SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#235389 - 06/07/08 07:13 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Dnj Offline

True Ian....with just a few little changes here & there to the design, featrures, navigational, & OS, the S-series could be the perfect Arranger line in the future for so many applications.

#235390 - 06/07/08 10:54 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
with just a few little changes here & there to the design, featrures, navigational, & OS, the S-series could be the perfect Arranger

But you see, this is all ANY of us are asking for

#235391 - 06/08/08 12:14 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
aboslutely Ian just as some pro musicians are still using the PSR9000 but it is unlikely that Yamaha are going to go back to making them just for a few people who love it. They are market led like any other successful manuactures. The only difference for yamaha is that they 'selected' that area of the market that they have whatever percieved advantage to exploit the mostfor arrangers. But things change the future could be very different.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 06-08-2008).]

#235392 - 06/08/08 01:03 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
But things change the future could be very different.

With a customer survey that doesn't even ASK whether you want 76 or not, I wouldn't count on it being ANY different...

#235393 - 06/08/08 10:06 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i dont count on things changing in that respect but there are other products i could go to if the number of keys were that important to me.it just isnt. Built in speaker is more important to me than the extra keys.

#235394 - 06/08/08 10:27 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
With a customer survey that doesn't even ASK whether you want 76 or not, I wouldn't count on it being ANY different...

According to my Roland rep buddy, their surveys don't ask about the number of keys either.

Don't know about Korg...but shouldn't be hard to find out...someone knows...I'll do some checking in the meantime.

Ian

#235395 - 06/08/08 11:03 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Diki Offline

Roland don't need to ASK about 76-ers, because they already have their sales figures to give them a clue. But a company that DOESN'T make a 76 in their arranger line is only going to get information by asking.

Which, of course, they won't (they've long made up their minds, whether the customers want them or not ).

This is kind of like me playing a REALLY bad version of "in the Mood' ONE time, and nobody claps, so from that point onwards I go 'Nobody likes bigband music, so I won't play any. These people that keep coming up and asking me for it MUST be some 'niche crowd', because I already tried it and EVERYBODY hated it. I will NEVER play bigband music again. OK, everybody, would you like to hear country, reggae or rock?!'

#235396 - 06/08/08 11:36 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
ianmcnll Offline

Possibly, Diki...but more realistically, Yamaha's sales figures probably established the idea of the 61 note being the optimum arranger configuration for TOTL...after they saw how dismal Roland was doing...and there was no need to enter that particular niche market at this time...maybe they will down the road if it looks promising, but it doesn't seem to look good so far.

Actually, Yamaha makes many arrangers with more than 61 keys...just not TOTL...the DGX/YPG are excellent products...and the bane of Roland's E-60, from what I have heard.

I haven't heard you play "In the Mood" so I can't comment...if it's like the rest of your stuff...it's probably pretty good.

Ian

#235397 - 06/08/08 12:19 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Actually, Yamaha makes many arrangers with more than 61 keys...just not TOTL...the DGX/YPG are excellent products...and the bane of Roland's E-60, from what I have heard.

Well, big difference is the YPG's sound like toys compared to the E60's professionall sound..

But then to many people are blinded by the sign "Yamaha". The YPG 635 is rated just under the S500 when you look at the sounds. (thats where yamaha places them)

While E50/E60 are direct contenders of the S900.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235398 - 06/08/08 12:29 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

But then to many people are blinded by the sign "Yamaha".

I'd say they were more likely "assured" by the Yamaha logo.

Smart people recognize value for their money...the DGX/YPG are incredible instruments.

Ian

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online