rather drink bleach than get involved with ever again

(b) They're laughably overpriced

(c) Pre- and after-sales service and support could charitably be described as rubbish

and

(d) They go out of business three times a year, rendering your warranty, and the value of your expensive instrument, worthless.

I had a Wersi Galaxy for years. The high water mark of the company. Nothing that has borne the same brand since has been worthy of association with it, and while their death throes have been protracted, they were finished when the world went digital.

[This message has been edited by Seamaster (edited 08-17-2008).]

#240181 - 08/17/08 08:56 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Only if it were a choice of that or self-immolation.

chas

#240182 - 08/17/08 08:57 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
On second thought, where's that gas can?

chas

#240183 - 08/17/08 09:00 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
I would certainly take a very close look if it was available reasonable near by,
but there are no supplyer/dealer to visit without leave this country.
That in mind, I have to be 1000% sure it's the right thing for me before even
think about buy one.

Happy Playing whatever kb you play on
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#240184 - 08/17/08 01:29 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe if they GAVE me one, otherwise, not a hope in hell!

I'm sorry, but sticker price means nothing in this world. The most expensive thing is seldom the best...

I've got two ears and a web connection. If I can't find any demos that impress me, and make me go "I GOTS to have one of these!", what the thing costs is totally immaterial.

The amazing thing is that, technically, there's no reason why the Abacus can't be one of the best sounding arrangers in the business. It unfortunately seems completely beyond Wersi's ability to actually fulfill that promise. Just yet another of that 'open system' mentality error, that seem to be saying "OK, it sounds like crap how WE have voiced and styled it, but because it is 'open', OF COURSE you are going to be able to make it sound MUCH better".

To which, of course, you have to think 'If the bloody manufacturers can't make it sound good, what chance do we mortals have?"

I have heard innumerable User Styles, for many different arrangers, and to be honest, only the tiniest fraction of them are as good as the best factory styles from the Big3. The factory styles are supposed to be the pinnacle you shoot for, not the junk you HAVE to make styles better than, just to be able to use your arranger!

It is LONG past time to 'put up, or shut up'. If the 'open' arrangers' manufacturers can't seem to make a decent style library, and a modern, TOTL quality sound set themselves. it is utter rubbish of them to claim how easy it should be for the poor saps who actually BUY one to make something much better themselves...

Either it IS easy, and the factory should have already done it, or it ain't

Simple as that

#240185 - 08/17/08 01:37 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm sorry, but sticker price means nothing in this world. The most expensive thing is seldom the best...

I don't understand why the current crop of Wersi-badged instruments is so expensive. It's like the current owners of the brand are trapped in some late seventies/early eighties timewarp, when Wersi got away with charging a king's ransom for analogue organs which were ahead of the pack by a country mile in both tone colour and performance features.

Fast forward to the present day and the new guys are trying the same hustle, only this time instead of offering something that justifies such a whopping price premium, they're punting instruments that are a basically a cheap lash-up of generic PC components and operating software that costs pennies.

Nice benches, though.

#240186 - 08/17/08 04:30 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
sorry from what i have heard so far. Weersi would never even be a consideration no matter how cheap it was.

#240187 - 08/17/08 04:42 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Nope!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online