SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#235713 - 06/09/08 04:53 AM Market research - and a winner is...
Okram Offline

There has been a lot of speculation about market share of current popular arrangers.

May be funny, but I just wanted to see how many hits I get in Google or YouTube. Of course, strictly non scientific, but I find results interesting. I tried to be as neutral as possible so I used different names, like G70, g-70, "g 70" etc. Here are the results:

Google:

1. Yamaha s900 (686.000)
2. Korg Pa800 (465.000)
3. Yamaha Tyros (309.000)
4. Roland G-70 (189.000)

YouTube videos:

1. Korg Pa800 (1.100)
2. Yamaha Tyros (653)
3. Yamaha s900 (159)
4. Roland G-70 (110)

Feel free to comment.

#235714 - 06/09/08 07:35 AM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
Bachus Offline

Sadly all those youtube video's from PA800 are oriental style... This only indicates that there is a large orientall community making PA800 video's and that Korg is very popular in the orient...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235715 - 06/09/08 07:40 AM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
Dnj Offline

Oriental? you mean Arabic, European, Indian etc etc ....you'd be lucky to find an American You Tube PA800 demo on You Tube, but it helps you understand the overall Aranger KB market WORLDWIDE!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=korg+pa800&search_type=&aq=f

Tells ya something eh?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-09-2008).]

#235716 - 06/10/08 12:05 AM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
Okram Offline

yes, one of the conclusions may be that worldwide market shares of some keyboards are sometimes underestimated.

Korg is a typical case. Maybe it is true what they say on their home page that
"Pa80 is the most successful Professional Arranger keyboard ever produced". Maybe Pa800 is also going this way.

#235717 - 06/10/08 12:44 AM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
Nesh Offline

Loc: Jerusalem, Israel
Indeed here in the middle east most popular keyboards are KORG, Ketron and GEM that support Arabic scales and oriental styles. They are also common in the balkans and near east, and in Germany where a large Turkish community exists.

#235718 - 06/10/08 07:13 AM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Absolutely is true according to a friend that is WELL connected to an executive in japan at Korg.

WORLDWIDE...Korg is the best selling arrangers.
Lots of PA's are being sold worldwide. Lots more than you would realize. (middle East etc is huge)

Yamaha is #2...

To me all that doesn't matter... I want what works best for my kind of music and my kind of playing. And is the most fun!

I don't play professionally right now so I just love to play the music I truely love to hear..I come from Organ playing so I love the 2 manual approach (which works with my T2 and PA2XPRO fine).

I'm glad to see Korg, Yamaha etc doing well in worldwide sales... If they are profitable we keep getting better & better stuff each cycle!

Lee

#235719 - 06/10/08 08:43 AM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nesh:
Indeed here in the middle east most popular keyboards are KORG, Ketron and GEM that support Arabic scales and oriental styles. They are also common in the balkans and near east, and in Germany where a large Turkish community exists.

Now theres your answer when you look for korg demos on You Tube

#235720 - 06/10/08 06:48 PM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Shame no-one makes an arranger specifically for the US market (and UK, I guess ).

Enough with the shlager! Where's the factory zydeco styles? Where's my bank FULL of Motown? Where's the Philly sound? Where's all the second-line?

I think that, if they styled US arrangers as carefully as they style middle eastern and Balkan ones, they would sell a BOATLOAD more of them over here. They can say 'well there's no market for them over here' all they want, but if they keep voicing and styling them for Europe, what do they bloody well expect?

#235721 - 06/10/08 07:10 PM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Well I play balkan music ( ex-Yugoslavian), and the PA800 does not cut it. It is sad, but I have to say that a lot of people trashed the balkan music with middle eastern style. Anyways, I could write for days about how upset I am that people are mixing up Balkan and Eastern Europen music.

Diki, there is little Balkan about Korg pa series.
KORG pa-series is a middle eastern keyboard period!

#235722 - 06/10/08 08:35 PM Re: Market research - and a winner is...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Shame no-one makes an arranger specifically for the US market (and UK, I guess ).

Enough with the shlager! Where's the factory zydeco styles? Where's my bank FULL of Motown? Where's the Philly sound? Where's all the second-line?

I think that, if they styled US arrangers as carefully as they style middle eastern and Balkan ones, they would sell a BOATLOAD more of them over here. They can say 'well there's no market for them over here' all they want, but if they keep voicing and styling them for Europe, what do they bloody well expect?

simple problem = no factory style libraries after the purchase = boring keyboards for many = bad conversions & more good factory styles means keeping the KB & that = no profit for the manufacturers when they try selling the next models...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online