SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235696 - 06/09/08 08:01 PM Re: Best B3 Simulation
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You can't route the G70's Hammond section to anything but the main outputs.

Wish I could, though. My Pro-3T would be on tour with me permanently!

#235697 - 06/09/08 08:40 PM Re: Best B3 Simulation
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
As a Hammond Pro Player, my choice in the "New" keyboards MY preference in sound and Leslie emulation, NOTHING comes closer than the Nord Electro.
The only thing is that you must get accustom to the Non-draw-bars user interface, I had the chance to compare it in the same PA (FLAT) with Korg BX3, Roland VK7, Nord Electro, all of these VS a REAL B3 with a 122.
Hands down, the Nord Electro was the better or closer to the B3 !!.

#235698 - 06/09/08 08:51 PM Re: Best B3 Simulation
Dnj Offline

Maybe NORD will make an arranger model one day ?

#235699 - 06/09/08 09:03 PM Re: Best B3 Simulation
Diki Offline

Why would they get into anything that the market is getting smaller for every year, not larger?

Nord's latest is a vector synthesis keyboard. Loops, morphing textures, cutting edge sounds. Doesn't sound like they are exactly chomping at the bit to supply bossa nova machines for non-players, does it..?

They have NEVER made an all-round, workstation-like product, don't have the sample library for something as complicated as this, and have always specialized in focused application keyboards, whether it is the Nord Lead, Electro, Stage or C1.

To be honest, I admire their approach. Better a few brilliant sounds that we all need than a plethora of half-assed sounds of little value. More keyboard companies should note this, IMO

#235700 - 06/10/08 05:44 AM Re: Best B3 Simulation
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Nord is definitely making an impact with its keyboards and design. They force us to approach things differently, but certainly not in a negative way. Their drawbar switches SEEM to be very responsive; those who use them seem to adjust to the different approach very quickly and easily. I only hope that the Nord will become more accessible, as I have NEVER seen one in a store, nor had the opportunity to actually play one. Had I the opportunity, I would definitely like to look at the Electro2-73 and the C1.

#235701 - 06/10/08 06:08 AM Re: Best B3 Simulation
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Why would they get into anything that the market is getting smaller for every year, not larger?

Nord's latest is a vector synthesis keyboard. Loops, morphing textures, cutting edge sounds. Doesn't sound like they are exactly chomping at the bit to supply bossa nova machines for non-players, does it..?

They have NEVER made an all-round, workstation-like product, don't have the sample library for something as complicated as this, and have always specialized in focused application keyboards, whether it is the Nord Lead, Electro, Stage or C1.

To be honest, I admire their approach. Better a few brilliant sounds that we all need than a plethora of half-assed sounds of little value. More keyboard companies should note this, IMO

Diki why do you put down arranger players & thier choice of instruments. Theres more of us then you really know world wide. I'm proud to play an arranger KB. In this post you seem to veer away from arranger alliance & keep your distance as do many non believers who wouldn't be caught dead playing an arranger for fear of being exiled by so called "REAL" musicians who look down atthe arranger players world?
I hope that's not your train of thought also being you play an arranger also no matter how you use it.

#235702 - 06/10/08 07:04 AM Re: Best B3 Simulation
Diki Offline

Far from it Donny... You know I have played nothing BUT arrangers for all my live gigs for the last 15 years or so.

But that doesn't stop me from acknowledging their TRUE customer base, as Ian so often points out (and you always, at least since you went back to Yamaha, seem to agree with him ). The HOME player, one finger user, which gets us the rep in the first place!

Sure, us 'pros' can use them, but you have to be something of an odd duck (and that's me in a nutshell!) and try to realize that they are neither designed, nor expected to be used by pros much, especially the market leader. There's a lot of us gathered here, but as Ian points out, we are hardly representative!

#235703 - 06/12/08 05:56 AM Re: Best B3 Simulation
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
DUMB
I know better. I had reported that Native Instruments B4 was good, but not quite what I was striving for. I put my Muse Receptor in my 3 space rack by itself, and started over. I saw I had connected only the right out, as I use a Bose, which is mono. I know that a mono out is already summed to mono, but tapping one half of a R/L is not necessarily summed. I took both jacks out and summed to mono . This made the difference. What a sound !

Thanks, Diki, and all others for their suggestions. I would rather eat crow and fess up to a faulty assumption than to say nothing.

Bernie

#235704 - 06/12/08 06:48 AM Re: Best B3 Simulation
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Far from it Donny... You know I have played nothing BUT arrangers for all my live gigs for the last 15 years or so.

But that doesn't stop me from acknowledging their TRUE customer base, as Ian so often points out (and you always, at least since you went back to Yamaha, seem to agree with him ). The HOME player, one finger user, which gets us the rep in the first place!

Sure, us 'pros' can use them, but you have to be something of an odd duck (and that's me in a nutshell!) and try to realize that they are neither designed, nor expected to be used by pros much, especially the market leader. There's a lot of us gathered here, but as Ian points out, we are hardly representative!

Diki......we may be odd ducks...BUT we're Great Playing ODD DUCKS ....whoever made up the Arranger Keyboard RULES I'll never know & quite frankly don't give a crap...
Let the arranger POLICE look and drool baby
We're here to stay & let the so called pros peek over & always wonder
"How does he get that great sound?" with that "Home Keyboard" with speakers bahahahaha It happens all the time & I love it Lets just do our thing, forget the naysayers & enjoy our musical lives & the fact that we can make people happy with our music & make a decent living doing it.

"Money For Nothing & The Chicks For Free"

#235705 - 06/12/08 07:22 AM Re: Best B3 Simulation
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Nobody mentioned the Roland VK8M? It's a fine module that you midi to your keyboard to give you physical drawbars and great Tonewheel sound. Maybe not as good sounding as the NORD, but certainly performance friendly.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online