SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#238130 - 07/15/08 07:28 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You certainly went through enough of them before settling for an incremental upgrade over what you started out with...

well we know what T2 has so I doubt it will be any lesser...yes I tried a few more then most & Im lucky I can.....each had their strong points, some even were better then what I now have feature wise only....they just couldnt hold my attention in the sound & style dept where it counts for me...
But I'm always open to change down the road for sure......Diki thank you so much for your concern

#238131 - 07/15/08 08:14 PM Re: new pieces added !!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki, I agree that vibrato was WAY over the top and the constant use on every note really took away from the "realism" IMO. The piano sounds nice on the second one though (I still personally prefer the piano on the G-70 though)...

This brings up something interesting Diki..., this is a problem I've had with Yamaha's signature voices for a while now. These signature voices sound great, but so many have FIXED LFO'S. The voice sounds good, but how boring a solo gets when EVERY note modulates at the exact same time! One of my favorite Yamaha voices is the Sweet Saprano.., the pure sound itself is freakin beautiful (shoot me now.., but I'm still a Kenny-G fan) BUT, and a BIG BUT.., that sound has a crescendo and modulates at the exact same place on every single note. These modulation settings are fixed within the voices and that IMO really takes away from a convincing performance, and takes a chunk of the performance aspect and lets the keyboard make the decision for the player. A sax player does not use a crescendo and modulate at the same place and time on every note. I wish Yamaha would stop making these voices this way.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#238132 - 07/15/08 08:57 PM Re: new pieces added !!
Dnj Offline

"Sounds like the new Super Articulation2 bagpipe! No kidding! This is rumored to have been included in the new SA2 voices and now we can hear it. I am not sure we will get much use from this voice.

I also think what you are hearing is one of the new Movie/Film styles. There are said to be two new movie/film styles, one of them sounding like something from Gladiator. I will bet that is what you hear in the bagpipe piece.

Tom G."

#238133 - 07/16/08 12:22 AM Re: new pieces added !!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Sorry, I have to agree with Squeak,
the bagpipe sounds like the player has Parkinson's desease.

#238134 - 07/16/08 02:54 AM Re: new pieces added !!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I have heard that the head sound designer, who was responsible for all signature sounds in the past, has left Yamaha several months ago. Possibly the reason?

#238135 - 07/16/08 04:18 AM Re: new pieces added !!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
From what I was able to tell, I think the finger vibrato is controllable. For instance, the low D didnt have any. And in the B section, there is a G note where it sounds like the vibrato starts, and then actually stops before the next F note. Also, there is a B-flat somewhere in the song that has no vibrato. I think the demo maker was just over-emphasizing the vibrato, hopefully; but that is what my ears were telling me anyway.

#238136 - 07/16/08 05:05 AM Re: new pieces added !!
Dnj Offline

#238137 - 07/16/08 07:18 AM Re: new pieces added !!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I also note a new Vocal Pad sound that sounds pretty good. The strings are as sweet (no pun intended) as ever. Anyone here a difference in the drums?

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#238138 - 07/16/08 07:21 AM Re: new pieces added !!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
hmmm, it looks like they can fit another 50 keys between those pieces - LOL

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#238139 - 07/16/08 09:29 AM Re: new pieces added !!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I hope they are smart enough this time to use the darn aftertouch!
Many effects including and especially vibrato SHOULD be controllable from aftertouch. NOT included in the sample. When it is in the sample you can't turn it off AND t rarely is correctly done (vary's too much from note to note). Don't include any vibrato in the darn samples... I want control of it as I play.

Other things should be controlled by velocity and/or aftertouch. Switches... Nah!

My T2 has some of this screwed up and so does my PA2... can't these guys get this right... it's not rocket science!

Lee

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online