SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#238150 - 07/16/08 07:38 PM Re: new pieces added !!
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
One of the buttons on the right-hand side (or 1st piece) changes position when the picture completes.

Could be a "fluke".

-mike

#238151 - 07/16/08 07:38 PM Re: new pieces added !!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
All I have to say is Yamaha needs to get a clue and start building their bloody pro arrangers better. When I played the Tyros II, I was impressed with the sounds, styles, ect..., but geez I could not get past that cheap plastic body and cheap buttons. The key action was like butter though. There's no excuse for a $3,500 pro arranger to be built so cheaply.

I highly doubt Yamaha will change the construction quality of the Tyros III. People complained about it on the first model, they didn't listen, and most likely will build the new model with the same cheapness.

I know I'll take heat from T2 owners, but if you want to see what I'm talking about.., put your hands on a Yamaha Motif and compare the quality there.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-17-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#238152 - 07/16/08 08:17 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What strikes me as daft is that, if you look at it, there is enough wasted space, particularly at the top end, to put in those extra keys so many so desperately want, without altering the overall size...

For a 61, it sure is big

#238153 - 07/16/08 08:32 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Dnj Offline

61 keys are fine for me.....whats under all that space is the question?...
I love the new design for sure. Should be lightweight too yeah!

as far as the NEW sliders & the omission of the original display knobs underneath, Hmmmmmm? what do they actually control...?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-16-2008).]

#238154 - 07/16/08 08:59 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Diki Offline

It sure better not be for a CDR or HD (or a floppy )...

All you really need is a few USB2 ports, nowadays, and you should be set. A decent sized RAMDisk on board, and USB2 master capability for a thumb drive or two should be all you need on a gig. The rest is usually best dealt with on your computer, at home, IMO.

Who is going to have a $4000 arranger and NOT at least a laptop?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-16-2008).]

#238155 - 07/16/08 09:15 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Beakybird Offline

The demo does sound very polished and pretty. It is curious, I have never heard that kind of fast vibrato on the bagpipe either.

Beakybird

#238156 - 07/16/08 11:19 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Diki Offline

Beaky, that's not strictly a vibrato, but more of a tremolo, done only on the Irish Bagpipe (or Uilleann Pipes), not the Scottish ones, in general, and is done by fluttering your fingers over open lower holes on the chanter.

But it is definitely a sound that is not employed to every note in a phrase, but picked and chosen carefully, like a good use of the Leslie... (and if some notes require most of your fingers, you have none to spare for the flutter). Absolutely NEVER on just about every note, like the Yamaha demo.

Check out some early music by the Chieftains, for some pretty authentic playing (amongst many others )

#238157 - 07/16/08 11:29 PM Re: new pieces added !!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Leeboy
Additional sample editing features on OAS 6, Note the vibrato controls at the bottom.
http://www.4shared.com/file/55504443/6ee19930/Sound_Edit.html

Regards

Bill

#238158 - 07/17/08 05:38 AM Re: new pieces added !!
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Leeboy
Additional sample editing features on OAS 6, Note the vibrato controls at the bottom.
http://www.4shared.com/file/55504443/6ee19930/Sound_Edit.html

Regards

Bill

In principle Bill that's how modulation can be added to Yamaha voices too. But it's ADDED by oscillators on top of the wave sample.

If say vibrato is already recorded into the sample we can't reach in and subtract it- at least not with the usual editing facilities supplied.

John

#238159 - 07/17/08 05:50 AM Re: new pieces added !!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
If the vibrato is part of the raw sample you can't change it. Now if the vibrato was simply applied by the makers use of the internal LFO settings, then you can go into patch edit and adjust this. Over the years I've noticed that (primarily on arrangers by all the makers) patches are being produced with fixed LFO's on acoustic instruments. My only assumption is that the keyboard makers go on their own assumption that the average arranger player doesn't use patch editing on their keyboards. I think that's true to a certain point.., as arrangers have always been known for that "out of box" sound. I'm sure many players here don't go too deep into patch editing on their arrangers too, but loading a keyboard with samples that have fixed LFO's is a bit too much. I can understand if the average arranger player may not go in and twist up a patch beyond all reason, but I'm quite sure many arranger players have a basic understand of adjusting the LFO or vibrato setting on patches.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online