SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#235555 - 06/08/08 05:36 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Dnj Offline

Diki break even? how many times over & over again have you made from the investment of your G70?

#235556 - 06/09/08 02:45 AM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm not playing so I can afford equipment. I'm playing so I can afford to LIVE!

Now that's a LOT more expensive than a keyboard...

Basically, I have always tried to not turn my equipment over too often. It's not that I can't afford it, it's just that, in the first place, I really believe that familiarity and comfort trumps the latest greatest every day of the week, especially if you are primarily a player (look at how many still cling to the B3 - perfection doesn't need an upgrade! ), and secondly, every new keyboard I get, I basically completely re-do my entire repertoire from the ground up. If it is THAT much better, it is that much different, and every sequence style and registration has to be completely re-done. That is a LOT (months) of work to get it where I want. I sure as hell don't want to re-do that every year or so

'Breaking even' for me is maybe the same way you think about all your myriad purchases... If you can't make your money back on it, it's a loss. You keep telling us you never lose money on the constant changing lineup of equipment you go through... So, either you are selling this gear for what you payed for it, or money you are making, that could go to putting food an the table, paying the bills, etc., is actually subsidizing your gear lust.

If I can get another ten years or more out of the G70, and not change PA's for at least that long, even if we made exactly the same income, I would come out ahead, 'cause I didn't go through four arrangers and five PA's in the same period... (assuming you are not selling them for exactly what you paid for them )

At least, that's how I do the math!

#235557 - 06/09/08 04:23 AM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Very few dare to tread......

It seems that way, Zuki...let's hope for Korg's sake that more than a few dare to tread...

Ian

#235558 - 06/09/08 12:17 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Jim (Zuki), we'll help with photos and a web site. We're just down the road, as you know, and the price will be right. Look at LibertyallianceFCU.com or Murrays-Merrick.com. Those are two local sites we have done. We have lots of national and international work out there, and I'd show them to you privately (car manufacturers, foreign tool manufacturers, etc.). Don't usually do individual or retail work, and wouldn't for anyone else, but would be glad to help out if you'd like.

Plan to spend a 1/2 day here. It'll cost you lunch.

Be well,

Russ

#235559 - 06/09/08 04:02 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian my friend...
Don't worry at all about Korg. WORLDWIDE, they sell more arrangers than anyone else.
They are selling ton's of them, a lot go to places you and I don't even know how to spell (at least I don't) :-)I'm not talking about our neck of the woods including UK.

Doesn't mean anything to me other than I am glad for any and all companies that are making it work.

Lee

#235560 - 06/09/08 04:15 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian my friend...
Don't worry at all about Korg. WORLDWIDE, they sell more arrangers than anyone else.

I don't know about the other markets, Lee...I just know they do very poorly in Canada and the USA.

My local dealer won't even carry Korg arrangers...they have the line, but they only sell Workstations and Digital Pianos...and not many of them, either!

Regarding "worldwide sales" I guess it's down to whatever "reliable" source one wants to believe.

Ian

BTW...did you get that tune and style I sent you?

#235561 - 06/10/08 07:24 AM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
Sorry to hear your dealer there does not have the Korgs...you could try a few just for fun...I know you are a Yamaha guy (That's great!) so you probably would never buy one, but it would be fun for you to have the opportunity to play them. They do have some very nice sounds and features.

My Dealer here has LOTS of Korgs...every model and he tells me he sells TONS of them...there going somewhere? Not overseas either.

Frank at audiowerks sell lots of them too.
Even though I suspect the large volumes go to other than N. America.

I don't care who sells the most...I just want a perfect one for ME someday...don't care who makes it. It's not an ego trip...it's supposed to be music! :-)

For now, we do have some great machines to choose from! I remember back in the Yamaha electone (HS-8T)days I had to actually change a cartridge to change out a different AWM voice! Wow, we've come a long way from that.

Lee

#235562 - 06/10/08 06:40 PM Re: I tried the Korg pa-800 and...............
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I don't care who sells the most...I just want a perfect one for ME someday...don't care who makes it. It's not an ego trip...it's supposed to be music! :-)

Amen to that... If Casio or Realistic or even Mediastation came out with the perfect arranger FOR ME tomorrow, it would be on the first truck to my area that afternoon!

I don't care WHO makes them (I've got no stock in the company!), as long as they figure out what what a real player needs... Enough with the karaoke cr@p! Give me an arranger that is designed to be PLAYED. In any way I can think of...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online