Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#236553 - 06/23/08 10:22 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Diki,
sorry , I must have missed something.

Possibly one reason why software like One Man Band or Livestyler isn't far more popular. $50 piece of software & you can play psr styles in realtime. Only problem is the styles need tweaking to suit the soundsource one's using.
After a couple of years decided it was easier to just buy an arranger again. At least I had a core set of factory styles, whatever else I need, I just put together myself. Unfortunately in my Stylemaking group, I discovered that only about 1% of members were actually inclined to tweak , convert or create their own. I think there were 3 of us out of roughly 300.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diki:
[B]
It's painfully obvious that Dom has never done any serious market research, and asked the question 'How many players make ALL their own styles?', because if he had, he would realize what a pitifully tiny number that is, and how important it would be for HIM to make great styles the #1 priority of his company...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#236554 - 06/23/08 10:51 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
somehow connected to what you're saying guys... i wonder how come there was no "full-package" coming from OMB or LiveStyler so far? i mean software with a dedicated hardware, made into an arranger form, or as a module.
all they need is a plastic box, a 12" touch screen, and some parts inside! and they would be far ahead (or at least there are serious chances) of traditional arranger makers.

#236555 - 06/24/08 12:07 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dom
The Wersi is an open system, and although initially a high price, (The longer you keep it the cheaper it becomes as you don’t need to change the board every 2 or 3 years) they still sell with no problems whatsoever in the West.(Very few people who try them live are disappointed, and most are amazed at their capabilities)
However they do not market it at computer geeks, (ASIO, Linux, jacks etc) but to ordinary uses that wouldn’t have a clue what you were talking about anyway. (Considerable amounts of money have been spent on R & D to make sure that all the technology onboard, becomes invisible, allowing you to jump on and play as if it was a hardware board)
So come on Dom, forget going on about ASIO, 24bit etc and just make it as easy to operate as a Tyros 2, Korg PA etc, you will then be able to encourage style makers to produce the styles required, and the uses to really see the potential. (Wersi works with a top German style company (Who also make styles for Roland, Yamaha and Korg) for the OAA styles, as while the OAS styles are good, uses these days want even more)
Wersi instruments are also used in concert halls, stadiums, and clubs and believe it or not even in the home, so the market for an easy to use open board is there. (In spite of what others try to make you believe)
I hope the above helps you to understand the current market, and how to proceed for the future.

Hi Adimatis
TMS Banda (Tornado Music Systems) in Germany produced what you have suggested for many years, using the LiveStyler software.
Regards

Bill

#236556 - 06/24/08 12:25 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Rikkisbears. All he would have to do is ship a MS to the style maker and let him accustom himself to the instrument and get to work. If Dom likes what he hears, he leaves the instrument with the style maker and he continues to make styles. But i am now having second thoughts.

If a guy is so blind that he cant see a great commercial opportunity then who am i to tell him different ? I must stop trying to convince people i am right. They wil work that out all by themselves some day :-)There are other opportunities for this style maker anyway right where he started on the Korg Forum.

#236557 - 06/24/08 07:03 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Let us just say that the Korg guy started out with the benefit of a well developed and balanced sound-set to make the Korg style. He may not have that luxury on the MS...

#236558 - 06/24/08 08:21 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
You know that i'm not a styles makers..no time here for compose styles..

Anyway, for test development I have edited one simple roland style, deleted the midi drums tracks and drag in qranger some audio loops from Loopsmaster UK.
just made in 20 minute..need a lot of time to choose what audio file to drag...no more editing: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/styles/clubbossaloops.mp3

is just one example, but will shown that the audio parts are working too.
here the shoot of Qranger for this style: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/styles/clubbossaloop.jpg

The audio library is this one: http://www.loopmasters.com/sampleshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=LMOS_11
so Diki please..do not start to blame again that the audio loops are poor...because is not my fault..
if you have to criticize the audio quality, just contact loopmaster and tell they how to record the audio file..
IF the midi tracks are poor, is not my fault too...Roland composer...

enjoy what you play...

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 06-24-2008).]

#236559 - 06/25/08 12:14 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
Magica Alfa Offline

If you not open your mind until now, than is something wrong with you.

Is it not great opportunity to copy all good applicable styles and sounds from your old keyboard on one new machine and change all bad points with new better in only some minutes?

Dom says only 20 minutes for one style. If you are having 20 different for hole gig than is something wrong with you. (Yes you are using different variations and sounds only that and I thing most of you guys are playing only on 10 styles)

How many of you are want to use new styles. It
is only traditional styles that are using all people over the world. You need to find your personalization in MS. That is point and if you are still poor in knowledge than are here friend on net that can help you. You can really believe me.

I’m really happy that I’m user of MS. All guys who test my MS are really says that is incredible good and full of new advantages that can no other keyboard can offer for this money.

Best regards.

Magica ALFA

[This message has been edited by Magica Alfa (edited 06-25-2008).]

#236560 - 06/25/08 02:26 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Adimatis,
I think Jos has just left OMB open so that it can be used with any soundsource.
Great if you're happy creating or editing styles, not so good if you want to load psr styles and use them as is.
There isn't ( as far as I'm aware)a soundmodule or softsynth that is 100% compatible with psr styles.
I used mine with soundfonts ( editing required) &/or my Clavinova's xg soundset. Even then a certain amount of tweaking was required & my Clav doesn't have megavoices.

I all but gave up when my laptop died, & my replacement early dual core didn't do as well with the sounfonts as my earlier one did.
nteresting experience though, got it on hold for the time being. Might look at it again next time I get a new computer.
I prefer using softsynths with it.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by adimatis:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#236561 - 06/25/08 02:44 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
well if you put it that way,
me, it would probably suit perfectly, I luv experimenting & fiddling round with styles etc.

Hopefully there's enough people out there willing to do the same.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
[B]If you not open your mind until now, than is something wrong with you.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#236562 - 06/25/08 03:43 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi,
well if you put it that way,
me, it would probably suit perfectly, I luv experimenting & fiddling round with styles etc.

Hopefully there's enough people out there willing to do the same.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
[B]If you not open your mind until now, than is something wrong with you.

Rikki
I know that you are one of the best here with PC skill and luv make experiments..

Maybe I can prepare for you ( Free..don't worry..) one special OS 64studio distribution with included the Qranger editor, LS Sampler with the editor and Qsampler ready to load the Mediastation sampler setup.
I can give you my new Giga soundbankGM2 V.4 and then you are ready to make audio-midi styles available also for the Mediastation format.

About the soundfont...forget it because is a totally OLD format and without the all midi CC controllers that we need now for GM/GS or XG format.

Maybe, with my new Giga soundsbank and with your PC skill, you can organize one new XG GIGA soundbank under Qsampler and editing the missing sounds with the Gigaeditor.

Think about..under this way you can make some nice money too..
let me know

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online