SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#235656 - 06/08/08 04:19 PM Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I found this video of the Audya that was posted on youtube back in February of this year.

I believe the demonstrator is our pal A.J. from Ketron U.S. He does a very good job of demonstrating Ketron's (hopefully soon to be released) arranger flagship the Audya.

Enjoy the Audya Demo !

Best,
Mike

#235657 - 06/08/08 05:09 PM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
Dnj Offline

Yep thats AJ in the lab....that video demo is a bout 6 months old...I think it was posted here also. Thanx for the heads up. Maybe soon we will see the final product?

#235658 - 06/08/08 09:16 PM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Yep thats AJ in the lab.... Maybe soon we will see the final product?

I hope so Donny. It seems like they keep pushing the release date back. The latest I heard was before the end of "this" year. Seriously though, it would sure make a nice christmas present for somebody if it was released before the holidays.

Best,
Mike

#235659 - 06/08/08 09:42 PM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Either it was a video quality problem, or an audya problem. but when the groove was slowed down, the drums seemed to be hiccupping a bit. Sounded exactly like what time stretching can do if you choose the wrong algorithm or try to push it too far. And I still would have liked to hear what the guitar would have done if a suspended seventh chord or something other than major or minor was used. It sounds great when it's in its element, but stretch it a little and it starts showing its weak spots.

#235660 - 06/08/08 09:48 PM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
Either it was a video quality problem, or an audya problem. but when the groove was slowed down, the drums seemed to be hiccupping a bit. Sounded exactly like what time stretching can do if you choose the wrong algorithm or try to push it too far. And I still would have liked to hear what the guitar would have done if a suspended seventh chord or something other than major or minor was used. It sounds great when it's in its element, but stretch it a little and it starts showing its weak spots.

Aye, i agree to this..

Butt hey are still aiming to release 2nd half of this year...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235661 - 06/08/08 11:12 PM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
All UK dealers are saying that the first shipment is still expected on the 1st July
Regards

Bill

#235662 - 06/09/08 04:42 PM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
I hope so Donny. It seems like they keep pushing the release date back. The latest I heard was before the end of "this" year. Seriously though, it would sure make a nice christmas present for somebody if it was released before the holidays.
Best,
Mike

I just hope they work the bugs out first before its release.....it will save many headaches after the purchase.....not saying I'll buy one yet , But I will certainly look into it, or maybe go to the lab for lunch with AJ & an on hands demo of the Audya. Time will tell!

#235663 - 06/09/08 10:07 PM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I will certainly look into it, or maybe go to the lab for lunch with AJ & an on hands demo of the Audya. Time will tell!

Hey, I thought A.J. lived in Phoenix, AZ?? You'll have a looonnnnggggggg way to go if you want to meet him for lunch.

Unless of course the "Lab" is located somewhere in N.J.

Best,
Mike

#235664 - 06/10/08 04:23 AM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Last I spoke to AJ he lived in Philadelphia, PA.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#235665 - 06/10/08 05:19 AM Re: Audya video with our friend A.J. :)
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Nice demo. It got me thinking how much more AJ (or any of us) could do if these arrangers had a loop or chord sequencer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online