SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#236003 - 06/13/08 04:45 PM Gotta start being nicer....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'm a political junkie. I spend probably 8 hrs. a day switching back and forth between CNN and MSNBC. I was absolutely shocked about the sudden and unexpected death of Tim Russert at age 58. Taping a show one minute, dead the next. Very sobering for people in our age group. Most of us are no less vulnerable. Although we can't afford to walk around in a perpetual state of doom and gloom, we should probably give some consideration to what we would like people's last remembrance of us to be should the unexpected happen. I wouldn't be to unhappy if most folks memory of me was "well, he was a little grumpy at times, but basically, he really liked people".

This may be a little too personal for some, but (if you care to answer) how would you like to be remembered?

chas

#236004 - 06/13/08 05:07 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well Chas, after a couple of near death experiences...one from drug addiction, the other from my health problems with chronic diverticulitis, I am pretty much grateful to be here at all.

My attitude has mostly been one of being happy and enjoying the gifts I have, one day at a time.

Sure, life is not always a bowl of cherries, but it doesn't have to be the pits either...

I think I'll be remembered for laughing a lot...and living life very full, but at a relaxed pace(I'm lazy).

Ian

PS...I never watch the news or bother with politics.

#236005 - 06/13/08 05:50 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Chas great post. Although I'm not a political junkie I always admired Tim Russert. I haven't seen many in the media as enthusiastic as Russert was when it came to politics and his involvement. You could almost see him salivating when he was in the thick of things making comments. May he RIP.

#236006 - 06/13/08 06:14 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
zuki Offline

Hence why I play some gigs for $50

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#236007 - 06/13/08 06:24 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
i'm facing death now for the 4th time, great question. for some time , i wanted to be remember for my dedication to my music and the business. how i was so grateful to live this life of music. BUT now that i'm
no longer playing, i've had a chance to learn that life is not just about making the gig,being the best,playin the show biz game,getting the deal etc. i'm seeing life in a different way. life now consists of family get togethers. last year was my 60th birthday and my first birthday party done by my family in my life. i was always on the road playing. watching sunsets in peace with the contentment and the relief and tiredness of someone who has seen many of his fellow musician give up the music for a family life and not understand why they changed. now i see.
i feel like i have been in a war and i'm tired but grateful that i'm able to experience the music life and for now what some some call normal. how do i want to be remembered? i was a terrible husband, father,i put my music above my family and tried to justify it as doing the right thing for survival. i don't think i deserve to be remembered as a husband/father. i know i was a pretty good musician. now as i look at the sunsets i'm grateful that my kids still call me dad and grandpa.i (for the first time) feel at peace. sorry for the long confessional speech. thanks

#236008 - 06/13/08 06:43 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
It’s funny at age 76 I now look back at all the things I felt were so important, they do not seem so important any longer.

My Wife, my children and my music are now at the very top of my list, all the other things were just stuff. I leave my religious out of the equation.

Life is good, John c.

#236009 - 06/14/08 10:33 AM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Nobody that I've ever known has said from their deathbed that they wished they had worked more during their lifetime..

Perspectives change when life's circumstances change and when people get older. What we once thought of as extremely important, and obscured by our obsession for wealth, fame, excessive needs for our family, or whatever else it may have been, has suddenly reversed itself in our later years when health, wealth, fame, and fortune may no longer be our lot in life and death (our own mortality) stares us in the face. Funny how that happens huh?

Instead, you begin to appreciate the simple things in life, and the stress we accumulated from the harried life seems to melt away into traquility and acceptance for a more meaningful and peaceful way of living and with our priorities changed or even completely reversed from what they were previously when we were much younger. But it came about 50 years too late for us to really and truly enjoy it like we would have wanted to if we could only have those 40 or 50 years back.

Hindsight is always 20/20 they say. If we knew then what we know now most of us would have probably done things quite differently then we did.

Moral of the story? Live each day as if it were your last and suddenly you may realize that life's priorities are more than just work, making money, and your temporal possessions. Instead, the love of family, friends, the needs of others, and even the love of life itself becomes more meaningful and important to you, and you begin to realize life isn't really "all about me" and what I can 'get' out of life, but rather, it's about what we can 'give' in return.

Best,
Mike

#236010 - 06/14/08 12:01 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
Dnj Offline

Life is a FIRERACKER......

You Light the fuse when your born.....
& It Blows up when you die!
What will you do In Between?

"Life is Too Short Too Dilly Dally!"

Make it count EVERY DAY YOU WAKE UP!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-14-2008).]

#236011 - 06/14/08 12:09 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I am going to be 45 this year. However, I lost my Dad 27 yrs ago, he was 57. I lost my brother in 2000 , he was 46. I've lost good friends at young ages. This question of
"how I wish to be remembered" led me to getting involved with a Church. At 1st I did it because of my children, than it became a part of me.
I started a contemporary service and give back what talents God has given me. I also started to support a charity ( Ed Block Courage House) ... I started to love my family more and more each and every day.
Every day is precious ... Love,Laugh , Learn, but GIVE, GIVE, GIVE all that you can... By giving, you will be remembered..
That's how I feel.

Peace ... Dan O'

#236012 - 06/14/08 12:33 PM Re: Gotta start being nicer....
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, it would be important for me to be remembered as your acquaintence/friend.

And that would apply to others, including UD, Don, Taiki, Jim (Zuki), Nigel, Chico, Rory and more...

Russ

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online