SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#235503 - 06/08/08 02:43 PM Re: gear and software available
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Just more one question ( I will not pull up the old topic....)
I wrote there:
Hello...what we have now to restart again with the copyright argument?
Is already cloned the whole Yamaha Tyros, some Korg, Roland Fanthom and so on.. and?
read here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25832
I still waiting...

what happen with the: Lionstracs broken the copyright.... on korgforums link??
After of full blame me they have finally resolved this issue and deleted all?

They wrote:
short life on lionstracs...
yes yes..I'm still here!
cheers my friends!

#235504 - 06/08/08 03:08 PM Re: gear and software available
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Diki
Thanks for the reply to vibrato problem. Now, If only knew what a pitch strip is, if the mod wheel doesn't cut it.

#235505 - 06/08/08 10:07 PM Re: gear and software available
Bachus Offline

Well the big problem with sofware development is that its so complex nowerdays, that it would take years for a development team to find all the bugs...

Commerciall software development teams like microsoft have hundred thousands of beta testers and they even can't create bug free software at release.

Now companies like Lionstracs and Korg that actually make arrangers based on software running on dedicated hardware and they have no beta testers at all, just the development team. So it will take them much longer to figure out the problems..

Seems like Ketron is currently having a hard time developing the Audya (which is also a software based system)

I give all credit to Lionstracs for trying to fix this with such a small team, and if they can pull of a working Q-ranger they have made another step towards the top.

For now, i'll keep struggling with my own hardware and i'll probably need to buy another soundcard to get anything done on Linux as creative labs has the worst driver support in all the world, They just added reasonable low lattency asio support for vista last month and there are no drivers for Linux at all, just some beta drivers that don't work to good on the latest 32 bit kernels... And the OSS drivers are no option because they lack most of the needed interfacing for JACK and such.

Yes i truly understand the struggle of developing a software instrument.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235506 - 06/09/08 10:50 AM Re: gear and software available
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think Korg has little worry about the copyright issue at the moment due to the fact that sales of the MS are negligible (in their terms), and they view the MS as no competition whatsoever.

But should it ever start to cut into their sales in any significant way, we'll probably see a re-visit of the issue.

The way I see it at the moment, few are actually using the MS as a straight ahead arranger other than maybe his hard core Serbian speed-freak users (do these guys actually know how to play a whole note? Just kidding, guys! Don't fatwah me ). As far as I can figure out, most over here, at least, are just using it as a sort of Muse Receptor with a keyboard attached (nobody posts much, that's for sure).

So this doesn't really compete with any of Korg's products, being an utterly different thing. It would probably cost them more to sue than what they could recover given a favorable ruling....

But, as I've said before, I will be interested in Dom's response if anyone ever cracks the MS software, and releases it for free so anyone with a PC can run Mediastation without buying one of Dom's dongles (er, I mean keyboard). And then bragging about it in public and going 'where are all Dom's lawyers? Bring it on!'

Copyright infringement and intellectual property theft are a LOT more serious an issue when it's YOUR intellectual property being stolen, eh Dom?

#235507 - 06/09/08 11:32 AM Re: gear and software available
LIONSTRACS Offline

LOL
what give to stolen in my OS that is full linux open source??
they con download the source of the all application installed where they like.
IF also they can have the possibility to acess of the mediastation OS code, they will be scared after found aboot 560.000 lines of C++, LUA and QT code. ( is about half MS Windows 3.1 OS code, that we have developed in less 4 years)
IF then they are able to "dongle" one MS hardware, need some years.. ( and IF they are able to produce VGA Cards, or they can ask me to resell my unique worldwide LVDS VGA card for industrial products) remain the fact that they have to rewrite and porting the 95% of they embedded firmware, NOT compatible at all under Linux.
Then, 3th..they have to setup a totally new Linux developer team that have know how about audio-midi..mean another 4-6 years...
after 4+6 years how much new code and feature can have the mediastation? mean that they have to restart again untill they can compete with my OS?

Look at the audya..now are about 3 years with one prototipe that still is not working for the basic features and still they are glue with the old 10 years Dream dated and limited chipset.
Starting to produce a new generation keyboard with 10 years old DSP chipset that can NOT match with the power of one PC system is a totally suicide...
I give they 1 year life of this keyboard when is released and then they have to remake the all hardware again.

Not enough?
look at the OASYS, one open ( close) system that you are not able to upgrade the 5 years old mainboard, the display is only 640x40 so slow that alsa can never open one standard 800x600 page.
16 bit audio card with the audio controlled by analog slider...
really a BIG software developement in one dated hardware system...all the hardware keyboard have to be project again.
it mean another 3-4 years...

anyway..welcome if someone can entry in the PC X86 field and open source, then finally we can share some OS together..

cheers

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 06-09-2008).]

#235508 - 06/09/08 12:06 PM Re: gear and software available
Dnj Offline

Domenico any word on the release of the new 61 key MS unit? I'd be interested in knowing more about it for sure.
Thank You for all your efforts.

ciao

DP

#235509 - 06/09/08 12:20 PM Re: gear and software available
LIONSTRACS Offline

already started to ptoduce a new big qualtity of MS electronic boards.
I think we will receive the fist X-61 case beginn August, then for september I think we are ready to shipping.
Another totally different nice AMD2 hardware will come out in september...
Slow slow ( we are not yammy..) but always my promise come out..( always before the all slower big others)
Someone there already saw the prototype pictures...
You will be informed, don't worry
cheers

#235510 - 06/09/08 12:46 PM Re: gear and software available
Bachus Offline

Is he really asking for 61 keys?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235511 - 06/09/08 01:03 PM Re: gear and software available
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Dom, try looking up the word 'empathy' in Italian.

If you can't even conjecture how it would feel to have the results of YOUR hard work ripped off by someone else, it's no wonder you have so little regard for doing it to others.

Perhaps this might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethic_of_reciprocity

The Golden Rule is 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you', NOT 'Do unto others anything you can get away with, and do it before they do it to you', if I remember correctly

#235512 - 06/09/08 02:10 PM Re: gear and software available
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
......'Do unto others anything you can get away with, and do it before they do it to you'

And sadly, therein lies the raison d'etre of modern society.

Dennis

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online