SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#237663 - 07/08/08 08:55 AM Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Dnj Offline

Being T3 is on its way soon.....what do you think the next generation S Series keyboards will have?

#237664 - 07/08/08 09:31 AM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've been pretty hard on Yammie over the years regarding their PSR line, but the only thing I felt the (S) Series could use is a better quality set of pitch/mod wheels. Sounds and Styles are great. I was glad to see the cheesy painted buttons gone, but they're still using cheap quality wheels.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#237665 - 07/08/08 10:39 AM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Well, for starters
a) a better location for the usb input.
b) a hard drive option

that's it for me.

#237666 - 07/08/08 12:12 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
76 keys? NOT....
A better keybed? NOT....
A better harmonizer? ... NOT....

S900 is already the 'trickle down' T2. It's going to be a few years before we get a 'trickle down' T3, IMO.

#237667 - 07/08/08 12:20 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
76 keys? NOT....
A better keybed? NOT....
A better harmonizer? ... NOT....

76 keys

Ah, never mind we have a better chance of hitting a Power Ball jackpot or Megamillions or whatever they call it where you live

#237668 - 07/08/08 01:24 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
The most important part of any keyboard is the key-bed.

That being agreed on , the only thing that will bring the "S" series to where it should be for the price point of the S900 would be the inclusion of the FSX key-bed with after touch.

Without a good working surface , ( key-bed ) you might as well not have any SA voices at all.

IMO

Gary 

#237669 - 07/08/08 01:25 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Well, for starters
a) a better location for the usb input.
b) a hard drive option

that's it for me.

I agree a better input location for all to one side or the other for sure.

#237670 - 07/08/08 01:27 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
The most important part of any keyboard is the key-bed.

That being agreed on , the only thing that will bring the "S" series to where it should be for the price point of the S900 would be the inclusion of the FSX key-bed with after touch.

Without a good working surface , ( key-bed ) you might as well not have any SA voices at all.

IMO

Gary 

In Yamaha's eyes the S series is a hugh selling success...so they must be doing something right & the customers love it or they wouldn't buy it.

#237671 - 07/08/08 01:45 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Yes Donny that is true , but you yourself know the importance of a good key-bed.

That is why the T-3 will be huge , just the simple fact that is has the better key-bed is a very big plus.

To use the SA voices to there full potential an expressive key-bed is needed and the S series key-bed is just not built for that kind of velocity and expression.

You will be getting a T-3 , if you like the Yamaha OS and it`s features.

I like them too

Later

Gary 

#237672 - 07/08/08 01:50 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
In Yamaha's eyes the S series is a hugh selling success...so they must be doing something right & the customers love it or they wouldn't buy it.

Makes you wonder why they would bring out another model at all, then, if it is already perfect...

That's the whole point of new models... either they improve on the original, or they are just sucking you out of money for sucking's sake (and that sucks, doesn't it? )

Might as well not improve anything YOU'D like as well, with that rationale, Donny... It sells well enough with a fragile and impractical USB location, without Transpose as an MFD parameter, without a HD location, with a shitty vocalizer, etc., etc.. They obviously know what they are doing...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online