SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#237151 - 07/02/08 06:15 AM Re: PC GERUS...Help needed Hard Drive problem...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:
I can understand why people can stick by the medium range and older machines because if you treat them good ie. creative setups and playing technique they will sound every bit as good, or as near as makes no difference and fit for purpose. It's a bit more difficult to see why you'd actually PREFER a Ty1 to Ty2 though. Is it because you Pro guys use so much amplification which creates a sort of sonic level playing field at venues where all contending Yamaha models sound equal?

Maybe most people who are in a position to notice a difference in hi-fi quality between models and get any actual benefit are home users?

No snides, just curious

John

John its not always the sound but the comfort zone & navagational features on stage performing.

#237152 - 07/02/08 06:17 AM Re: PC GERUS...Help needed Hard Drive problem...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Donny,
Here is a link to a 40gig drive that will work with your Tyros.
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=t...snum=1&ct=title

I wouldn't think it is much of a job to just replace the hard drive. Getting things restored from the old drive is another story. Often impossible. Google for software that reads problem drives - you might have some luck.

Good luck,
Hammer

hammer thanx ...I picked of one of these
http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=414

#237153 - 07/02/08 06:53 PM Re: PC GERUS...Help needed Hard Drive problem...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Donny, tell me you didn't go to Catholic school. What the hell is a "gerus"??? It took me until today to figure out you meant "gurus." For the life of me I thought you were referring to a brand name or something. Either I'm slipping on my translating skills (taught 8th grade English and spelling for 33 yrs)or you guys are coming up with some way out words.

#237154 - 07/02/08 08:22 PM Re: PC GERUS...Help needed Hard Drive problem...
Dnj Offline

Cass my younger sister went to catholic school, I wasn't allowed Playing Music was the only thing on my mind....
I finally graduated High School at 32 yrs old only because the Lovely Nancy made me go back to school ... Wow!! what a graduation party we had too

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-03-2008).]

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online