SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#237219 - 07/28/08 06:09 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Dnj Offline

Oh boy! the Crystal Balls are in FULL FORCE again

#237220 - 07/28/08 06:58 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
Chances are the person who did that demo didn't play it directly on the Tyros 3 from the keyboard. Most often these demos are put together using professional studio musicians with MIDI guitar interfaces and other MIDI converters so that live musicians are playing live parts that are then recorded using the sounds from the instrument. It's a very deceptive and common practice because even if you were a truly gifted incredible player (which most people aren't), mimicking the part directly from the keyboard would be impossible.

If that is what they are doing, it is just so WRONG !!!
t.

#237221 - 07/28/08 06:59 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Dnj Offline

#237222 - 07/28/08 07:35 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
If that is what they are doing, it is just so WRONG!!!

Agreed Tony! Another possibility is they did it all through MIDI programming using Cubase 4.

Or lastly, that Peter Baartmans is a better keyboard player than we give him credit for.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-28-2008).]

#237223 - 07/28/08 08:14 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
If that is what they are doing, it is just so [b]WRONG !!!
t.

[/B]

The manufacturers don't see it as wrong, they see it as marketing at its finest. They figure "so what if you can't play the same thing directly from the instrument", at least if you think you can you'll most likely buy it. This practice is used by nearly every manufacturer and Yamaha is guilty of it too. Peter Baartmans may be a wonderful player but he is sequencing songs on a computer, not any Tyros1, 2, or 3 and making the custom demos for Yamaha on the computer. The Tyros 3 itself is used as nothing more than a sound module. Sad but true.

In some cases many of the built in demos on a keyboard utilize sounds that aren't even present in the factory sound ROM, they are on secondary chips where the demo songs reside. Is it fair for them to do that? Hell no! Once again if you don't know then you're none the wiser and what you don't know won't hurt you.

#237224 - 07/28/08 09:46 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Oh boy! the Crystal Balls are in FULL FORCE again

Hey Donny, no cloudy balls here!!

(my last post was more "tounge-in-cheek" rather than serious.)

But for all those who ARE waiting for Roland to step up to the plate...fellas, WISHING aint gonna make it happen ya know!!! No matter how hard you try.

D

#237225 - 07/28/08 10:05 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Wishing don't make anything happen...

You get what you get, when they get it to you. No sooner, no later...

Most of the TOTL stuff operates on about a three year cycle, so most everybody's close to it. But me, I run a MUCH longer cycle than that (unless something blows up!). I can wait a cycle or two more before I NEED a new arranger.

I guess that's the telling question, isn't it? Do you WANT a new arranger, or do you NEED a new arranger..?

Me, I try to be honest with myself (and my bank manager!)... I probably NEED to try to play better, a lot more than I NEED a new arranger.

How about you?

#237226 - 07/28/08 11:01 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I probably NEED to try to play better, a lot more than I NEED a new arranger.

How about you?

Absolutely +1 to that !!

D

#237227 - 07/28/08 11:59 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Just heard the new Yamaha sample (number 3); I'm not impressed. I'm still waiting to hear a good standard kit drum set from Yamaha.

#237228 - 07/29/08 01:47 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Ensnareyou:
It's truly shocking what you are trying to tell here! Perhaps Wersi uses the methods you describe but there is one thing I know for sure : The Yamaha Tyros(x) demo's are played without external instruments, sequencers of whatever.
Why should they? ..... this is the way Tyros3 sounds and is playable for all real keyboardists.

It's obvious you are a Wersi-fan, but your statement 'Wersi can do it much better' makes me smile.... please wake up!

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online