SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#236574 - 06/21/08 01:34 PM My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Dnj Offline

I've made up my mind & I'm sticking to it !!!! Bring it on!

#236575 - 06/21/08 01:39 PM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Even with a crappy harmonizer? And no speakers?

OK, The Amazing Kreskin predicts...

Donny will get the T3. Praise it unceasingly until the day he sells it to get an Audya, which he will praise unceasingly until he sells it to go back to the NEXT PSR incarnation, whereupon, he will settle down until the PA3X Pro comes out...

Rinse and repeat

#236576 - 06/21/08 06:41 PM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
zuki Offline

hahahha.....

Donny, your chance to explain why...we're all ears

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#236577 - 06/21/08 07:04 PM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Dnj Offline

Well for now all I can go by is what we already have regarding Yamaha arrangers & all the models I've owned so far. The MFD I can live without the transpose save if its not incorporated in T3 hoping it is....
I would assume at least the same key-bed as T2 which I enjoyed alot. Tilt display is a must compared to my S900. VH is another story if its not improved I will be using an outboard unit like TC Helicon harmony 4. lets face it No arranger on the market now or in the future is ever gonna have it all.... so you weigh Your NEEDS Plus/Minus & see whats best for you. I know what I've had already & sold is NOT for me for many reasons....But Yamaha's sounds, styles, support, weighs heavily in the mix for sure.
Now whatever else will be added into T3...eg: drawbars, etc, etc, will sweeten the pot for sure we'll see but as of TODAY that is my choice.

#236578 - 06/21/08 11:12 PM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Donnie - Right on! Spoken like a true Yamaha convert! There's no question that ALL the boards represented on this forum each have great features. I am amazed when I hear the neat stuff coming from the Rolands and Korgs and the next generation for all of them will just give us more to water our eyes and ears. I've settled into the Yamaha world and (due to the hassles of changing operating systems) I'll likely stick with Yamaha. Can't say yet that I'll be getting a T3, but I won't be surprised if I do.

Looking forward to hearing the hype and seeing the underground photos.

Such a fun time we live in!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#236579 - 06/22/08 01:01 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
. I've settled into the Yamaha world and (due to the hassles of changing operating systems) I'll likely stick with Yamaha.
Randy

Right on Randy. That's my basic position. Even as I still dream of new and different toys by Korg and Roland and.... I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth changing to learn and unlearn unless some other instrument is really a monster and none of the TOTAL demos and features that I've seen have surpassed what I've got now which of course is a T2. Heck, all the converted Korg and Roland styles are out there anyway, IF anyone wants to get into that mess. Me, I'd rather pick an onboard style close to what I want and play music and screw the programing and button pushing

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Tyros 3 comes out. I wonder how many of those that jumped the fence for another brand will be jumping back into the Yamaha again having to redo all of the frickin work they spent hours and hours doing. Nope not me, not ever.

P.S. If I ever jump ship to another brand don't show me this post.haha

Scott

#236580 - 06/22/08 04:00 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
Donnie - Right on! Spoken like a true Yamaha convert! There's no question that ALL the boards represented on this forum each have great features. I am amazed when I hear the neat stuff coming from the Rolands and Korgs and the next generation for all of them will just give us more to water our eyes and ears. I've settled into the Yamaha world and (due to the hassles of changing operating systems) I'll likely stick with Yamaha. Can't say yet that I'll be getting a T3, but I won't be surprised if I do.

Looking forward to hearing the hype and seeing the underground photos.

Such a fun time we live in!

Randy

Randy.....geat website I enjoyed your songs welldone & the Fish too

#236581 - 06/22/08 04:57 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
In Dnj defence. What no one appear to mention is that if you are gigging for a living or as an addition to your normal day job. Moving from one brand of board to another is all part of the pleasure and basically - hopefully is being paid for with gigging fees.

Here in the UK when the time comes at the old age you have to go into a nursing home....then the nursing home will take it if you have not already spent it....

#236582 - 06/22/08 05:14 AM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Dnj Offline

Hi Graham how have you been?...

Switching KB's is something I have done since I was a kid.....learning a new OS is no big deal once you get familiar with them all its not rocket science just a bit of logical musical sense, ask a few questions, do some hands on investigating & your on your way. Of course as a gigging Pro purchasing new gear is part of the game as is any business equipment. I'm a singer first and a player second of which I use the arranger KB as my backup band utilizing styles, RH comps & leads sounds, smf, mp3 tracks, to make it all happen on stage every night......Yamaha at this time seems to be the most proficient tool to accomplish this for my needs even though there is the need for workarounds to make it flow seamlessly. People can talk all they want.....eventually they have to PLAY & make music & My Ears will tell me everything as always

#236583 - 06/22/08 03:06 PM Re: My Next Arranger will be a TYROS 3.....
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
In Dnj defence. What no one appear to mention is that if you are gigging for a living or as an addition to your normal day job. Moving from one brand of board to another is all part of the pleasure and basically - hopefully is being paid for with gigging fees.

Here in the UK when the time comes at the old age you have to go into a nursing home....then the nursing home will take it if you have not already spent it....

Graham, great philosophy!! Life's too short so you may as well spend it on keyboards And as you say the gigs usually pay for it.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-22-2008).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online