SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#239103 - 07/30/08 12:10 AM PSR900 question
anthares71 Offline

Loc: Genoa Italy
Hello everybody,

i'm new in the board and i am an happy owner of a psr s900 from...yesterday!

I practiced some hours and i had two issues that i don't understand:

1) Sometimes, while i'm recording to USB the keyboard says: "disk is busy now" and ends the recording.
Could it be an issue due to an internal path leading to a usb folder?
The last song i played was from usb, i loaded an internal song and i had not the problem.
Could it be an issue of the usb stick?

2) I played ok for five hours, after, during a session in which i was playing a style, using some echoes/efefcts and using global recording midi the rhythm slowed down (seemed to me like a pc 100%cpu...) for two misures and retourned ok.
Have any of you ever experienced this problem?
I played other two hours and all was correct, but in a live performance a problem like that could be annoying.
When rhythm slowed down i had usb stick connected.

However i think it's a great keyboard, a great improvement from my old arranger....a Roland E70

Thank you for your help

Regs

Fabio

#239104 - 07/30/08 05:44 AM Re: PSR900 question
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by anthares71:

1) Sometimes, while i'm recording to USB the keyboard says: "disk is busy now" and ends the recording.
Could it be an issue due to an internal path leading to a usb folder?
The last song i played was from usb, i loaded an internal song and i had not the problem.
Could it be an issue of the usb stick?

This excact used to happen to me also when recording...its very annoying
....but I didnt have the S900 long enough to find out what the problem was....hope you figure it our asap.

good luck

#239105 - 07/30/08 05:53 AM Re: PSR900 question
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
"Disk Busy" Sounds like a CPU issue to me. How much were you doing at the time of the message? It's possible the keyboard's CPU got bogged down (simply a hardware limitation). Some of the previous PSR's had lag issues from time to time due to CPU overloads.

It of course could also not be hardware related, and possibly be something that's fixed with a simple OS update-hard to really say as the issue needs to be reported to Yamaha so they can isolate teh problem (do the 900's have updateable OS's)?

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-30-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#239106 - 07/30/08 07:52 AM Re: PSR900 question
anthares71 Offline

Loc: Genoa Italy
Thanks for your responses, i can say that:

first problem (usb disk busy) is reported on troubleshooting list as a compatibility related issue, with the suggestion of make a format of the usb stick.

Surely the problem is VERY annoying, i have the doubt that, if you have recalled last song from USB, periodically the OS could update that link and if in the meanwhile there is Usb recording activity you experience a stop.

Furthermore i have experienced this error message more in "live" recording rather than when i recorded the play of a midi song.

Probably, if you are not in live contest, it could be better to record in the sequencer and, when you have a good song saved, transfer it to usb stick.

But if you are in live contest and you are also recording voice a general stability of usb recording is required.

I will investigate compatibility issues but it happens to me with two different sticks, for now.

The slowdown problem seemed a cpu overload (never experienced before), i don't think to have gone over the poliphony (and in this case i should expect to ear less things but at correct tempo) but i was making some things, play style with full accompaniment, solo and echo, recording it in sequencer.

Not a "strange" activity, i have to consider that usb stick (inactive) was in and it has inside a large number of files,perhaps OS could have been in an indexing activity.

I will make other tries, no one have experienced slowdowns in the tempo?
I think that cpu overload could be a cause but i was worried if it could be an issue of *my* keyboard or all yamaha keyboards uder particular conditions.

Could you suggest me some places to dowload styles optimized (or not) for the S900? Can i load styles made for Tyros 1/2/psr3K?

Thank you for your attention

Fabio

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online