SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#237349 - 07/02/08 08:48 AM Good things come in small packages... ;)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I have been meaning to do this for a while so I guess now is as good as time as any.

This zip file is the complete "customized" Tyros2 Styles 'converted' for use with the Tyros"1". I spent many hours over these to get them to sound their best with the Tyros"1". I thought it especially appropriate to post these now that Donny has himself another T1. How long he has it is quite another thing entirely... Everyone with a Tyros is welcome to download these as well. Enjoy!

Tyros2 Styles Tweaked For Use With The Tyros1

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-02-2008).]

#237350 - 07/02/08 09:44 AM Re: Good things come in small packages... ;)
Dnj Online   content

Mike ...Thanks so much for this surprise present its truly appreciated...I will check these out asap for sure.....

Can you tell us basically what you did to these styles?...I would assume replacing any SA/Mega sounds that are not on the Tyros vs the T2? or......

I think I'll have the TYROS for a long while....even if I get the T3 down the road also.....I just couldn't warm up to the T2 it wasn't a good fit for my needs...I cant explain it yet.

Best Regards

Donny

Here's a few preliminary Tyros VS S900 ...story....Comfort Zone Thoughts I have so far...Tyros VS T2 is another

Better Key-feel/key-bed

Much better quality VH I think its a separate processor, better tracking also at least its now usable

Overall deck design is much more navigational laid out better for my needs on stage, bigger buttons, lights, no sharp corners.

Great BIG TILT Bright DISPLAY with bigger fonts easily readable this is a big PLUS for me.The S900 is the worst viewing display for a sit down singer I've used so far on a KB...I needed to prop up the keyboard a few inches with a Rubber DOORSTOP to see it at a sitting angle Arggggg!!!!

In the Rear the INPUT layout is superb for my rig....inputs are spread out perfectly left & right leaving a space in the MIDDLE!!
This was another concern of mine for these reasons...

I use a APEX deluxe KB stand and teh S900 Mic inputs are dead center which meant I had to pull the keyboard out 3 inches on the tiers to accommodate plugs, which also made the KB off balance & front heavy Arggg!
Tyros for me has all the right positioned inputs!

Great SIDE Grips to pick up the KB & nice lightweight!

Separate MIC Vol Knob on Deck YES!!!

Three RH voices is nice also

there is more I'll get to later but all in all a good improvement for my needs...I forgot why I jumped from 3k to T2 & never tried the original TYROS?
Yes there are a few things I have to workaround like a few SA voices/USB/Floppy's but its way down on my list of priorities for now.

btw: I picked up a pair of Ian's favorite Yamaha MS60 Powered 10" Monitors which sound great...I'll use them on my small gigs....save the Big Guns (Roland 3 way CK100 Cubes 15") for the Larger venues.

Thanx Ian for the heads up.

Carry on

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-02-2008).]

#237351 - 07/02/08 10:29 AM Re: Good things come in small packages... ;)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Mike...I know a few T1 owners that would be interested in these...appreciate for sharing your hard work.

Ian the Grateful

#237352 - 07/02/08 06:13 PM Re: Good things come in small packages... ;)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Mike,

Thanks for these.

Al

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 07-02-2008).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#237353 - 07/02/08 07:10 PM Re: Good things come in small packages... ;)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Donny, just curious, but for a sit down player, don't you find stacking that laptop in front of you like that tends to get in the way of your eye contact and presentation for the audience?

From the picture, it looks like anyone directly in front of you might not see you at all...

#237354 - 07/02/08 08:17 PM Re: Good things come in small packages... ;)
Dnj Online   content

Diki....its just a bad camera angle....
I can see right over the top with no problem at all....and many times I dont even use a laptop for smaller gigs..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online