SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#236046 - 06/14/08 03:43 AM Wersiworld Back Online
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
At last its back, although still not fully available as it was it is getting there.
Apparently there was a serious Data system failure and so it is taking time to reconstruct it.
Some demos are also now available both old and new, with the one on the home page also featuring some live instruments.
Pop over and have a look and listen
http://www.wersiworld.com/CMS/

Enjoy

Bill

#236047 - 06/14/08 07:46 AM Re: Wersiworld Back Online
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
there are some nice Wersi OAS demos on there Abacus. I really like the Wilbraham Classic. I hope you are not offended when i say that i still have not heard from this instrument in terms of sound why any one would pay three times the cost of a normal keyboard for it ?

If you listen to the last demo Richard Postma CD sound samplepack Pop demo 1 it really is quite poor. My brother just heard me play it and asked if it was a cheap midi file. Wersi would do well to just remove that Demo altogther.

Wersi needs to really showoff what the instrument can do and shake off that old image.

#236048 - 06/14/08 08:30 AM Re: Wersiworld Back Online
abacus Offline

Hi Spalding
Glad you liked it, and as to the last one you mentioned then it should be explained more, or as you say removed, however as where on the subject.
The CD sample disc is an option which contains samples of the Wersi CD line of instruments that were launched in 1987 (Hence the CD in the title) which is why they sound old. However they are still quite popular as witnessed by the fact that they are also available from Pemo for Yamaha and Korg. (Classic Klaus Wunderlich sounds of the 80s and 90s)
BTW If you here demos of the analogue packs, then these are samples of The Famous Wersi Galaxy, Helios and Comet organs from 1977 – 1984, (Again classic Franz Lambert and Klaus Wunderlich sounds from that era) and yes they are also available for Yamaha and Korg from Pemo.
Regards

Bill

#236049 - 06/14/08 01:15 PM Re: Wersiworld Back Online
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ahhhh....

A sample pack so your arranger can sound WORSE than it actually does...

BRILLIANT!

#236050 - 06/15/08 02:55 AM Re: Wersiworld Back Online
abacus Offline

Hi Diki
The sounds of the CD line were classics, (No other manufacture came close to them when they came onto the market) and contrary to what you may believe, boat loads of people still want the sounds of Klaus Wunderlich. (I don’t know of many organists who sold more recordings then Klaus Wunderlich (Millions of them) even in the US, BTW In The Miller Mood was in the US Top 100 albums for ages and ages) and if you do a search on You Tube you will find many demos of them being used in Tyros 2. (The Pemo versions that is)
Remember there is a plethora of different types of music in the world, and just because it doesn’t fit your type of music, doesn’t mean everybody else has to have the same tastes as you.
Regards

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online