SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#238140 - 07/16/08 09:32 AM Re: new pieces added !!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I get the same piano/strings sounds on both phase 1 and phase 2 ?????
t.

#238141 - 07/16/08 10:03 AM Re: new pieces added !!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Lee..., I couldn't agree with you more. Vibrato and modulation should be left up to the "person playing the keyboard". It's one thing to have a voice that self modulates, but to then have that modulation in the sample itself is even worse. I don't want the keyboard telling me where the voice should modulate. last time I checked there was a wheel or joystick that did this.., or aftertouch.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#238142 - 07/16/08 10:22 AM Re: new pieces added !!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I get the same piano/strings sounds on both phase 1 and phase 2 ?????
t.

Strange ... using Mozilla Firefox, I only see the pieces for Phase 1 ... and when I click on the 'audio' icon on the T 3 site, it shows Phase 1 followed by Phase 2, but clicking on Phase 2 only gives me the Phase 1 sounds ...
Using Internet Explorer, I see the additional pieces for phase 2 and when I click on the audio icon, Phase 2 is listed before Phase 1 ... I click on Phase 2 and I hear the bagpipes ... I like REAL bagpipes, but did not care for the sample ...
t.

#238143 - 07/16/08 11:22 AM Re: new pieces added !!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
Are you sure the vibrato cant be transferred to after touch, as all Wersi instruments built since 1984 (The first digital versions) have the vibrato built into the voice, but when you activate after touch it automatically gets transferred to player control.
I would check on this, as I find it most unusual that manufactures would not allow the vibrato to be transferred. (Also check in settings as there may be various options available for after touch control)
Enjoy whatever instrument you play

Bill

#238144 - 07/16/08 02:24 PM Re: new pieces added !!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Just like vibrato on a voice, or sax, or anything else, it is NOT applied to every single note, only at specific points. This one had it delayed on every note. Awful...

It would be nice if you could control it with an Aftertouch effect so the user could enable it only when needed. It sounds like it is built into the sample though because you'll notice when he holds the key down for a certain length of time it "always" triggers the effect, and unfortunately Yamaha arrangers are notorious for their mediocre editing capability which probably means there would be no way to remove it - through editing the voice; hence users will most likely be stuck with it and their only other course of action would be to release the key "before" it kicks in and that could be problematic if you needed to hold the key down longer for some reason.

Quote:
Well, I have heard that the head sound designer, who was responsible for all signature sounds in the past, has left Yamaha several months ago.

Hopefully he got picked up by Roland and company and they will pay him what he's worth.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-16-2008).]

#238145 - 07/16/08 04:51 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Dnj Offline

#238146 - 07/16/08 05:41 PM Re: new pieces added !!
keybplayer Offline

Very interesting. It has more rounded edges which is a plus, but somehow it just doesn't have that "high-end" look to me. The styling and design is something you'd see maybe on like a mid-range keyboard not a $4,500 one.

Best,
Mike

#238147 - 07/16/08 05:43 PM Re: new pieces added !!
keybplayer Offline

Probably plastic again too I would assume.

Best,
Mike

#238148 - 07/16/08 05:56 PM Re: new pieces added !!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
No you can not alter the vibrato IF it is in the sample. No matter which keyboard. If it is in the sample you get what you get. And unfortunately the vibrato will more than likely vary by note or at least you will have a different speed and/or depth. Even if there is a board that does allow you to eliminate the vibrato in the sample ( some one mentioned is Wersi can do this??? HOW?) the vibrato will vary by note IF it was sampled with the sound as played by the performer.

Nothing worse than playing a slow piece... holding notes of course and BANG...vibrato is different. Ruins the performane.

No board should leave the factory with this problem.

Also, the other biggy is when you are playing and all of a sudden you hit a key or range of keys that sound different (tone wise). Ruins the performance for me. This is just very sloppy sound engineering work.

Also, if they try to s t r e t c h the multisamples across too many keys the sound starts to get crappy in some ways.

With todays technology and less expensive RAM... the TOFL arrangers should not have any of this.

By the way the PRO Korg M3 also has these problems, I had one and returned it a week later.

Kurzweil boards do not have these problems.
At least the K2600X I once owned and the PC3 I have now, don't.
They care about each sound and know how to do it right. Unfortunately they don't build arrangers.

Here's hoping T3 will not have any of these problems? It's the quality sound above all were after isn't it?

Lee

#238149 - 07/16/08 07:10 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Dnj Offline

People were complaining about sharp corners on T2...so a rounded look would make sense....in fact my T2 ripped thru my Gator bag & its quality made for a soft case.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online