SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#238724 - 07/23/08 01:08 AM Re: What's the MIDI CC for velocity?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why the need for realtime?

Editing after the fact seems a far more precise (you might need some more or less that 75% velocity), and an opportunity for less mechanicality than a simple transform...

BTW, those modifier keys on the basic tools are the most time-saving shortcuts you can ever learn... I have a four button trackball, that allows me to click, shift click, option click and control click with any tool without going to the computer keyboard. Apart from typing track names, I can pretty much run Cubase with one hand. A thing of beauty!

#238725 - 07/23/08 09:18 AM Re: What's the MIDI CC for velocity?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Why the need for realtime?

The reason to do it realtime is because I'm recording an electric drum set and need it to hear the final sound through a particular module in realtime so that I can record more accurately.

#238726 - 07/23/08 11:19 AM Re: What's the MIDI CC for velocity?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You can't just dial back the trigger parameters on the crash? When it comes to triggering drum sounds, I'm always a little leery of introducing any extra latency, especially as you have already gone through the latency of a MIDI interface into the computer. A couple of drummers I've worked with (I have a Hart Dynamics kit myself) swear they can hear a little extra when you use the transformer... I don't notice it myself, but then again, I'm no drummer!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online