SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#236481 - 06/20/08 03:46 PM PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Does anyone know of an easy way to get rid of handclaps in a smf? Do you know what note it is or what it is supposed to be? can I transpose it?
I know I can probaly figure it out and it's probably been discussed before but I figure if anyone has a shortcut they would like to share...thanks.

#236482 - 06/20/08 03:57 PM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
Dnj Offline

Yamaha is one of the worst when It comes to this problem with Hand Claps in SMF playback where other KB's dont do it. I had this problem many times it is so annoying and a pain in the butt caused by wrong Yamaha GM drum assignments. You can do it in SONG CREATOR in the keyboard ....event by event....open the song and go to track 10.....and delete "each note that represents the hand-clap" all the way thru the song then just re-save.....or you'll have to use a Midi editing program like Sonar Cakewalk, etc etc & go into Micro event edit to isolate the clap & remove it.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-20-2008).]

#236483 - 06/20/08 06:56 PM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There are a couple programs that will do this. One is Midi-Fix, which is available from Michael Bedesem. The other was made by Jorgen Sorensen, but I cannot remember the name of the program. Just a couple mouse clicks solves the problem.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#236484 - 06/20/08 11:30 PM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not to be much of a smartass (seems I am too much of that already ), but for all the Roland bashing going on here, nobody tends to talk about the style and sequence editing capabilities built right into the keyboard, and easy to operate, to boot. Something as utterly basic as this is the easiest thing in the world to fix on a Roland.

No external programs, no transferring files around, none of that. Every style, every SMF, you can easily open up the drumkit, and assign a different sound (anything in the kit you want) to any note that is wrong. It is the work of seconds to fix this minor gaff. It is the work of minutes to convert something utterly f*cked up beyond all recognition into something eminently playable.

Definitely one of the Roland's strengths is the ease with which you can do so many tasks (editing styles, editing SMF's, editing in detail anything you want, converting MIDI into styles, editing conversion styles from one manufacturer into another) that most other keyboards need software to achieve...

Food for thought....

#236485 - 06/21/08 04:19 AM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
Dnj Offline

Right you are Diki on the G70 tools a;though he is obviously asking about a yamaha PRS unit.....BUT Roland really needs to Lighten up the KB.
Simply its too heavy for every day in & out use from my needs & add TOTL 61 keys to their models.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-21-2008).]

#236486 - 06/21/08 06:42 AM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
mikeathome1 Offline

Thanks to Gary and Donny,
I have found when you transpose the claps up one octave it is a nice ride cymbal.
At least with the limited smfs I've done so far.
I use powertracks pro and it's easy to transpose just the one note in the track, as I'm sure you guys know.

And of course Diki, your lack of knowledge on so many topics continues to amaze me but thanks for hijacking yet another thread that has nothing to do with your reply.
It must be terribly lonely for you late at night so that you feel you have to reply just for the sake of replying, whether you know anything about the topic or not.

Food for thought....

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 06-21-2008).]

#236487 - 06/21/08 09:03 AM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Right you are Diki on the G70 tools a;though he is obviously asking about a yamaha PRS unit.....BUT Roland really needs to Lighten up the KB.
Simply its too heavy for every day in & out use from my needs & add TOTL 61 keys to their models.

[This message has been edited by Dnj

(edited 06-21-2008).]

The Roland E-50 already answered that bell..

Same cover and make up tools..

#236488 - 06/21/08 10:35 AM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
mikeathome1 Offline

Couldn't find an e 50 or anyone that sells them or owns one. Would have loved to look at the Roland because I know from experience nobody does the midi files better.
Remember Fran I asked you a couple weeks ago about a Roland, I think it was the discover we were talking about.

#236489 - 06/21/08 11:12 AM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mike I sold both my DisCover5 keyboard and my DisCover5 M Module...They are great units for standard midi play and a terrific vocalizer...but are not arrangers..

I didn't miss a beat going to the G70..

Also the E-60 [76] would be my next logical choice..if you do not need a mic input..

#236490 - 06/21/08 11:22 AM Re: PSR easy way to get rid of handclaps?
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
Thanks to Gary and Donny,

And of course Diki, your lack of knowledge on so many topics continues to amaze me but thanks for hijacking yet another thread that has nothing to do with your reply.
It must be terribly lonely for you late at night so that you feel you have to reply just for the sake of replying, whether you know anything about the topic or not.

Food for thought....

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 06-21-2008).]

Give him some credit. He had to work hard to get 3376 posts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online