SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#236390 - 06/22/08 12:57 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MS DEMO FROM QRANGER - NEW AGE STYLE ARRANGER
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
the problem is partially the sounds Lion Tracs but thats only part of the problem. I have said this many times that having the best available sounds to use in an arranger just complicates matters because the balance and mix ,EQ etc all need to be tweaked to each individual style. Unfortunately none of the styles that i have just listened to come any where close to the big 3 but there is no question that they have improved since i last looked at Lion Tracs. All the styles sound flat. Thats is, they have no dynamics. Listen to them again. They sound like conversion styles because thats what they are. The rock styles are the best example of this. Listen to the guitars and ask yourself if any guitar ever sounded like this ????? It doesnt matter if the best sampled guitar is used . This simply shows that having the best samples available does not mean that you will have the best sounding arranger. And i am not just picking on the mediastation. Exactly tyhe same can be said for tyhe Wersi. I have yet to hear a style from Wersi that could compete with the equivalent style in a yamaha or Korg. Its the programming that makes the difference.They dont sound as natural as the yamaha and Korg series arrangers. On a positive note the Lion Tracs product is improving and although it isnt really a genuine competitor in the western market that does not mean it isnt a successful product in other parts of the world.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 06-22-2008).]

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 06-22-2008).]

#236391 - 06/22/08 04:02 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MS DEMO FROM QRANGER - NEW AGE STYLE ARRANGER
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Spalding,

I agree fully !

#236392 - 06/22/08 08:12 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MS DEMO FROM QRANGER - NEW AGE STYLE ARRANGER
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
Styles like sounds are very personal and my order of preference is:

Roland
Wersi
Korg
Ketron
Yamaha

Now because I have placed the Yamaha last, does this make it a bad arranger, absolutely not, it’s just that it doesn’t give ME the impression that I am listening to a live band.
Does the Roland being at the top mean it’s the best arranger, No, it just means that I find the styles to sound more real then the others.
You ears prefer Korg and Yamaha, however it doesn’t make them any better then the others; it’s just YOUR personal preference.

BTW in case you are interested, sound wise my personal preference is:

Wersi
Korg
Ketron/Roland
Yamaha

Again yours will probably be different. (However it still doesn’t make one better then the other)
Regards

Bill

#236393 - 06/22/08 09:00 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MS DEMO FROM QRANGER - NEW AGE STYLE ARRANGER
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Bill

That is the best explanation that I have heard for a long time..It really sums it up well....Good Job !!!

Thanks

------------------
createsongstyles.com

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online