SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#238536 - 07/18/08 10:23 PM I hope Tyros 3 matches up with this ! Pl advice
rk Offline

I want to sell off my PSR-3000 for a beter alternate.

Please comment on the following:

1. Tyro 2 or S900 or Tyros 3. (If price is and is not an issue)

2. What are the equivalents in Roland and Korg and how are they in comparison.

Seeing roland and korg sites, some of the features shown like touchscreen, scratchers, sliders, 6 voice layers, multiple simultaneous mp3 playback and recording and what not are present in most of such keyboards and these are still absent in Yamaha. Moreover they are slightly cheaper than tyros, but only slightly.

What I wish to know is how the tyros 2 or 3 compares in front of these keyboards. Seriously, the top roland and korg workstations beats yamaha motif, as appears from their demos.

I am a Yamaha lover, and using it since 10+ years and would like to stick to it. Hope Tyros 3 comes up with such classy features.
Please advice as to what to buy and when.

Thanks in advance.
rk

#238537 - 07/19/08 05:44 AM Re: I hope Tyros 3 matches up with this ! Pl advice
Dnj Offline

At years end when T3 come out I'm sure you'll have all the answers you'll need to make a decision....mean.... while everything you request is right here in the SZ just do a SEARCH for it.

#238538 - 07/19/08 09:24 AM Re: I hope Tyros 3 matches up with this ! Pl advice
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
RK, this kind of advice is going to be so personal..You will have to decide with your own ears and hands..

To put this in perspective...I own a G70 (by choice.. )

If someone offered me a Tyros2 "free", with the agreement..I had to play my gigs with the Tyros2 exclusively.....I would decline the offer....the truth..

Now wait and you will read the other side's opinions..

I would look real close, but being that you are a ten year fan of Yamaha..most likely you will stay in the Yamaha camp (comfort zone )...

Although do yourself a favor...check out the competition with an open mind...and ask questions...lots of them...

#238539 - 07/19/08 03:45 PM Re: I hope Tyros 3 matches up with this ! Pl advice
miden Offline

Loc: The World
+1 to both the posts above.

#238540 - 07/19/08 05:42 PM Re: I hope Tyros 3 matches up with this ! Pl advice
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by rk:
Please advice as to what to buy and when.

Fairly obvious, really...

Don't buy ANYTHING yet.

Wait for the T3 and then make an INFORMED judgment... There's PLENTY here who have 'repented at leisure' (you are reading some of their 'advice' here ). Even if you get something other than the T3, it's actual appearance on the store shelves will drive down the price of older, less advanced arrangers.

#238541 - 07/19/08 09:25 PM Re: I hope Tyros 3 matches up with this ! Pl advice
chony Offline

Loc: New York
It really depends what you want to use it for. I have now the Korg Pa2x and the Tyros 2 and they are both great keyboards. I think that Yamaha has better sounds and Korg has better punch, however I have it from a reliable source that the drums will all be changed on the T3 - if you can afford to wait - wait.

#238542 - 07/20/08 04:12 AM Re: I hope Tyros 3 matches up with this ! Pl advice
rk Offline

Thank you all for the valuable suggestions. I think the best decision is to wait rather than repenting at leisure.

Does the Roland G70 has loop capability to play wave/mp3 beat samples in loop, if not then any other keyboard which can do that?

Is it that for wave/mp3-loop based beats we have to go in for only synths and samplers?

Thanks once again
rk

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online