I didn't get his permission to post this..so his name is not shown..He is a well know musician,,
here are his comments..

OK, let me start some trouble. I play in a restaurant, every Wed. night, that has music 4 nights a week. A total of 3 musicians play there and we all leave some equipment there. I use my old Bose 800 speakers, and a 18" Peavey bass cabinet, and I connect to another musicians 8 channel Peavey power amp.. That is my whole set up. He uses those speakers when he plays. The 3rd musician uses the Bose system with the EQ accessory. People tell me, all the time, that my sound is better and clearer ,and can be heard in the back of the bar, better than the Bose L1. I feel the same when I hear the other musician who uses my set up. He simply sounds fuller, clearer and can be heard better in the back, in spite of a low hanging barrier that tends to block the sound, When I listen to the guy with the Bose L1, in the back, I can't hear him clearly and the clarity and punch is missing. From what I have heard I would not invest that kind of money in the Bose system. In that club, if I had the choice to use either system, at no cost to me, I would still use the one I am using. Maybe it's better outside or in another venue.

However the musician with the Bose L1, also plays in another place where I play. It has very difficult acoustics ( all hard surfaces everywhere and, again, a baffle that prevents sound from reaching the back of the bar area) and the place is very noisy. I use my cheap ($99) Kustom 15" speakers with the Aphex 204 Aural exciter, and my Yamaha 300 watt 8 ch. Power head. I place one old Bose 800 in the bar are as an extension speaker, by tapping off of one of my Kustom 15" speakers, with a 50 foot speaker cable. People at the back of the bar tell me how much better I sound because they can hear me very well. I see them singing along. The musician with the Bose L1 can not be heard back there. I've been there when he plays, and you can't hear him in the back of the bar. When he plays there on Thursday nights, it is not very crowded. Maybe 30 people. When I play there on Sunday Nights it's anywhere from 100 to 150 people, so the noise level, that I compete with, is much higher than what he has to deal with. Beyond the back of the bar, there is an out door deck. On nice days they open the windows to the deck. I see people dancing out there when I'm playing so I know they hear me. Also, they tell me they can hear me out there. So in 2 locations the Bose L1 has failed to impress me. For $2,000, it had better blow my socks off.