Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#237418 - 07/03/08 08:17 PM Alesis Fusion6HD..pros and cons
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am about to purchase this board..
Any experiences with the Fusion..
Can you give me Pro's and con's..

It seems to be a very deep editable keyboard..with a decent sampler and 8 track audio..

And now the price is right..

I would appreciate input..I plan to buy it by noon tomorrow..

One of the features I am planning..use the board to play back wav backing tracks..
I do not know if this is feasible..playing direct from hard drive....but I will find out soon enough...unless someone already has the answer..

#237419 - 07/03/08 09:42 PM Re: Alesis Fusion6HD..pros and cons
ocomain Offline

Fran, you should find your answer here:
http://www.promusicproducts.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php

#237420 - 07/03/08 09:55 PM Re: Alesis Fusion6HD..pros and cons
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I am about to purchase this board..
Any experiences with the Fusion..
Can you give me Pro's and con's..

It seems to be a very deep editable keyboard..with a decent sampler and 8 track audio..

And now the price is right..

I would appreciate input..I plan to buy it by noon tomorrow..

One of the features I am planning..use the board to play back wav backing tracks..
I do not know if this is feasible..playing direct from hard drive....but I will find out soon enough...unless someone already has the answer..

#237421 - 07/04/08 07:23 AM Re: Alesis Fusion6HD..pros and cons
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ohhh, for the love of all that is holy Fran, DO NOT BUY THIS SYNTH! I used to own the 6HD. Holy Crap! Alesis should have never released that synth. The entire Fusion line suffers from a list of software bugs.., and the list just goes on.

There are also some serious hardware issues. Some owners have issues with their units overheating, the 6HD has had many complaints filed regarding inconsistent velocity between the black and white keys, the 8HD has a design flaw with the keybed that causes some of the black keys to smack the upper panel upon return. There are issues of failing screens, pitch/mod wheels...ect.

Fran, take the money you'd spend on that and get something else. Trust me... I think you'll regret the purchase. The Fusion regardless of what the members say at the Fusion Forum-it is not a workstation. No pattern sequencer..., when it was first released there wasn't even loop recording available. I didn't care for the acoustic presets either. Alesis should drop all the recording features on the Fusion.., and just redesign it as a stand alone synth and not a workstation.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#237422 - 07/04/08 03:13 PM Re: Alesis Fusion6HD..pros and cons
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Fran ...do not buy ...horrible

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online