SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#23651 - 04/12/00 04:53 AM service/parts-Rhodes 760 mfc by Roland
Anonymous
Unregistered

I own a Rhodes 760 mfc by Roland (no longer manufactured since early 1990s)along with 7 Roland PCM cards none of which I can use because the variation keys are dysfunctional. It is a beautiful instrument but also has a bunch of sticky, non-functional patch and part keys plus I can't access all the 128 internal sounds because the variation keys (tone dump & patch dump keys) aren't working.
I live in Montreal. Could I get it fixed by someone who doens't know this particular synth? Can I purchase spec's so a technician who is not familiar with it could fix it? Do dedicated parts, if needed, still exist? Can it be repaired? Before I pay $40 to get an opinion if it can even be repaired at all, I'd like to have an idea if there is hope to get my instrument back in good shape. Thank you any and all for your tips and suggestions! Mary.

#23652 - 04/12/00 08:17 PM Re: service/parts-Rhodes 760 mfc by Roland
Sean P Offline

Hi Mary,

According to what I have been told, a competent technician can fix a synth that he is not familiar with as long as he has the schematics of that synth.

To get the schematics, either you or the technician will have to contact Roland to request for the schematics.

In regard to the parts needed for replacement, you need to check with Roland in advance to see if they are still available.

Good luck,

Sean

[This message has been edited by Sean P (edited 04-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sean P (edited 04-12-2000).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online