SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#238618 - 07/22/08 09:07 AM Re: another musicians opinion of the Bose
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I can only echo Don's response to the orriginal and some following posts. I've owned the top of the line Peaveys, Barbetta, Roland, Crate and several lesser known systems, many of which cost nearly as much as the L1. And, approximately 90 percent of the negative comments I've heard from those that did not like the sound were the result of not reading the instruction manual and setting the system up properly. Those that did set the system up according to the manual were elated. So were their audiences.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#238619 - 07/22/08 09:22 AM Re: another musicians opinion of the Bose
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I play in a bunch of different size bands, ranging from a duet to a 7 piece.

As the band expands I add more L1s.

So far, for ease of use and overall sound quality, I love the Bose, I do sometimes miss the impact sound of convential speakers.

As for the price, if you were to use a convential set-up you have to remember, monitors, extra speakers, set-up time, eq'ing.

I know it's not for everyone but it has saved me so much set-up time, and the compliments are always there,

" the music sounded so nice, it wasn't too loud, I enjoyed being able to talk at my table and still hear the music"

#238620 - 07/22/08 11:15 PM Re: another musicians opinion of the Bose
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I do sometimes miss the impact sound of convential speakers.

That's it in a nutshell...

If you want the sound of a really good hi-fi, these are the bee's knees. But if you want to sound like a really good PA, you may have issues.

It's not that I hate this system, it's just that I am pretty sure it is not the answer for EVERYONE, which you might gather from some enthusiastic owners' praise.

#238621 - 07/23/08 07:30 AM Re: another musicians opinion of the Bose
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Let me elaborate,

I sometimes miss the impact of conventional speakers, but that impact is in a very narrow line of sight range.

Once your off that line the sound changes dramatically,

#238622 - 07/23/08 12:22 PM Re: another musicians opinion of the Bose
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I completely understand, and have said for quite a while that if you want great coverage in a room, even sound all over, the Bose's are excellent at this. But if you are more of a featured act, and need high volume close to the stage and a quick drop-off after that, and that 'impact' up close, where the majority of your audience is standing/dancing, they work against you...

Contrary to what some Bose users try to tell you, there ARE venues and audiences that WANT it loud and in your face on the dancefloor, and usually those venues want it quieter once away from the stage. I don't see how this is achievable with a PAS system...

And c'mon, guys... How come EVERY negative impression HAS to be someone not operating it right? Does this mean that everyone that has a negative impression of my G70 is just a lousy player?

Didn't think so....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online