SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#236313 - 06/18/08 03:31 PM Re: A little help from my friends...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Russ, sorry for dragging my feet but I wanted to make sure that I chose a charity where at least 95% of the donation actually reached the intended recipients and not chewed up by administrative overhead. My first choice is the habitat/Musicians Village project in New Orleans. I just need to check it out more thoroughly as I'm in the process of doing. I'll email you in the next couple of days. Thanks again. BTW, I agree with the whole Russ/politics thing. However, I'm not sure how many old school jazz musicians could be successfully vetted .

chas

#236314 - 06/19/08 07:32 AM Re: A little help from my friends...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, that group sounds perfect if it checks out. I too have a real commitment to Habitat, so the musician/Habitat combination is good!

I will entertain the idea of making a much more substantial donation from my charitable trust if you decide the organization is right (and I believe it probably is). I think it would be $10,000.00. I'll send the personal $100.00 check made out to this group or any other you choose. Just let me know. I'll need your mailing address, which you can send via email.

Thanks so much for your assistance. That's important to me, since, more than most others here, you and I seem politically, musically and intellectually "joined at the hip". I believe your contributions here are well thought out, have substance and are useful. You try to be a "hard ass", but, in the majority of the cases, you're either "dead on" or funny/intellectual as hell! Plus, I have it on good authority that you "play your ASS off"!

See NO REASON AT ALL to be concerned about being nicer. The sentiment in that post (Tim Russert) showed real depth of perception, political awareness and interpersonal sensitivity, you old closet "softee".

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-19-2008).]

#236315 - 06/19/08 07:54 AM Re: A little help from my friends...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks to all early participants. With Don, Chas and Rory's suggestions (in process), that covers 2008. I'll be asking for help later to keep this silly little, but important(to me) project going in 2009 and beyond.

Thanks to all

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-19-2008).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online