SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#238425 - 07/17/08 03:23 PM Peter Baartmans Performance Video
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Checkout this Peter Baartmans/Jochim Wolf CVP307/Tyros2 Performnce Video that my friend, Thilo Selasinsky (webmaster for Peter Baartmans Website) has just uploaded to YouTube today. Click Here

In addition, if you can understand German, checkout this 2007 one on one interview of Peter, by my good buddy Stefan Erdnmann. Good work guys.

Interview part 1

Interview part 2

Scott

#238426 - 07/17/08 03:35 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Performance Video
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Two great players of that magnitude, and they let the majority of the playing be handled by an SMF?

You ever want to get a handle on why keyboard players are losing respect in the public's eye, this video goes a long way to explain it...

#238427 - 07/17/08 04:21 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Performance Video
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Thanks Scott !
I know Peter very well and he's absolutely one of the best there is. At least we both know Peter does not need a SMF at all and plays every note by himself.

Unfortunately the poor guy has only two hands with only 5 fingers each, what makes he has to do some homework for song like this complexity. Some people just don't get this

I hope to meet Peter in a couple of weeks when the T3 roll-out starts.

Again thanks for sharing buddy !

#238428 - 07/17/08 04:44 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Performance Video
Diki Offline

There's TWO guys playing, here, or at least one guy playing most of the time, and the other standing around mostly. Sure, it's a decent demo, but just think... every time the second guy is away from the Tyros, try to think of how many of the sequenced parts he could actually be playing.

Quite a few, IMO.

This is where the 'disconnect' from the audience comes from, the utter disdain for even TRYING to cover most of the bases, and only letting the sequence play what cannot possibly be played, but the willingness to stand around (well away from the keyboard) to make even more obvious that they are listening to a live piano player and little else.

If these two actually tried, I bet they could perform the song just as well, and drop the sequence down to just bass and drums, and little else... And you would have a demo that REALLY rocks!

#238429 - 07/17/08 05:08 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Performance Video
Diki Offline

Here's the other side of the coin... How many MORE players could he actually use?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSsWWA2_SDQ&feature=related

Nice tune, glad you brought this one back from the dead, Scott. I remember doing it when it came out... Ten piece band, and a stack of keyboards that would have made Rick Wakeman feel at home! Obviously, it's still a big hit back in Europe, at least...

#238430 - 07/17/08 07:30 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Performance Video
miden Offline

Loc: The World
G'day Scott, nice to hear you are still kicking around!!

Thanks for the link. The MD for the Australian Idol show uses that Yammie (307), its a great box alright!!

Dennis

#238431 - 07/17/08 10:18 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Performance Video
Dnj Offline

Excellent I loved it!!

Thanx Scott for the link.

#238432 - 07/18/08 08:51 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Performance Video
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Scott,

Thanks for the heads up. I am always interested in seeing others perform on the Yamahas - especially Peter B. There is always something that I learn and pick up from the demos.

Regards,

Jerry

#238433 - 07/18/08 09:17 AM Re: Peter Baartmans Performance Video
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Mr Baartman for me is the best arranger player/demonstrator bar none. And this demo http://www.piens.com/movies/index.lasso?id=1 was the best demo i have ever heard on any arranger. Heck on any keyboard period! If the T2 didnt have the workstation deficiencies that it does i would have bought it because of that demo.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 07-18-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online