SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#239840 - 08/11/08 09:53 AM Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Dnj Offline

http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/thump15a/index.html

Designed by Mackie

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-11-2008).]

#239841 - 08/11/08 04:56 PM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Did I see correctly? All of that and no quater inch jack?

I understand the Behringers are made in the same plant in China as the Mackies. It seems the only bad things I hear about them are from those that don't use them and I'm guessing never tried them. The ones that are using them seem to think they're great.

I was going to do an A/B test with the Behringer B212a, Peavey PR12 and JBL 10 Eons which I use. Should have done it sooner, they were sold within a week.

I know the guy in that department at Guitar Center, a keyboard player. He said he was surprised with the Behringers, he liked them and would use them himself. He didn't like the Peavey PR12's as much because they needed more EQing. He also said the Behringers didn't sound as good as the Mackies. All subjective. I'm looking forward to trying these all out soon.

It'll be interesting because when I tried Mackies a few years ago my wife and I didn't like the sound. But then again we were in the home organ business at the time and were used to hearing some really full sounding expensive organs at the time which we used as our comparison.

#239842 - 08/11/08 05:26 PM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Dnj Offline

My Mackie SRM 450's & many others dodnt have a 1/4" jack also.....no big deal.

#239843 - 08/11/08 05:42 PM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
XLR Mic/Line input and pass thru

It has an XLR and a line input

#239844 - 08/11/08 05:48 PM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Fran Carango Offline

Scott..maybe the same workers are assembling, but I am quite sure Behringer does not use the same quality parts and components as Mackie, and prabably Tapco..

They are in the business of copying others at the lowest price....and most likely quality..

Sorry, but I am in the camp you mentioned..I don't care for the Behringer stuff..

When the company took on a new top boss..they perfected a strong marketing..that did not include building the best...

#239845 - 08/11/08 05:55 PM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Fran Carango Offline

Scott my comments are not only directed at Behringer...Mackies DXF line is also in the same class..using lesser quality pre amps and other components to offer a cheap product..Alesis is in this class also with mixers...

And yes I have owned all of the above at one time or another..The only one I still use is the Alesis multimix6...I know the quality is not on par with my CFX12 (the original ..not the mark2)..

#239846 - 08/11/08 08:18 PM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Fran

No problem really at all. I'm just curious to see how they sound and if I'd find them usable or not. I mean look at all the people using Logitech which doesn't make it for me unless a couple bigger speakers help out the mids which I haven't had a chance to try yet with my z5500. But if a person is happy with whatever it is then great for them.

#239847 - 08/11/08 10:34 PM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Take this for what its worth, but my repair technician...a guy who's been at this for 30 years or so says he loves the Behringer stuff I've brought in. He's even shown me how the housing assemblies and other details of theirs are better thought out, better protected/assembled than many of the low end Peavy/Fender/Mackie stuff...

He also says he sees twice as much Mackie come into for service as any other brand on the market...

High end, Behringer isn't a big player, but here's one guy who says of all the low end brands out there, Behringer's is far from the worse...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#239848 - 08/12/08 08:31 AM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
For what it is worth, Sweetwater dropped Behringer, ostensibly, because of returns, but I was told that Mackie issued an ultimatum, threatening to pull out if they continue to carry them. http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/not_available/behringer.php

Bernie

#239849 - 08/12/08 10:54 AM Re: Thump.....anyone using these speakers?.......
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Take this for what its worth, but my repair technician...a guy who's been at this for 30 years or so says he loves the Behringer stuff I've brought in. He's even shown me how the housing assemblies and other details of theirs are better thought out, better protected/assembled than many of the low end Peavy/Fender/Mackie stuff...

He also says he sees twice as much Mackie come into for service as any other brand on the market...

High end, Behringer isn't a big player, but here's one guy who says of all the low end brands out there, Behringer's is far from the worse...

Bill, all the repair shops around here love the Behringer stuff too...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online