SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#236533 - 06/21/08 03:25 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Simple question, Dom... Why can't you put up a demo that sounds as good as a T2? (Or a G70, or a PA2X, etc.)

16,00 BAD styles doesn't impress anyone. 300 KILLER ones will...

It's as easy as that...

#236534 - 06/22/08 08:20 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
while i can understand the explanation, that thas not really help. the object of an arranger are mainly the styles and sounds. if these are weak, or unbalanced, or unedited, or whatever, nothing else really mathers.

#236535 - 06/22/08 01:14 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
The problem Dom is that every answer you give is about a future developement of the instrument that will make it sound better..... How many times have i heard this line in the 3-4 years i have been on the synthzone and yet still with all the sales talk my ears tell me the MS is not an arranger that i could use.

I dont want to discourage you. I have never tried to do that. All i will say is that you need to try hard at keeping your focus on what arranger players want. The 'openess' of the instrument means nothing to us. Ask the guys who are lining up to sell their Pa1X's to get the latest greatest Pa2X or the T2 owners chomping at the bit to get the T3. You are selling a musical instrument Dom. That means it has to sound like a great musical instrument. Not a mixer, sampler, DVD player , Midi file player . If you get the bread and butter stuff right then the rest is just gravy. Best of luck

#236536 - 06/22/08 01:32 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Dom i have the answer to your problems !!

Click on this link . and then play the last style ' me and Mrs Jones'. it was created by a guy on the Korg site. I am listening to it now and it is simply amazing. Ask the guy who programmed it to write styles for you. Pay him whatever he asks. You would be very foolish to miss this genuine opportunity.

Best of luck
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=239592#239592

#236537 - 06/22/08 02:32 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
Dom i have the answer to your problems !!

Click on this link . and then play the last style ' me and Mrs Jones'. it was created by a guy on the Korg site. I am listening to it now and it is simply amazing. Ask the guy who programmed it to write styles for you. Pay him whatever he asks. You would be very foolish to miss this genuine opportunity.

Best of luck
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=239592#239592

/AGREE

Thats possibly the best of the best styles we ever heard.... Just sweet and awesome...

If you can talk that guy intoo programming MS styles, you'll have a winner for sure.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#236538 - 06/22/08 03:10 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Wonder how long it took him to create it, as it sounds like a hell of a lot of work has gone into it.

Bill

#236539 - 06/22/08 11:58 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
There's so much work put into that style that it probably took forever to get it to that point. I've never heard any style that was so detailed and song specific. Any manufacturer would do well to have this guy make custom styles for them but it would take months if not years to do hundreds of styles that are as complex as this one is. The cost alone would be astronomical and it would increase the price of the arranger significantly.

As many people as I've seen complain here about the cost of a $1500-$2500 arranger I doubt they'd pony up to pay hundreds if not thousands more just because the arranger came loaded with great styles.

#236540 - 06/23/08 01:40 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
Magica Alfa Offline

I agree with Ensnareyou. Who wants to pay for perfect style?
musician only. Or Musicians without knowledge of making and tweaking styles.

Styles are only one part of keyboard. If you are good musician than you need to tweak in any kind of keyboard also styles even they are as you guys says so perfect.

I’m really disappointed with some members here because they are still on point of view from 10 years ago. If the keyboard is not well known name, than you need to say many things against it and try to convince other members that this is bad product.

How many of you test MS and see advantages of it?

If somebody of you will play on MS like me on live performance for longer time and see all advantages of this keyboard, than will not complain about how BAD are styles or sounds. I’m really happy with it because I’m having perfect tool and I can use it as I want. I know that is sound much, much better than other brands and ONCE MORE I’m happy.

Enjoy in triad and in your fight against good things.

#236541 - 06/23/08 01:50 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Yes, really GOOD composed! seem alyways that we Italian we have a good felling and taste for compose music..
the styles are good composed BUT sounds always with poor dymanic pressure, typical Korg.

Ensnareyou, I agree with you.
Why I have to offer this complex and expensive style IF then the big brands with a lot of money will not offer?
The Yamaha Tyros 3 will the best arranger, then ask they to include this professional amazing styles too, OR they are not able to compose styles like this??

Under mediastation I can have another possibility, BUT is not the best way...
We can also clone ( record) in one wav file for each Chords,the all patterns and then under qranger set only the marker points like we make with the EMC styles.

Pro:
Cloned at 1/1 the same sounds and quality style in about 20/30 minute of work.
Minus:
No possibility to manage the midi tracks volumes and sounds..
Need multiple Note root key for reduce the Elastique pitch shift range.

Is NOT the best way..but under MS is all possible.
Enjoy what you play...

#236542 - 06/23/08 03:33 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger gets closer to Fruition
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
so let me get this straight. You spend 4 years producing an arranger that has styles that no one can use or wants to buy (in the western world) but you wont invest in a style maker that could take 6-12 months to produce great styles that people will buy ???? (Ps if he can make song specific styles to this detail he can make less song specific styles) Opportunity knocks and you are too deaf and tunnelled visioned to see it. I can see you are a man of great vision.....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online