SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#236407 - 06/19/08 09:01 AM online lessons available
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Hey guys,

I thought I'd let everyone know that I am starting to teach private lessons online now. So, if any of you know of anyone wantin to take private lessons with an experienced player and teacher (and arranger player) online all they need is a webcam (Walmart - $20) and they can take lessons from the privacy of their own home.

For more information on me, check out my new page at www.virtualartists.com/korg4god

Feel free to contact me at 620-660-1899 or e-mail korg4god@yahoo.com

thanks,

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#236408 - 06/19/08 10:35 AM Re: online lessons available
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Could you explain how exactly you give a lesson online?

#236409 - 06/19/08 11:23 AM Re: online lessons available
korg4god Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Could you explain how exactly you give a lesson online?

It's really easy...I have a webcam, you have a webcam, you pay for lessons, then we log in to our webcams through whatever means ( I use yahoo messenger) at the predetermined lesson time. WE both have copies of the materials and I have a piano next to my computer. I use a mic headset so I'm hands-free and I simply angle the webcam down so students can see the keyboard, finger placement, etc. Using www.virtualartists.com students can keep up with lesson schedule, payments for lessons, progress, I can give assignments, students can access online resources for music, I can upload links and other things to my page and they can communicate various ways. I haven't done it this way just yet so I'll be experimenting with family and friends for free as this thing goes.

Hope that answers your question.

Jeff

Forte Music School

#236410 - 06/19/08 12:40 PM Re: online lessons available
chony Offline

Loc: New York
How could you teach fingering, posture and technique using a webcam? I'm curious about this because when I was a kid I used a computer program called "Miracle" which taught me how to read notes.

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 06-19-2008).]

#236411 - 06/19/08 01:45 PM Re: online lessons available
korg4god Offline

As far as fingering you can see their fingers on webcam and tell them the proper posture to use. They would have to have a piano or keyboard by them during the lesson and I would listen to them and watch them play. I teach a lot on improv and ear training anyway as well as written music

jeff

Forte Music School

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online