SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#238833 - 07/24/08 05:07 PM Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donny called me..panic set in..He has 300 dancers on the floor and his Tyros decided to take an nap....He wanted me to drive down with the G70..

You can expect trade considerations coming soon..

Any of you folks that want to "dump" a heavy G70...there may be a deal to be made here.....Like a Tyros and a pair of Yamaha MS60's..for a clunky G70...

Donny has his stand by....his laptop, but because he runs his mic through a sleeping Tyros...he will have to use a dry mic plugged directly into an amp...

He will be back on line at midnight....playing .."let's make a deal"..

#238834 - 07/24/08 07:42 PM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
zuki Offline

LOL - I knew it was a matter of time A used T1 acting up? Sorry to hear that.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#238835 - 07/24/08 10:28 PM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
Dnj Offline

Whew!!!made it through the gig.. OK all is well now....seems that the new hard drive I installed doesn't integrate well with the Tyros for some unknown reason & when utilized to access a SMF or Files, etc LOCKS up the keyboard even after a reboot also Argggg!. After realizing the problem I opened it up & just removed the hard drive from the unit and its working fine again........no problems for now I dont need a hard drive.....
Roland or Yamaha please hurry with the next model

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-24-2008).]

#238836 - 07/24/08 10:46 PM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't think there's a hope in hell that Roland are going to bring out anything that will make you comfortable, Donny.

Firstly, it WILL be too heavy. It WON'T sound anything like a Yamaha, it won't operate anything like a Yamaha, it won't have styles that are anything like a Yamaha, and did I say it will be heavier than a Yamaha?

If you want to go the Roland route, I'd suggest a used E60 (should have got Fran's ). Most of what you like, a lot less weight. Use a Digitech for vocals, you're in business... Only 26 lbs. - about half the weight of an E80

#238837 - 07/24/08 10:51 PM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
Dnj Offline

Diki weight? I'm carrying 2 Ck100's now each are more then a G70.........put down your crystal ball & wait like the rest of us....I've used them all....I have no loyalty....if it serves my needs I buy it....if it starts to annoy me it gets chucked simple as that. Time will tell...one thing for certain....
I'll be, making music regardless...

Carry on

#238838 - 07/25/08 01:12 AM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You've repeatedly criticized the G70 for it's weight. Either it matters or it doesn't, Donny

Like I said, I don't think (or hope!) the new G-series will be enough of a change from the G70 for it to interest you. If you didn't flip over the G70, you're not going to flip over any new one. Roland arrangers have ALWAYS sounded like Roland arrangers. Just as Yamaha's have always sounded pretty similar for quite a while, Korg, Ketron, etc..

And while features come and go, overall OS's and modes of operation don't change that much, either. Operating a G70 is pretty similar to fifteen year old OS's, and likewise for Yamaha. Things get added, things get deleted, but pretty much on the whole, they don't change that much, and even more so for Yamaha, IMO...

Sure, Roland could surprise us... they've done it before Are they likely to? With the pretty lackluster lineup of WS's out at the moment... I don't think so. With nothing earth-shatteringly new in the WS division, where is anything groundbreaking going to come from? Thin air? Roland have always leveraged existing product's technology to drive their arrangers, from MT-32's and Sound Canvases, to FantomX's, TD-Drums, VK Organs and now Sonic Cells.

Without a next generation sound source, where is a next generation arranger (like the T2) going to come from?

#238839 - 07/25/08 04:58 AM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You've repeatedly criticized the G70 for it's weight. Either it matters or it doesn't, Donny

I will always do so Diki....let me correct you, WEIGHT & SIZE.... mostly the latter ! No need for it....its an AWKWARD Beast of a KB to Lug around no way around that....when its right for my needs I use it, if it aint, Bye Bye simple as that, contrary to your all knowing beliefs. In a studio setting, no problem for sure....all this is no relevance to the G70's excellent features of which I really enjoyed playing....too bad.

#238840 - 07/25/08 06:04 AM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Whew!!!made it through the gig.. OK all is well now....seems that the new hard drive I installed doesn't integrate well with the Tyros for some unknown reason & when utilized to access a SMF or Files, etc LOCKS up the keyboard even after a reboot also Argggg!. After realizing the problem I opened it up & just removed the hard drive from the unit and its working fine again........no problems for now I dont need a hard drive.....the laptop serves me like no other.
Roland or Yamaha please hurry with the next model......

The TYROS keyboard is in Mint cond.I bought the HD on eBay so who knows if its any good? Floppies are fine for the few times I'll need them.........meanwhile I'll look for a compatible one to use down the road people have told me to use a much smaller one like a 4G vs the 40G I tried?.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-25-2008).]

#238841 - 07/25/08 06:47 AM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
A great stallion for a wounded horse? How much can I get for this wonderous keyboard I seem to possess? I get email solicitations every week reagarding my E60. I'm sure glad I've held on to it. It doesn't have two important G70 features - the harmonizer and the inspiration factor - but other than that it's a great arranger. It is a 76 and it is light - lovin' it!

And, I do have a Digitech Vocalist IV to go with it.

#238842 - 07/25/08 07:00 AM Re: Donny is panicking..get ready to trade.:)
Dnj Offline

$800-$900 I would say for a used E60

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online