SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#236616 - 06/22/08 06:30 AM styles for pa500
littledoctor66 Offline

Loc: Niagara, Wi USA
As newbee Here I am not yet familiar with the way things are done with mu keyboard.. I have a friend helping me get started and that means a lot to me... but one thing I would like to know there are some styles on her Pq800 that I don't have... is it possible to copy thosr styles and add them to my kayboard.... would be interested in any help or answer in this area...
Littledoctor66

#236617 - 06/22/08 06:33 AM Re: styles for pa500
littledoctor66 Offline

Loc: Niagara, Wi USA
I am sorry there are a bunch of typos in my previous post it should read

As newbee Here I am not yet familiar with the way things are done with my keyboard.. I have a friend helping me get started and that means a lot to me... but one thing I would like to know there are some styles on her Pa800 that I don't have... is it possible to copy those styles and add them to my keyboard.... would be interested in any help or answer in this area...
Littledoctor66

[This message has been edited by littledoctor66 (edited 06-22-2008).]

#236618 - 06/22/08 07:11 AM Re: styles for pa500
Dnj Offline

Try saving the PA800 styles needed to a USB Thumb Drive....then transfer them to your PA500 & put them in empty style slots. The manual or Instructional Korg Pa DVDs will explain the process further.

good luck

#236619 - 06/22/08 04:55 PM Re: styles for pa500
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
I think the PA500 uses SD card not thumb drives??
Principle is similar, Doc, get Paula to save them to a PC then copy them to an sd card .
A lot of newer PC's have sd card slots inbuilt, if not, an inexpensive sd card reader would not go astray.
Also if you do buy an sd card, you don't need one with heaps of memory. Styles don't take up much space.

In my case with the PA800 I use thumb drives, I've got 3. I like to keep plenty of backups of my data, just in case a thumb drive gets faulty.
I used to do the same with my sd cards for my KN7000. A couple of cards at least for backup.

For the PA800 I can transfer styles etc directly to a PC via a USB cable. Same may go for the PA500? I find the portability of a usb thumb drive ( in your case an sd card) far easier.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Try saving the PA800 styles needed to a USB Thumb Drive....then transfer them to your PA500 & put them in empty style slots. The manual or Instructional Korg Pa DVDs will explain the process further.

good luck

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#236620 - 06/23/08 05:01 AM Re: styles for pa500
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
Doc...I think we can work this out and Rikki and all are lots of help you just bring that baby blue here, and we will have a ball I love my pa800 thanks Rikki and every one on this forum for your help when posting I follow the forums closley...Paula

#236621 - 10/28/08 02:25 PM Re: styles for pa500
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Rikki, thinking about PA800/500... I would like to know if are true these specs of them:
1. You can't listen or play styles from usbdrive or card directly (as you may in roland or yamahas). First, you must load external styles into the user area of keyboard, and then you may play them. If so, it is a bad thing if you want to listen a lot of styles to see if you love or not them.
2. You can't load a only style (as you may in rolands or yamahas), but a set of styles(which have commun drums,,,).
Thanks

#236622 - 10/28/08 02:37 PM Re: styles for pa500
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Arthaher,
you actually have to load either a single style or a .set of styles ( a style .set can have up to 32 styles) into a user area of the keyboard. The PA800 has a "Favourites" as well as User style slots for loading your own styles
The PA500 can load user styles, but I think it only has the "User" slots area , not the Favourites. Double check that yourself as I own a PA800 not a PA500.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Artaher:
Rikki, thinking about PA800/500... I would like to know if are true these specs of them:
1. You can't listen or play styles from usbdrive or card directly (as you may in roland or yamahas). First, you must load external styles into the user area of keyboard, and then you may play them. If so, it is a bad thing if you want to listen a lot of styles to see if you love or not them.
2. You can't load a only style (as you may in rolands or yamahas), but a set of styles(which have commun drums,,,).
Thanks

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#236623 - 10/28/08 04:25 PM Re: styles for pa500
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
You can also load single styles into the "empty" spaces into the "factory" style section, I have done this since my Pa60 and now \with the PA800-500.
Korg and Ketron, that I know, are the only 2 manufacturers that allow the user to customize their keyboard allowing to change, add or replace styles in the factory style area.
Before you do it to your Korg, you must do:

1.-Press Media
2.-PRESS Preferences
3.- Uncheck the Factory Style & Pad Protect and then you can load the styles.
I suggest the single style instead the entire bank, and you choose the location for each one in the category that you want.
Enjoy it.

Manuel

------------------
mdorantes

#236624 - 10/28/08 04:48 PM Re: styles for pa500
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Roland's can quite easily replace styles in the ROM area.

Unfortunately, due to a dumb design limitation, you can't rename them... If you are content to remember that StyleX is now StyleY (and just use registrations to call them up) it's not a big deal, but for most of us that would get confusing, to say the least. OTOH, most of the styles are named undescriptive names anyway, so Sunshine Bossa could be ANY Bossa, and no-one would care (unless someone else sits in on your G70!).

BUT.... one thing you CAN do is edit the ROM style to exactly the way you want it, including OTS's. Re-voice it, remix it, change some of the style Parts to different Parts, etc., and then replace the ROM style. Outstanding!

Not quite as good as the Korg's method, true... but not exactly chopped liver, either

#236625 - 10/28/08 05:57 PM Re: styles for pa500
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Upss....

I forgot to mention that I did that when I ran out of available user memory for the styles....
Is very practical and a way to "extend" your keyboard user memory in the styles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online