SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#238203 - 07/15/08 03:33 PM G70
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
When I first got my G70, a well known member here, sent me a large file of conversions. I tried them, but they were not right for my use. Now that I am a little more conversant with the "Makeup Tool", I decided to give them another try. You Roland guys know this, but, I am amazed at how easy this tool is to use in remaking styles. I now have more styles than I can use.

You know who you are. Thank you again.
Bernie

#238204 - 07/15/08 04:25 PM Re: G70
Dnj Offline

Bernie I agree & have always praised the makeup tools in the G70 they are by far one of the best editing features for styles on any arranger KB for sure....Yamaha, Korg, Ketron, remain behind. Being able to tweak "every single instrument" & "piece of drum kit" in so many ways lets you really create some awesome style combinations very easily....

Good Luck

#238205 - 07/15/08 06:30 PM Re: G70
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A combination of the 'Cover Tools', which automatically re-voices a style or SMF to different sound genre's, then a fine-tuning with the Makeup Tools to detail edit the new style, and you can make up brand new-sounding styles faster than most other arrangers can load up a new one!

So few 'try-ers' get past struggling with the live playing OS and sounds that they often miss probably the best OS feature in the whole arranger. For all Yamaha's user-friendliness in actual operation, I have to say that the way they make you create new styles, and edit them is about as counter-intuitive and complicated as I have ever seen, and the plethora of third party essential software bears this out.

Other than Yamaha Mega tracks, and the Ketron 'live loops', just about any style conversion is easily tweaked into something you are proud to play with, at a fraction of the time and head-scratching the rest force you into.

In fact, this is such a good feature, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Roland dropped it... It is their ultimate compliment to any unique feature they have developed that no-one else copies!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online